Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

rob316 wrote: »

End of the day it's only another flu virus, your average healthy person will recover fully.

It has mutated into influenza? WTF :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Is it weird I'm very relaxed now I know its here?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PhantomHat

I lived through the swine flu outbreak 10 years ago. That infected 20% of the global population. The same hysteria didn't go with it like this and it's easy to see why, we have become absolutely addicted to the media pumping fear into us. This, storm warnings about a bit of wind.

End of the day it's only another flu virus, your average healthy person will recover fully.

Shure it's all grand then. What a about all the people with conditions and are elderly?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Louise O Reilly needs to make a statement right now. She is the next Min for Health under SF if they can form a Government.

Bet they are exhaling slowly now with relief that the cannot.

Sorry for derailing, back to the Covid19. Are we safe?

No just no, we need a healthy minister for health, no more roly polys or lads that look live they've just been dug up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

antodeco wrote: »
    And they're not going to give information as to where it was. Seriously, they need to just come out and say where it is, where they were and get people who may come in contact to self isolate. Theres a choice of voluntarily locking down places as oppose to having to do it because it's gotten out of hand

Plus they still seem to be insisting that it is off low risk transmission risk, where are they getting this info from, do they they not realise the disease is spreading because of transmission.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Coppers is ground zero

Patient Zero was there....

But where to start looking....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,079 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I lived through the swine flu outbreak 10 years ago. That infected 20% of the global population. The same hysteria didn't go with it like this and it's easy to see why, we have become absolutely addicted to the media pumping fear into us. This, storm warnings about a bit of wind.

First off it's not a flu virus. If you are saying that I don't know where you are getting your information from but it's completely wrong.

Did any country react to swine flu the way China reacted to the breakout in Wuhan?
    Do you think China reacted in that way because of a media hysteria?
    Why, therefore do you think the higher level of global reaction to this virus is because of media hysteria?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

so do we know anything about Patient 0.... hospital, date of arrival ... boa bla bla

*** sorry if I missed the info somewhere in thread; just home from Dinner in Dublin.... monkey covers eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Dept of Health Press Briefing going on now, might give out more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

tillyfilly wrote: »
    tired? Have you got nausea? Pains in joints?

Nah,just tired of eejits spouting ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Might be something to do with the 20× plus death rate that Covid-19 has vs Swine Flu...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,270 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Where is it? Any details

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

dan786 wrote: »

Is that live somewhere?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Boozybooze

Think i'll go now and get the couple of slabs of beer and pasta and tinned foods in case the country shuts down for two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If it's anything like the last few we'll be playing cluedo again

• Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I think most people know it's here and are oblivious to the hype.

They want to know what might happen if they contract it. But how would they know really.

Think it depends on your political/medical contacts right now TBH. Sorry if I am wrong about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭briany

PhantomHat wrote: »
    Shure it's all grand then. What a about all the people with conditions and are elderly?

Yes, this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

tillyfilly wrote: »
    newsflash - ireland has its first case of COVId

Yeah we know, for the fourteenth time. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

laurah591 wrote: »
    Is that live somewhere?

Not sure. RTE posted about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Nah,just tired of eejits spouting ****e

give over and log off then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,477 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Right, so it’s here. Let’s deal with it.
    What are other governments responses to it?
    Japan, all schools closed till end of March.
    Italy schools closed until end of next week at the earliest.
    Uk, emergency legislation to be brought in to deal with c19.

What will the Irish government do? In fact my understanding is our outgoing government IS our government at the moment, which makes Leo’s silence unbelievable on this really.
    What measures will they bring in, cause there’s no way this won’t spread, its spread in every other country in the world, bar north Korea “ahem.”

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

HSE trying to convince people that they have been preparing for months :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Not sure. RTE posted about it.

RTE have an account here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Shaking hands during peace be with you at mass - BANNED - SIMON HARRIS
    tom1ie wrote: »

What will the Irish government do? In fact my understanding is our outgoing government IS our government at the moment, which makes Leo’s silence unbelievable on this really.
    What measures will they bring in, cause there’s no way this won’t spread, its spread in every other country in the world, bar north Korea “ahem.”

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Really sick of this. That almost all fit and healthy people will recover was never really in doubt. The doubts are for those with manageable illness who would never have otherwise died in a flu season, or frankly anyone over 50. The more you age after that, the more at risk you are. So yeah I'm guessing you're in your 20s or 30s. Nothing to see here. P.S. 21 year old athlete died yesterday.

BanditLuke wrote: »
    RTE have an account here?

I meant they posted on their site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Given this news, I'll have to see if I can dig out my old Altern8 costume...

GSSSVXRZYNEB7PDF3CS7LVIENU.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

We will do the exact same things but not until there is a high number of cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,079 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Switzerland banned all public gatherings with more than 1000 people.
    France has banned all events with more than 5000 people in 'confined' spaces.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Mater hospital isn't it? There were rumours about a case there two days ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement