Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

sdanseo wrote: »
    In 2 or 3 weeks time we could well be told that a similar proportion of our population (around 8% of Italy's) is affected in the same way.
    That'd be maybe 80 cases and 2 deaths.

Again context. 4 people died in car crashes in the last 72 hours.
    By the same rates as my quoted post, in those same 72 hours 174 people also died of other diseases.

Known risks we are all aware of that we must accept.

We have airbags in our cars we wear seatbelts.

Many older people put a little prayer card in their car.

What is point are you trying to make again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Great attitude.

Why not stay off work Monday and do everybody there a favour.

The overlords won’t tell us to not come into office till this has become a major medical situation.
    Until then it’s use up your 23 days annual leave or else come into office where people are so run and selfish they just sneeze, snort, snuffle and cough away to themselves all day with no consideration to others nearby.
    And even in most corporations you cannot take annual leave on short notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

theballz wrote: »
    They are not telling us everything.

who?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    If you catch it... I take it you have not caught it yet so why think like you have it?

I can't avoid people so there's a possibility of catching it. You can do all the hand washing but it takes a second to forget and touch a contaminated surface and bring it to your face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,594 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Who are they?
    And what exactly do you think they are hiding?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

thebaz wrote: »
    best post here - context is right - but, panic sells newspapers

Right, but if anything I find the context kind of grim. A lot of people die from cancer. Now, worst case scenario, we have another cancer (in numbers that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

First case in the republic. Out east!!

It's here

Not a drill

Thanks for letting us know. Nobody else had posted about this yet.

The overlords won’t tell us to not come into office till this has become a major medical situation.
    Until then it’s use up your 23 days annual leave or else come into office where people are so run and selfish they just sneeze, snort, snuffle and cough away to themselves all day with no consideration to others nearby.
    And even in most corporations you cannot take annual leave on short notice.

overlords? really?? your employer is lucky to have you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Chances of the FE1(solicitor) exams being postponed? Thousands of law graduates flocking from all over the country to the Red Cow hotel from next Friday - 16th of March?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

The man in the east of the country with covid 19 is in my prayers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,355 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

My understanding is that it takes a few days at least to be contagious, it follows a similar pattern to other viral infections. i dont see for instance how say two hours after you got infected how your body would produce enough viral load to infect another person.

Yeah that’s fair enough. I should have probably said you have the remote possibility of being contagious after hour 1.
    Do we have info on when someone has become contagious, when is the tipping point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

who?

George Soros, FIFA and the Swiss bobsleigh team from Cool Runnings - a collection of monumentally shady characters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

gmisk wrote: »
    Who are they?
    And what exactly do you think they are hiding?

I cannot say all but it is worse on our island than you think.

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Chances of the FE1(solicitor) exams being postponed? Thousands of law graduates flocking from all over the country to the Red Cow hotel from next Friday - 16th of March?

would be a shame if a load of lawyers got culled...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

tom1ie wrote: »
    Yeah that’s fair enough. I should have probably said you have the remote possibility of being contagious after hour 1.
    Do we have info on when someone has become contagious, when is the tipping point?

Will vary from person to person ergo some people have symptoms after a few days, others take 2 weeks for it to overwhelm their system

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

thebaz wrote: »
    best post here - context is right - but, panic sells newspapers

It's backed up by data from South Korea and the cruise ship as well - which probably have the most thorough tests to date. 0.5% of those infected have died in South Korea, and 0.8% on the cruise ship. Of course, those numbers still make this something that needs to be taken seriously, but they're reassuring compared to the 3%+ fatality rate indicated in some places.

I've taken the info from worldometer. If I've made a balls of any of it someone let me know please.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭solidasarock

So should we use dettol wipes when we have a **** now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Sorry but i'm sick of the ignorance and people throwing around irrelevant numbers.

I'm asking you how do think people in Dublin would feel if they were told there were over 1,000 cases and 29 people dead in a week?

What do you think would happen?

Business as usual here?

Is that what you think!?

Edited my post above just fyi
    No, of course there'd be mass panic. But that doesn't affect the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,355 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I cannot say all but it is worse on our island than you think.

Ah stop. Unless you have sources or at least a good story- feck off.

• Advertisement

Only when YOU do it in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

hot sauce to be sure, it doesn't like heat

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

gabeeg wrote: »
    Now do the hospitalisation rate, hotshot

Ah here, I'm not that brainy!

silverharp wrote: »
    hot sauce to be sure, it doesn't like heat

Applied with a pot scrubber.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Do they ever?

The fact we keep being told to stay calm is the giveaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,640 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

tom1ie wrote: »
    Very good post. You have excluded the epicentre which makes sense, why have you disregarded the Iran death rate?

cause the Iranian figures don't add up - the death rate far exceeds anywher else , ther is conflicting reports from medics and government on the actual number of deaths themselves , I certainly would discount Iranian figures -

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

We haven't even hit the natural peak (I mean we only started to confirm a case) and people are calculating/estimating numbers of the death rate here.. it's going to be different for each country due to all the different healthcare systems and the resources available

sdanseo wrote: »
    Ah here, I'm not that brainy!

You said it.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I can't avoid people so there's a possibility of catching it. You can do all the hand washing but it takes a second to forget and touch a contaminated surface and bring it to your face.

You are speaking a bit pessimistic there. I cant avoid people either but I won't go around thinking I might get it.

• Advertisement

habanero sauce would be more effective

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement