Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Cupatae wrote: »
    Heres facts for ya,

Most cases are Mild (more than 80%)

Most people recover

Hows that?

And tell Me, what about that 20%? Would they be severe/critical cases requiring hospitalisation? And tell Me, what happens if we have too many people on they 20% range at once? Go back to sticking your head in the sand and crossing your fingers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Awful. We are so lucky to live in a time of readily available antibiotics.

The problem isn the antibiotics its the people that over use em.

Timmy has a cough! quick dose him to the eyeballs in antibiotics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    For sure it’s here just not confirmed yet I would think . I know of one company someone came back from northern Italy last week went into work feeling sick and HR sent them home no update as to if they have been tested .

Very worrying.

How does someone get tested for Covid-19? Does someone from the HSE call out and test in a home? The HSE according to poster here has ignored his call.

So far the guidelines are self isolate if you fill I'll coming back from an affected country or if you come in contact with someone with Covid-19. How would someone know they came in contact with a person infected with Covid-19?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Need two separate threads, one for news and updates and the other for people to debate back and forth about whether this is serious or not.

Mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thankfully my mother was one of the three who survived ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

And vaccines too, if you are of a certain age those three circles on your arm (or two if you're younger) are from a vaccine which believe it or not is no longer given to children in this country.

The BCG was removed from routine childhood vaccination schedules 5 years ago.

givyjoe wrote: »
    And tell Me, what about that 20%? Would they be severe/critical cases requiring hospitalisation? And tell Me, what happens if we have too many people on they 20% range at once? Go back to sticking your head in the sand and crossing your fingers.

They die, or recover this is life, its u that has ur head stuck in the sand, do you think banging out statistics and watching trolleys on boards is gonna change it ?

But life will go on and as with everything else thus far this will pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

Also here they prescribe wide spectrum to cover all bases in other countries they swab say the throat for example to see what it is exactly and then prescribe accordingly. But also not going to help where a virus is concerned obviously only going to treat bacterial infections

Need two separate threads, one for news and updates and the other for people to debate back and forth about whether this is serious or not.

Mods?

ah no; the mix is grand,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Mwengwe wrote: »
    I'd just use my sleeve.

Ever tried to use a touchscreen with a sleeve or gloves? You can't, unless they're special gloves designed for use with touch screens. It's still unhygienic. IMO it's not on to force people to use these in doctor's surgeries, they must spread loads of germs, totally unnecessarily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

They die, or recover this is life, its u that has ur head stuck in the sand, do you think banging out statistics and watching trolleys on boards is gonna change it ?

Wow, thanks for the insight. Meanwhile in the real world, those pesky stats/critically ill folks have the potential to overwhelm the health service and that's when the mortality rate spikes. No biggy right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭brick tamland

You get the impresssion a lost of posters on here wont be happy unless it turns into a end of days, zombie apocalypse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Exactly. There's a deadly race going on between more effective antibiotic production and antibiotic-resistant bacteria evolving. Guess who is winning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

cnocbui wrote: »
    Norway says it could be 25% of their population, others have said it could infect up to 60%.

1% would be the credibility I would give your posts.

What % of Chinese population is infected so far when it went inchecked for weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Donald trump is an absolute boll0cks of the highest order and I wish something very bad would happen to him. I won't type it here. He was on the news spouting his sh1te saying coronavirus is a hoax. Ignorant GOBSH1TE. I wish he would get on with his high wall and drive very fast into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Chinese manufacturing hits record low amid coronavirus outbreak- body blow for globalisation

Thanks all; for the humour along with the serious side. Amid a bad storm here and they terrify me so a diversion is welcome. And the humour is not cruel etc as it can be in some places.

Wishing all well; I am safe here away from it all out here as am immunosuppressed and live soli tude and hermitage here but caring and hoping that it is brought under control. Any way I can help. please ask. If anyone would like the list I gave drumpot re stocking up, they are welcome.. Just ask him..

Dratted storm; that last blast spilled my coffee! lol.. See you all later..unless the house gets …… Very loud is this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

owlbethere wrote: »
    Donald trump is an absolute boll0cks of the highest order and I wish something very bad would happen to him. I won't type it here. He was on the news spouting his sh1te saying coronavirus is a hoax. Ignorant GOBSH1TE. I wish he would get on with his high wall and drive very fast into it.

Oh the irony if he gets it (crosses fingers)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,476 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

joe_99 wrote: »
    What % of Chinese population is infected so far when it went inchecked for weeks?

We're only guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Drumpot wrote: »
    That may be the case but if you are not testing most of the people who may only have mild symptoms then you are only providing statistics on those tested. As far as I can tell, unless you are showing considerable symptoms, you are more likely to not be tested. Limitations of testing capacity may play a factor in different countries.

I was paraphrasing Dr Bruce Aylward the WHO expert who defeated Ebola in Africa and who has almost defeated Polio worldwide and was the leader of the WHO mission to China.

He based his opinion on the widespread Chinese testing of asymptomatic people and serological results from community surveys showing little or no evidence of exposure to the virus.

He said the Chinese figures were real.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Too many people on here and elsewhere want the apocalyptic uncontrollable virus wiping half of us out. They'll be disappointed when this one is over...

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    Also here they prescribe wide spectrum to cover all bases in other countries they swab say the throat for example to see what it is exactly and then prescribe accordingly. But also not going to help where a virus is concerned obviously only going to treat bacterial infections

It's a bit of a moot point as the world hasn't created any new antibiotics for a couple of decades now (citation needed, but it's bad) - another reason why the human race is vulnerable/hanging by a thread

* It's actually 4 decades

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

joe_99 wrote: »
    What % of people will actually get it the virus? Less than 1%?
    <br />
    <br />
    Where are you getting this from? Norway thinks it'll be 25% of the population there.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

jeese is that what you say to your parents and grandparents if they're still alive? sorry gramps your time is up, you had a good run but sure life will go on

imagine the issues in childcare in this country if a lot of parents and grandparents are bumped off with this virus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Too many people on here and elsewhere want the apocalyptic uncontrollable virus wiping half of us out. They'll be disappointed when this one is over...

there is always an asteroid or nukes then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

tillyfilly wrote: »
    Chinese manufacturing hits record low amid coronavirus outbreak- body blow for globalisation

That was for January ,in the last two weeks they are back to 70%,they believe to back 100% within two weeks.
    I been following this for the last two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Welcome to the coronavirus speculation thread

Ireland be grand. Storm after storm after storm keep us indoors in a month we will be back to hailing Gretta

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

fr336 wrote: »
    <br />
    <br />
    Where are you getting this from? Norway thinks it'll be 25% of the population there.

I read they’re planning worst case scenario 25%. Not that they’re expecting that figure.

givyjoe wrote: »
    Wow, thanks for the insight. Meanwhile in the real world, those pesky stats/critically ill folks have the potential to overwhelm the health service and that's when the mortality rate spikes. No biggy right?

Jesus joe, you're right!....Hang on till go get my cape!!! CAPTAIN STATISTICS TO SAVE THE DAY!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Doesn’t matter who takes issue with it. They are facts

I am never taking "facts" from the politburo in Beijing. You do so at your pleasure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement