Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

wakka12 wrote: »

This made me giggle

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Is Iran lying ?

Go Xi - Outside Hubei - 4 new cases and 2 deaths - Amazing!!!

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1233551272692920325

fritzelly wrote: »
    Go Xi - Outside Hubei - 4 new cases and 2 deaths - Amazing!!!

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1233551272692920325

It sure sounds like dodgy numbers but if actually do get rid of it and the rest of the world doesnt then China will isolate on the world stage. Wouldnt blame them, after all they locked down half their population. 780 million plus.

Those are the extremes we`d need to go to. Limiting the spread now (if that can still be done) would help and since we`ll need to lock down anyway.........the sooner the better really.

It sure sounds like dodgy numbers but if actually do get rid of it and the rest of the world doesnt then China will isolate on the world stage. Wouldnt blame them, after all they locked down half their population. 780 million plus.

Those are the extremes we`d need to go to. Limiting the spread now (if that can still be done) would help and since we`ll need to lock down anyway.........the sooner the better really.

Leo was on the phone to Xi - psst don't test and you have no cases, heard it here first

It really is just unbelievable that there is only 4 new cases in the rest of China while Italy is the pariah of Europe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel/1582902733-third-israeli-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-in-israel-after-recovering-at-japan-hospital

So eh if you never truly get rid of this virus then mankind just made a huge mistake not locking down borders for a few weeks or even months after Wuhan was isolated. We may have just dropped our life expectancy quite a bit in combination with increasing the number of infertile men all while damaging our lung capacity, & kidneys. (round glass pneumonic changes - https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/coronavirus-update-boy-with-no-symptoms-suffers-lung-irregularities-c-669975 , "SCIENTISTS RAISE CONCERNS OVER POTENTIAL LINK BETWEEN CORONAVIRUS AND MALE FERTILITY" - https://www.newsweek.com/chinese-scientists-coronavirus-male-fertility-1488235 , acute kidney injury - https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/02/here-is-what-coronavirus-does-to-the-body/ , cardiac injury and arrest, lung scarring - this can reduce your lung capacity permanently - https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/28/coronavirus-lungs-affects-body-12136009/ )

Even Kids without symptoms or with barely any symptoms are still getting damage to their lungs. All of this has already been posted on the thread with links.
    A few months lockdown and the economic damage would have been worth avoiding a potential world changer.
    If only a few people relapse and maintain the virus in their bodies then, if this is ever eradicated, those people need to be shipping off to modern day leper colonies.

Of course if you dont mind having no retirement none of this matters.

ps the advice now from the HSE about self isolation if you get flu symptoms means you should have a couple of weeks worth of food to hand pretty much all the time.
    But at least the money kept flowing for an extra week....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel/1582902733-third-israeli-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-in-israel-after-recovering-at-japan-hospital

So eh if you never truly get rid of this virus then mankind just made a huge mistake not locking down borders for a few weeks or even months after Wuhan was isolated. We may have just dropped our life expectancy quite a bit in combination with increasing the number of infertile men all while damaging our lung capacity, & kidneys. (round glass pneumonic changes - https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/coronavirus-update-boy-with-no-symptoms-suffers-lung-irregularities-c-669975 , "SCIENTISTS RAISE CONCERNS OVER POTENTIAL LINK BETWEEN CORONAVIRUS AND MALE FERTILITY" - https://www.newsweek.com/chinese-scientists-coronavirus-male-fertility-1488235 , acute kidney injury - https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/02/here-is-what-coronavirus-does-to-the-body/ , cardiac injury and arrest, lung scarring - this can reduce your lung capacity permanently - https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/28/coronavirus-lungs-affects-body-12136009/ )

Even Kids without symptoms or with barely any symptoms are still getting damage to their lungs. All of this has already been posted on the thread with links.
    A few months lockdown and the economic damage would have been worth avoiding a potential world changer.
    If only a few people relapse and maintain the virus in their bodies then, if this is ever eradicated, those people need to be shipping off to modern day leper colonies.

Of course if you dont mind having no retirement none of this matters.

ps the advice now from the HSE about self isolation if you get flu symptoms means you should have a couple of weeks worth of food to hand pretty much all the time.

There's an awful lot of mights and maybes in your links. For good reason. Nobody has any reliable idea of the long term effects of this virus yet. Which is not surprising, as nobody has any idea what's going to happen tomorrow either. Idle speculation is unhelpful.
    I'm blue in the face from saying this to people who have been telling me since January that I'm obsessed with preparedness. I've always stockpiled food and supplies because I just like knowing I would be ready if anything kicked off. I replenished and actually overstocked our cupboards the last three weeks and I'm actually quite surprised other people may have started to do it as well. I really just feel that it's a sensible way to live where you can feel like you're secure.

You're absolutely right about the life expectancy issue. If this, combined with poor quality air, is what my kids lungs are going to have to contend with before they splutter their dying breaths, I'm just not going to bother sadistically bringing life into the world to put them through that suffering. There's absolute global carnage at the moment.

This is not an over reaction at all.

Incidentally, bar some pockets of anomalies over a few years here and there, every single long term trend, on a whole world basis, for every conceivable quality of life measure is positive and has been since the end of WWII. The bad things are all reducing: poverty, famine, starvation. The good and "good" increasing: access to clean drinking water, obesity, life expectancy, electricity connections, access to pointless technology which allows for the posting of hysteria on teh interwebs, etc.

Although perhaps it's better for the rest of us and our children when the tin-foil hat brigade decide not to procreate.

tuxy wrote: »
    Why would they lie to make it look like they have a much higher fitality rate?

Many of these statistics coming out of less reliable countries may be their inability to test and track rather than dileberate lies.

I asked the same question earlier but it wasn’t picked up by anyone. The only conclusion I have is that it could lead to less sanctions on the country. Well, that’s what they’re hoping for.

Leo was on the phone to Xi - psst don't test and you have no cases, heard it here first

It really is just unbelievable that there is only 4 new cases in the rest of China while Italy is the pariah of Europe

11 million unable to leave their apartments for 2 months.
    Rewards to tell on your neighbour if they are infected.
    Quarantine centres that are illegal to not go to if you are infected.
    Instant incineration for bodies.
    Welding infected into their own apartments.
    Buying flu medicine can get you reported to police.
    40,000 medical staff brought in from other provinces.
    All flights transport and private vechiles grounded.
    All communication blocked/monitored so very little info.
    All public gatherings banned.
    Spraying of roads/air with disinfectant and fishing banned cause of the crapnin the water.
    Governors with 'bad' stats replaced with governers with better stats.

I'm not at all surprised with the numbers. I just think WE haven't started seeing the real numbers yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Any word from Runaways has he still got both arms and legs?

• Advertisement

There's an awful lot of mights and maybes in your links. For good reason. Nobody has any reliable idea of the long term effects of this virus yet. Which is not surprising, as nobody has any idea what's going to happen tomorrow either. Idle speculation is unhelpful.

This is not an over reaction at all.

Incidentally, bar some pockets of anomalies over a few years here and there, every single long term trend, on a whole world basis, for every conceivable quality of life measure is positive and has been since the end of WWII. The bad things are all reducing: poverty, famine, starvation. The good and "good" increasing: access to clean drinking water, obesity, life expectancy, electricity connections, access to pointless technology which allows for the posting of hysteria on teh interwebs, etc.

Although perhaps it's better for the rest of us and our children when the tin-foil hat brigade decide not to procreate.

Every article referenced there refers to a medical study.
    Not peer reviewed yet, it not rubbished either.
    Educate yourself. The virus attaches/attacks via ACE2 receptors.
    They are more prevalent in the lungs, kidneys and testes.
    Even mild (asymptomatic) cases have lesions left behind, that's how they know the kids had the disease.

SO much is unknown it's a bit premature to be calling someone a tin foil hat just because you don't like what they're saying. Especially when what they are saying is based on medical articles published (though not enough time to peer review yet)

So, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

SeaBreezes wrote: »
    Every article referenced there refers to a medical study.
    Not peer reviewed yet, it not rubbished either.
    Educate yourself. The virus attaches/attacks via ACE2 receptors.
    They are more prevalent in the lungs, kidneys and testes.
    Even mild (asymptomatic) cases have lesions left behind, that's how they know the kids had the disease.

SO much is unknown it's a bit premature to be calling someone a tin foil hat just because you don't like what they're saying. Especially when what they are saying is based on medical articles published (though not enough time to peer review yet)

So, yeah.

Please read the post again. I didn't call BlindJustice, the poster who had the links a tin foil hat.

idle speculation, this is a discussion forum, no? Alot of that information stems from work researchers and doctors. Hardly the makey uppey pub talk its being treated as. You have basically told me to stop talking about the whole thing and dismissed it out of hand.

No idea whats going to happen tomorrow?, well one thing is for sure and its that the world wide numbers are hardly going to go down tomorrow now are they?
    You are right about how we dont know anything about the long term effects of the virus. Hopefully the relapse stuff is just poor testing. But until we know more its best to err on the side of caution, no?

Please read the post again. I didn't call BlindJustice, the poster who had the links a tin foil hat.

Idle speculation.. were the words you used.
    Still Incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

Meanwhile

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1233562667069169669

Case progression in SK looks nasty

laurah591 wrote: »
    Meanwhile

https://mobile.twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1233562667069169669

Remove mobile from the twitter link and it shows the post

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

Remove mobile from the twitter link and it shows the post

Thanks will do that going forward - you learn something new everyday

laurah591 wrote: »
    Meanwhile

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1233562667069169669

Though maybe it's a good thing? They are testing so extensively their nunbers will be exact. More so than any other country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

We’re gonna wish they they did censorship too!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,079 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Trump not allowing testing, as it will make him look bad. SO no testing allowed, best not to know the numbers is his thinking ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well that was a mammoth 15 pages to get though, still here and will post if I see any news over the next hour or 2, thanks everyone for updating with the news, enjoying this thread.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Computer Science Student

What stocks are you guys buying ?

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-02/27/c_138823909.htm
    Obstruction of the airway can lead to secondary infections, said Zhong. "We are working to solve the problem," he said.

The mortality rate among critically ill patients in Wuhan, the epicenter of the outbreak, is close to 60 percent, Zhong said, adding that experts are searching for solutions to hypoxia, and some new methods have proved effective in relieving breathing difficulties of patients in Wuhan.

Addressing the question that some patients discharged from hospital after initial recovery have tested positive for the coronavirus for a second time, Zhong said COVID-19 is a new infectious disease, the process of which is not known yet.

"We can't draw an absolute conclusion at present and have to follow its development closely. But according to the laws of microorganisms, those with enough antibodies will not be infected again," Zhong said.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

What stocks are you guys buying ?
    Most of us went for beans, rice, pasta, fish fingers, hand sanitizer, tuna and Jax Roll.

Hope this helps.

Most of us went for beans, rice, pasta, fish fingers, hand sanitizer, tuna and Jax Roll.

Hope this helps.

Reply of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Computer Science Student

I'm buying oil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Hope this helps.
    How are you feeling?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭DaithiMa

✓ Locust Plague(s)
    ✓ Global Pandemic
    ✓ Red Storm Alerts
    ✓ Occult Moon last Month
    ✓ Troops amassing in MidEast
    ✓ Snakes back in Ireland

You'd get decent odds on that acca...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

WHO has raised the global risk level from high to very high.

• Advertisement

Some myth busting:
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/28/coronavirus-truth-myths-flu-covid-19-face-masks

Also:
    The beauty salon is at the Australia Fair shopping centre on the Gold Coast. Queensland’s chief health officer Dr Jeannette Young said they believe she saw 30 to 40 clients on Thursday, mostly for very short appointments. Interactions of less than 15 minutes have a low risk of transmitting the virus, Young said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement