Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

Is this business with the hand sanitizers running out a joke? Honestly can't tell.

I'm a Pharmacist I haven't been able to keep any in stock for more than a day & I haven't been able to get any for about 1.5 weeks. I've promised the local GP first preference on the next case I get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

bb12 wrote: »
    jeese is that what you say to your parents and grandparents if they're still alive? sorry gramps your time is up, you had a good run but sure life will go on

imagine the issues in childcare in this country if a lot of parents and grandparents are bumped off with this virus.

Your last sentence is arguably no more blunt than anything they said tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Mwengwe wrote: »
    It's a bit of a moot point as the world hasn't created any new antibiotics for a couple of decades now (citation needed, but it's bad) - another reason why the human race is vulnerable/hanging by a thread

* It's actually 4 decades

My GP is quite good when it comes to administering antibiotics,he doesn't you would need to be at deaths door before he would

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

You get the impresssion a lost of posters on here wont be happy unless it turns into a end of days, zombie apocalypse.

Theres an awful lot of em that seem genuinely excited by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,476 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Welcome to the coronavirus speculation thread

Ireland be grand. Storm after storm after storm keep us indoors in a month

And then straight into a blazing hot global warming-fueled summer that will kill every one of those pesky corona critters...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Three new UK cases. One in my county!! 23 total.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

fr336 wrote: »
    <br />
    <br />
    Where are you getting this from? Norway thinks it'll be 25% of the population there.

It's a question not statement.

Your 25% statement is disingenuous. You know that is a prediction of a WCS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

You get the impresssion a lost of posters on here wont be happy unless it turns into a end of days, zombie apocalypse.

I get the impression that people want to mind themselves and their families and others with underlying conditions like CF, asthma, pregnancy, cancer patients, etc. I get the impression that they want to minimise the risk of getting infected and minimise spreading of what is still a new and relatively unknown virus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

ZX7R wrote: »
    That was for January ,in the last two weeks they are back to 70%,they believe to back 100% within two weeks.
    I been following this for the last two weeks.

that's good for them but they may not find the same buyer market globally as the world is hurtling toward recession

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

imagine the issues in childcare in this country if a lot of parents and grandparents are bumped off with this virus.

When people realise this they will suddenly be more bothered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

Mwengwe wrote: »
    Your last sentence is arguably no more blunt than anything they said tbf.

i was speaking on that poster's level. eg they saying everything be grand if loads get knocked off but not thinking of any direct consequences which could actually apply to that poster themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Too many people on here and elsewhere want the apocalyptic uncontrollable virus wiping half of us out. They'll be disappointed when this one is over...

I for one will be delighted if it turns out to be a storm in a teacup.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

owlbethere wrote: »
    Donald trump is an absolute boll0cks of the highest order and I wish something very bad would happen to him. I won't type it here. He was on the news spouting his sh1te saying coronavirus is a hoax. Ignorant GOBSH1TE. I wish he would get on with his high wall and drive very fast into it.

fake news, im pretty sure he didn't say coronavirus was a hoax, don't listen to CNN so much :D

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

jeese is that what you say to your parents and grandparents if they're still alive? sorry gramps your time is up, you had a good run but sure life will go on

Thats exactly what i do!! im a bad man!!, how ridiculous are you? im a realist and acknowledge that old and susceptible people will die from this, doesn't mean im going around hoping it happens or anything of the sort.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

tillyfilly wrote: »

That’s going to backfire on him spectacularly if this spreads in the US. His base is the very demographic it hits hardest

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Ever tried to use a touchscreen with a sleeve or gloves? You can't, unless they're special gloves designed for use with touch screens. It's still unhygienic.
    I got a hundred of those handies gloves for a fiver in Tesco. They work fine with the phone screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Cupatae wrote: »
    They die, or recover this is life, its u that has ur head stuck in the sand, do you think banging out statistics and watching trolleys on boards is gonna change it ?

But life will go on and as with everything else thus far this will pass.

Everyone's mother/father? Yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

I think the levels of ignorance and “as long as I’m alright jack, stuff you” around coronavirus are frightening. It kills 2% if we’re to believe the official figures, but it’s not a flat 2%, with immunity compromised and elderly at highest risk and a greater death rate than 2%. Seeing the stuff you attitude that a lot of people have, I’ve no faith that we in Ireland will do anything to protect other people or prevent the spread unless we’re forcibly quarantined. Either way I’m stock piling because I will have to look after myself and those in my family who are chronic asthmatics and at serious risk. Each to their own, but I do think people in high risk groups should prepare as well as they can and ignore the childish and ignorant remarks of others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

1. It first appeared in the only city in China with a BSL-4 laboratory capable of creating biological weapons – Wuhan
    2. The first doctors to report its appearance among the public were arrested and silenced
    3. The Chinese government originally tried to cover up the existence of the disease
    4. It has genetic fingerprints that do not normally occur in nature
    5. The Chinese are attempting to take extreme steps to control it, steps so extreme they have never been taken in human history

There’s more to the story.

BSL-4 labs like these – in the US, Russia, China and Israel – exist for one reason only: to weaponize diseases. They have no other legitimate purpose.

The World Health Organization (WHO) signs off on the creation and operation of most of these labs.

Big Pharma provides the WHO with 50% of its funding.

The sponsor of these labs in the US is the Pentagon and they’re assisted in their work by the CDC.

Dr. Francis Boyle is an international law professor at the University of Illinois and author, among others, of Biowarfare and Terrorism. He’s the man who drafted the U.S. Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989 signed into law by George H. W. Bush.

He says the coronavirus has all the appears appearances of an offensive biological weapon that escaped from the Wuhan BSL-4 laboratory.

• Advertisement

Runaways wrote: »
    That’s going to backfire on him spectacularly if this spreads in the US. His base is the very demographic it hits hardest

Ah, you've made a miraculous recovery to be giving a toss about US politics. :rolleyes:

Maintain a distance of 1 metre from anyone coughing or sneezing to stay corona virus safe , great way to stay safe on a bike in towns = sneeze

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

cnocbui wrote: »
    Ah, you've made a miraculous recovery to be giving a toss about US politics. :rolleyes:

Got some hospital grade painkillers. They’re fantastic :)
    Only 6 left though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

silverharp wrote: »
    fake news, im pretty sure he didn't say coronavirus was a hoax, don't listen to CNN so much :D

1. It first appeared in the only city in China with a BSL-4 laboratory capable of creating biological weapons – Wuhan
    2. The first doctors to report its appearance among the public were arrested and silenced
    3. The Chinese government originally tried to cover up the existence of the disease
    5. The Chinese are attempting to take extreme steps to control it, steps so extreme they have never been taken in human history

BSL-4 labs like these – in the US, Russia, China and Israel – exist for one reason only: to weaponize diseases. They have no other legitimate purpose.

The World Health Organization (WHO) signs off on the creation and operation of most of these labs.

The sponsor of these labs in the US is the Pentagon and they’re assisted in their work by the CDC.

Dr. Francis Boyle is an international law professor at the University of Illinois and author, among others, of Biowarfare and Terrorism. He’s the man who drafted the U.S. Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989 signed into law by George H. W. Bush.

He says the coronavirus has all the appears appearances of an offensive biological weapon that escaped from the Wuhan BSL-4 laboratory.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

Thats exactly what i do!! im a bad man!!, how ridiculous are you? im a realist and acknowledge that old and susceptible people will die from this, doesn't mean im going around hoping it happens or anything of the sort.

yes but these would be unnecessary deaths if proper precautions and measures are put in place to avoid the spread in the first place.

there's a difference from dying from old age or dying from negligence because a government/health authority/regular joe doesn't make extra effort to stop its spread.

Titclamp wrote: »

Meh, that's nothing, you want over the top conspiracy mongering - https://phiquyenchinh.org/2020/02/20/hiv-laced-covid-19-targets-human-testicles-its-tb-strand-blocks-the-immune-system/

:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Heres facts for ya,

Most cases are Mild (more than 80%)

Most people recover

Hows that?

Wait and see, we are all doomed according to some here.
    Doomed, I tell you.
    And if this doesn't get us the real non fancy named flu will, or we will recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

This link downloads a pdf of a paper on the potential outcomes, mainly economic, of an influenza epidemic on the UK: https://t.co/0ZR0wBz7io?amp=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

tillyfilly wrote: »

One good thing about this virus is that it is showing up Trump for the absolute space cadet he is.

Also Liverpool may not win the title 2nd good thing.

Other than that dooom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

This thread has become extremely busy over the course of the past week. This has becoming a fast moving situation, and information is harder to come by and decipher with so many new countries being affected.
    Just to reflect from week to week, this time last week we were coming to terms with the explosion of cases in Italy, and now this weekend we have France, Germany and UK all reporting increases.
    After listening to various experts during the week on Primetime, RTE Radio 1, Newstalk, etc., I have come to the sad realisation that the Irish government's response is utterly inadequate. This will not be a political matter if the virus takes hold here, it will be chaos. A few questions I have for any members of government or the HSE that read this thread are:
    1. Have our medical personnel in hospital's been supplied with enough Hazmat suits to protect themselves and the general public from a mass outbreak - I'm not talking about a few people in the isolation areas, but across the hopsital?
    2. Some of the information given by our medical experts on various media channels across the state seems inaccurate and out of date. Have they not been given relevant up to date data from ECDC? Have they no other way of gathering data from other countries?
    3. Why are all the officials we see on the news referring to the ECDC and WHO continuously? This doesn't contain the virus, these organisations just issue recommendations. Where is the Irish response and appropriate measures in relation to this?? They keep referring to lots of 'preparation' over the last few weeks, what is it? Do they have a plan of action as to where hundreds of sick people might go if there's a mass outbreak, and why are we not being given any information as to what it is?
    So many questions, so few answers. I understand the need to avoid panic, but some amount of realism, action and appropriate measures need to be taken. The head of ISME on Newstalk's segment re the virus was so inaccurate it's astounding as he was brought on as a guest to discuss its potential impact...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement