Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Titclamp wrote: »
    1. It first appeared in the only city in China with a BSL-4 laboratory capable of creating biological weapons – Wuhan
    Blah
    Blah

Posting it twice doesn't make a conspiracy real

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

bb12 wrote: »
    yes but these would be unnecessary deaths if proper precautions and measures are put in place to avoid the spread in the first place.

there's a difference from dying from old age or dying from negligence because a government/health authority/regular joe doesn't make extra effort to stop its spread.

Trouble with that is had our government put in loads of restrictions and compulsory stay at home orders etc you’d have the very same people bemoaning those worried about this, complaining about the restrictions.
    That’s just ridiculous but that’s people for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

4. It has genetic fingerprints that do not normally occur in nature

that was disproven, if it was Indian researcher one, others looked at the same data and said this lad misinterpreted what he was looking at

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

fr336 wrote: »
    Three new UK cases. One in my county!! 23 total.

Only 66,439,927 left to get through.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

cnocbui wrote: »
    The 'lad' is an epidemiologist https://sph.hku.hk/en/about-us/faculty-and-staff/academic-staff/leung,-gabriel-m

I'm sure snow garden will provide a link to their CV so we can see why they think their opinion is superior.

I bow to your expertise. In that case you should tell more people that some lad said 45,000,000 people will die from the new coronavirus and that you absolutely believe him. Have you told your family yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

joe_99 wrote: »
    It's a question not statement.

Your 25% statement is disingenuous. You know that is a prediction of a WCS

I didn't know that actually but am glad to be corrected. I think we can agree to disagree.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

spurious wrote: »
    Wait and see, we are all doomed according to some here.
    Doomed, I tell you.
    And if this doesn't get us the real non fancy named flu will, or we will recover.

get the rosary beads at the ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

1. It first appeared in the only city in China with a BSL-4 laboratory capable of creating biological weapons – Wuhan
    2. The first doctors to report its appearance among the public were arrested and silenced
    3. The Chinese government originally tried to cover up the existence of the disease
    5. The Chinese are attempting to take extreme steps to control it, steps so extreme they have never been taken in human history

There’s more to the story.

BSL-4 labs like these – in the US, Russia, China and Israel – exist for one reason only: to weaponize diseases. They have no other legitimate purpose.

The World Health Organization (WHO) signs off on the creation and operation of most of these labs.

Big Pharma provides the WHO with 50% of its funding.

The sponsor of these labs in the US is the Pentagon and they’re assisted in their work by the CDC.

Dr. Francis Boyle is an international law professor at the University of Illinois and author, among others, of Biowarfare and Terrorism. He’s the man who drafted the U.S. Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989 signed into law by George H. W. Bush.

He says the coronavirus has all the appears appearances of an offensive biological weapon that escaped from the Wuhan BSL-4 laboratory.

A biological weapon which kills the elderly and people with existing health problems...

Yeaa right !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

A biological weapon which kills the elderly and people with existing health problems...

Yeaa right !

What has it done to the stock market?

Nothing

2. The first doctors to report its appearance among the public were arrested and silenced
    3. The Chinese government originally tried to cover up the existence of the disease
    5. The Chinese are attempting to take extreme steps to control it, steps so extreme they have never been taken in human history

BSL-4 labs like these – in the US, Russia, China and Israel – exist for one reason only: to weaponize diseases. They have no other legitimate purpose.

The World Health Organization (WHO) signs off on the creation and operation of most of these labs.

The sponsor of these labs in the US is the Pentagon and they’re assisted in their work by the CDC.

Dr. Francis Boyle is an international law professor at the University of Illinois and author, among others, of Biowarfare and Terrorism. He’s the man who drafted the U.S. Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989 signed into law by George H. W. Bush.

He says the coronavirus has all the appears appearances of an offensive biological weapon that escaped from the Wuhan BSL-4 laboratory.

Yup just up and grew legs and got out of dodge.

• Advertisement

What has it done to the stock market?

Nothing

Reset it by 2 months. I can see why the USA would sponsor it to destroy their own stocket market..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Yeaa right !

It's a conspiracy to prevent the pension crisis I tells ya !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Personally speaking id wash my hands more to do my bit to stop the spread but Margret down the road read somewhere online that it was the end of days and went out and bought the last 748 bottles of hand sanitiser left in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Only 66,439,927 left to get through.

the IRA were more potent than this virus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Big Ears wrote: »
    It's a conspiracy to prevent the pension crisis I tells ya !

If you lost 6 trillion in a week you be worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Reset it by 2 months. I can see why the USA would sponsor it to destroy their own stocket market..

Clearly this is the Democrat conspiracy Trump was talking about.

No, I don't believe that.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

Where does the bat come into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Mwengwe wrote: »

The fact that it's bat**** crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A report from the local Tesco

Pasta shelves are clearing

They have jacked up the price of tins of Heinz baked beans

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

Cupatae wrote: »
    Personally speaking id wash my hands more to do my bit to stop the spread but Margret down the road read somewhere online that it was the end of days and went out and bought the last 748 bottles of hand sanitiser left in town.

you'll be alright. regular soap and water is a lot more efficient than alchol based sanitiser anyhow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I'm a Pharmacist I haven't been able to keep any in stock for more than a day & I haven't been able to get any for about 1.5 weeks. I've promised the local GP first preference on the next case I get in.

I bought some hand sanitizer about two weeks ago. Apparently I was over-reacting and panicking according to the 3 digit post count experts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Mwengwe wrote: »

He's just a batsy:P

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

The fact that it's bat**** crazy.

Classic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

tillyfilly wrote: »
    the IRA were more potent than this virus

And everyone was so calm when that was going on....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

cnocbui wrote: »

Not that far fetched though when you think about it. It's like HIV and the common cold had a baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Too many people on here and elsewhere want the apocalyptic uncontrollable virus wiping half of us out. They'll be disappointed when this one is over...

New poster low post count stupid post.

The virus does not care about what any of us want or think.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ah, it's good to see that posters appear to be MUCH more relaxed about Covid at the minute, including myself for some reason!

Maybe it's the weekend, maybe it's the weather, maybe it's because news/panic is being dampened down, I dunno.

What do you all think?

Anyway me hands are red raw from the washing of them. But I obey orders sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

This virus though it may not be very deadly is liable to do more heads in than Teresa Mannion

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

tillyfilly wrote: »
    This virus though it may not be very deadly is liable to do more heads in than Teresa Mannion

If the multiple Italian typhoid marys had listened to her the world would be in a much better place:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

People are not incredibly stupid. Arrogant much?

Due to my experience in dealing with the general public everyday I can say with confidence that people in general are a stupid bunch. There are individuals knocking around who are walking miracles. How they haven't died yet is amazing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement