Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The people who panic are bigger dangers than the coronavirus.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,085 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Thank God. I was getting worried. This person will get the best treatment I'd say and all will be looking great at the HSE.

I think patients 1-100 will receive excellent care, among the best care in the world.
    It's patient 101 and higher I worry about...
    Plus all the carriers we haven't tested yet...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    What will happen if some of the Brennans bread bakery workers catch the virus? :eek:

Someone answered yesterday.

A sliced pan-demic

• Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

8Kgi.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,711 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Yeah i wonder if they are linked.

They have stated that they are not linked. He had travelled for the affected area in Italy.

First case, status and protocols will not change. This has been expected,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Cupatae wrote: »
    How? sur the people that work in hospitals would naturally tell there own family and social media... no chance of keeping it under wraps.
    Happy4all wrote: »
    I reckon they are holding back info on known cases in hospitals etc

Well, I was told yesterday that confirmation of cases would be announce yesterday. Looks like the info was right, but they held off for the 9 O'Clock news tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,085 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

saabsaab wrote: »
    Surprised.
    That we didn't have a confirmed case here weeks ago. Flights should have been stopped from affected areas. Maybe they will now?

No, now the narrative will be, it's already here, no point in imposing restrictions. Move swiftly on and pass go. Tag, you're it.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

eeepaulo wrote: »
    I started to develop withdrawal symptoms

I started to feel normal/happy again

• Registered Users Posts: 16,473 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

What is wrong people? Some people on here actually seem to be happy that there is a confirmed case in Ireland. Seriously??

Can you quote a post or posts that is giving you that impression?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,477 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Did you actually read my post?

I said once you GET into the system it's world class.

Getting in is the problem.

So wind your neck in.

To be fair, the experience a family member of mine has had on multiple occasions with the hse is once your in the care is excellent, the problem is getting in, aka the a+e departments aren’t fit for purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

What is wrong people? Some people on here actually seem to be happy that there is a confirmed case in Ireland. Seriously??

GTFO you eejit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

splinter65 wrote: »
    Suggesting that the HSE is world class. If you’d ever spent an hour in A&E in Clonmel Hospital you’d know how utterly ludicrous that statement is.

I have spent MANY, MANY an hour in A+E in CUH and have the exact opposite opinion to you. World class treatment for my father, mother and wife.

A+Es are by their nature busy. Yes there is a trolley/bed issue but the care is second to none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

newsflash - ireland has its first case of COVId

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

You have a superb imagination ever thought of writing a book?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The virus has been here for weeks, confirmation of its existence in our country is kind of alright. At least we are being told.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Changes nothing really. We'll be fine. No need to panic

Time to gice this thread a wide birth for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

Ok feck the bread I’m off for whiskey as many bottles of uisce beatha I can get.... drink it, hand sanitizer, multi purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

I've just ran screaming into a restaurant and shook everyone by the shoulders.

Don't worry, I think they got the message

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Where's runaways...?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Whatever about the bread... not a tissue left with the amount of lunatics over exciting themselves over this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Changes nothing really. We'll be fine. No need to panic

Time to gice this thread a wide birth for a while

Ask the Mods first though, they will decide, not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

tom1ie wrote: »
    To be fair, the experience a family member of mine has had on multiple occasions with the hse is once your in the care is excellent, the problem is getting in, aka the a+e departments aren’t fit for purpose.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭new2tri19

Don't have time to read the whole thread but does anyone know why the secrecy ? Why can they not just say what flight the person was on , what hospital they are in , where they work etc ? No need to give names but it would help people decide if they are at risk . I feel like we are been treated like children in all this with the withholding of information.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭d51984

****ing joke were still accepting flights from Italy anyway.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,698 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

tillyfilly wrote: »
    newsflash - ireland has its first case of COVId

I think you mean the 26 counties has its first case, Ireland already had one.

You have to wonder what was going on in Italy, as it really spread there .

Unfortunately, the same could happen here or anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

eeepaulo wrote: »
    Someone answered yesterday.

A sliced pan-demic

you're welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

My auld pair care more bout Winning Streak than this!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

new2tri19 wrote: »
    Don't have time to read the whole thread but does anyone know why the secrecy ? Why can they not just say what flight the person was on , what hospital they are in , where they work etc ? No need to give names but it would help people decide if they are at risk . I feel like we are been treated like children in all this with the withholding of information.

If you were on the plane expect a call

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,477 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

d51984 wrote: »
    ****ing joke were still accepting flights from Italy anyway.

Doesn’t matter c19 is pretty much everywhere now anyway. Unless you live in Antarctica or North Korea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement