Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Laurali wrote: »
    what does this even mean. I'm in north California where there are identified cases, but i'm hardly putting myself into quarantine when I get back next week. that sounds mental.

Are you one of the identified cases? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

owlbethere wrote: »
    Is that the late late interview?

Ridiculous interview. There's talk of good hand hygiene practices and that's all well and good but the virus can enter through the eyes and I suppose through cuts on skin. If someone is walking in the early days of contracting the coronavirus, and not displaying symptoms, being careless coughing and sneezing, other people can still catch it. Hand hygiene will help but its not the full answer. Are we all supposed to walk around with goggles?

Washing hands is the key to not spreading it. Spreading it being the key here.

Was hand, self isolate if unwell. Sneeze in your sleeve or hanky. Wash your hands. Dont spread it.
    I think everyone knows it's coming. How about we just not spread it more than it needs to be

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Coronavirus: Iran's deaths at least 210, hospital sources say

4 hours ago

At least 210 people in Iran have died as a result of the new coronavirus disease, sources in the country's health system have told BBC Persian.

Most of the victims are from the capital, Tehran, and the city of Qom, where cases of Covid-19 first emerged.

The figure is six times higher than the official death toll of 34 given by the health ministry earlier on Friday.

Ministry spokesman Kianoush Jahanpour insisted it was being transparent and accused the BBC of spreading lies.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51673053

Anyone surprised?

cnocbui wrote: »
    Anyone surprised?

No because it was posted here hours ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

wakka12 wrote: »
    https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nacional/region-metropolitana/2020/02/28/mujer-da-positivo-en-examen-rapido-del-coronavirus-fue-trasladada-al-hospital-el-carmen.shtml
    First presumptive positive case in Chile.
    Seriously this is getting weird, about 20 different countries have reported first case in the last 3 days, and usually it's just the one. Before that it was mostly just clusters forming for weeks prior. Why would so many have their first all at such a similar period ?

I would assume it's the airport's, crews from different airlines using same facilities, airport to airport, wouldn't be long in spreading, just a theory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Again what did you want him to say ?

Eh maybe a bit of balance, i know that's hard when the HSE are throwing money at you to calm fears though

Look i understand the need to keep people calm fair enough but it's frankly ridiculous carry on to send some lad out smiling and laughing like that when almost 3000 people are dead (offically) and the world economy is headed for the sh1tter.

That's not even to mention the amount of people who will suffer long term damage medical from the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Coronavirus: Iran's deaths at least 210, hospital sources say

4 hours ago

Related Topics

Coronavirus outbreak

Image copyright EPA
    Image caption Iran is the only country in the Gulf region that has reported deaths from Covid-19

At least 210 people in Iran have died as a result of the new coronavirus disease, sources in the country's health system have told BBC Persian.

Most of the victims are from the capital, Tehran, and the city of Qom, where cases of Covid-19 first emerged.

The figure is six times higher than the official death toll of 34 given by the health ministry earlier on Friday.

Ministry spokesman Kianoush Jahanpour insisted it was being transparent and accused the BBC of spreading lies.

Anyone surprised?
    Well either they're lying, or fukked. The numbers they're reporting is circa 10% mortality rate, which doesn't tally with anywhere else, Korea, Italy, even China. So someone, somewhere is telling porkies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Ikozma wrote: »
    I'll just order takeaway, they can ring the bell, leave it at the front door and run

Why would the takeaways remain open when everything is in lockdown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Laurali wrote: »
    what does this even mean. I'm in north California where there are identified cases, but i'm hardly putting myself into quarantine when I get back next week. that sounds mental.

Someone could walk around with the virus not knowing they have it spreading it about. If you show flu like symptoms you need to self isolate. Stay at home for 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

fritzelly wrote: »
    No because it was posted here hours ago

I missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Again what did you want him to say ?
    The truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Someone could walk around with the virus not knowing they have it spreading it about. If you show flu like symptoms you need to self isolate. Stay at home for 2 weeks.

Too late...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Eh maybe a bit of balance, i know that's hard when the HSE are throwing money at you to calm fears though

Look i understand the need to keep people calm fair enough but it's frankly ridiculous carry on to send some lad out smiling and laughing like that when almost 3000 people are dead (offically) and the world economy is headed for the sh1tter.

That's not even to mention the amount of people who will suffer long term damage medical from the virus.

He's not there to talk b*llocks, he's there to talk about facts,

Maybe you should go on as well, for balance like.

People won't do that without being forced, that's a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Yes. I would have thought the true figure was in the thousands...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

kenmc wrote: »
    Well either they're lying, or fukked. The numbers they're reporting is circa 10% mortality rate, which doesn't tally with anywhere else, Korea, Italy, even China. So someone, somewhere is telling porkies

Why would they lie to make it look like they have a much higher fitality rate?

Many of these statistics coming out of less reliable countries may be their inability to test and track rather than dileberate lies.

eeepaulo wrote: »
    He's not there to talk b*llocks, he's there to talk about facts,

Maybe you should go on as well, for balance like.

He gave one side of the arguement not facts.

skimpydoo wrote: »
    The truth.

Which is

• Registered Users Posts: 13,944 ✭✭✭✭josip

Got a 5 litre container of petrol down in Applegreen just now.
    That's all the shopping done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭quokula

He gave one side of the arguement not facts.

He gave the factual side of the argument. No need to put a reactionary loon on next to the professional expert for the sake of balance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Ikozma wrote: »
    I know a few people who are stockpiling food, absolute nutters in this country, they are gonna feel like such idiots in a few mths time

How? If the food is still fresh, what is the issue? Everyone is not influenced by Brennan Bread bull.

quokula wrote: »
    He gave the factual side of the argument. No need to put a reactionary loon on next to the professional expert for the sake of balance.

For balance we should have had Jim Corr up there .

Oh and Gemma Doherty

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

https://twitter.com/search?q=Unbelievable&src=trend_click

Wowsers.... this guy is back in America aft completing his quarantine. Guess he hasn't recieved the note 're basic hygiene

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

People won't do that without being forced, that's a fact.

Very very very true.

People have work to go to. It would depend entirely on the employer. Some employers would be understanding. Other employers can be gob****es. Not everybody can afford to take 2 weeks unpaid time off sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Why would the takeaways remain open when everything is in lockdown?

Don't worryNothing will be in lockdown, your watching too many end of the world movies

For balance we should have had Jim Corr up there .

Oh and Gemma Doherty

Why? They are both lunatics :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Looking at the figures on worldometer china only reporting 8 new cases and 0
    deaths for today.
    must be big delays in the reporting of there figures today

laurah591 wrote: »
    https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=Unbelievable&src=trend_click

Wowsers.... this guy is back in America aft completing his quarantine. Guess he hasn't recieved the note 're basic hygiene

:eek:

laurah591 wrote: »
    https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=Unbelievable&src=trend_click

Laughed my head off when he took a drink from his kids bottle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭creditcarder

kenmc wrote: »

Lying or cleaning house :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement