Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

odyssey06 wrote: »
    How do you know you have the virus?

Self isolation is recommended for people returning from an affected area, or a close contact, even if no symptoms. That's what the NHS recommends. Only a matter of time before the HSE copies and pastes.

That is not correct. People are only being told to self isolate if they have reason to believe they might have contracted the virus and / or are displaying any flu like symptoms having been in an affected region.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Vegan recipes for coping with the Coronavirus.

10 things to do in quarantine is in the pull out supplement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I thought we got rid of him

He hasn't gone away you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ok deleted it you can do the same.

Ahh ffs where were you all week, you probably still haven't heard of smutling either then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I had a severe dose of the coronavirus today. Had 10 bottles last night and wasn’t fully recovered till about 6pm today. Horrid taste of lemons in me today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Ahh ffs where were you all week, you probably still haven't heard of smutling either then.

It was a fresh post on another site sorry.

I seen the video I did not see that text thing sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

I like a gag/meme as much as anyone else but seriously, is there nobody worried about this? ...

About yourself? A parent? A grandparent?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭LastFridayNight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

I had a severe dose of the coronavirus today. Had 10 bottles last night and wasn’t fully recovered till about 6pm today. Horrid taste of lemons in me today.
    Funnily enough the lad that looks after the drink isle in my local Tesco said no one buying Corona this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Ninthlife wrote: »

Number 5 will give you the sweats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It was a fresh post on another site sorry.

I seen the video I did not see that text thing sorry.

No worries I fell for the Garda in Finglas, check out the second half of my post though:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Heard speculation from a person usually in the know that the death rate in China is in excess of half a million.

I just PM'd you that

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

So they wont say what mode of transport the infected person took ...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Heard speculation from a person usually in the know that the death rate in China is in excess of half a million.
    Suuuuuure.
    So a mate of yours saw it on Twitter or some other forum site lol

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

STB. wrote: »
    Thanks for the thread title change. I was going to ask what Part III would be called.

Everybody lie down on the floor and keep calm
    I'm going to start it now and close it until later on - I'm going to have limited access tomorrow and suspect we'll break the 10k threshhold if I don't get it up and running (with all the mod warnings in the OP)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Death rate??

• Registered Users Posts: 30,078 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Strazdas wrote: »
    That is not correct. People are only being told to self isolate if they have reason to believe they might have contracted the virus and / or are displaying any flu like symptoms having been in an affected region.

This is what the NHS says if you're been to one of the affected areas in northern Italy:
    For 14 days you should:
    1. stay at home
    2. not go to work, school or public areas
    3. not use public transport or taxis
    4. ask friends, family members or delivery services to carry out errands for you
    5. try to avoid visitors to your home - it’s OK for friends, family or delivery drivers to drop off food

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Lucky for us so many voted for Sinn Fein. Expecting to hear Mary Lou offering to have Coronavirus taken to a bog somewhere and having it shot in the back of the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Live stream from kings county Washington. Very informative, looks like a nurse got it who worked in a nursing home. Another patient now in the nursing home .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

sure...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ninthlife wrote: »
    No doubt lovindublin will post something too.
    "Everyone is talking about coronavirus and we are losing our minds!"
    "Top 10 places to get good vegan food for the up coming apocalypse"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

case in the east of Ireland on rte

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

odyssey06 wrote: »
    This is what the NHS says if you're been to one of the affected areas in northern Italy:
    For 14 days you should:
    1. stay at home
    2. not go to work, school or public areas
    3. not use public transport or taxis
    4. ask friends, family members or delivery services to carry out errands for you
    5. try to avoid visitors to your home - it’s OK for friends, family or delivery drivers to drop off food

Oh right, that's the NHS then. The HSE don't seem to have issued any such advice.....they merely say anyone who suspects they might have contracted the virus should immediately self isolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

gally74 wrote: »
    Live stream from kings county Washington. Very informative, looks like a nurse got it who worked in a nursing home. Another patient now in the nursing home .

https://youtu.be/0UGWYXhH9M8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Irish lads meeting up next week be like.....

https://twitter.com/StevenRayAround/status/1233552729387261953

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Hardly, If that were the case, it would be an absolute catastrophe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

twirlagig wrote: »
    I like a gag/meme as much as anyone else but seriously, is there nobody worried about this? ...

About yourself? A parent? A grandparent?
    Yes, would be very concerned about anyone elderly within the family coming in contact with this,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

If they think being opaque is the way to go they've got another thing coming

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Nash Bridges

gabeeg wrote: »
    Rumour has it that it was the Clayton hotel after all. Media blackout

Sorry, haven't read the whole thread, is this Clayton hotel rumour for the NI case yesterday or today's case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

And we landed on the moon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement