Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,355 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

thebaz wrote: »
    Irans figures are bananas , that why they should be discounted.

Yes but are they a sign of things to come in less well developed country’s (with regards to health service). Example African country’s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Absolutely.
    Irish government are suppressing information.
    I work as a healthcare worker. I posted on Thursday that there was a confirmed case in the mater hospital. Strange it didn’t get released to the public until 9pm Saturday night.

You might want to be careful they do not trace you and fire you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Snowflakes11

Anything new lads??

I’m glad I’m up in Donegal , might finally have a result for being Ireland’s forgotten county 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

theballz wrote: »
    They are not telling us everything.

Go away

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

tom1ie wrote: »
    Really? Are they not the most up to date figures on that page? So are the most up to date figures available on that site from the 3rd?
    I read it that those figures were updated today?

Presented on this page:

Mortality Rate in China as of Feb. 20 (3.8% nationwide, 5.8% in Wuhan, 0.7% other areas)
    Mortality Rate in China as of Feb. 4 (2.1% nationwide, 4.9% Wuhan, 3.1% Hubei, and 0.16% other provinces) reported by the NHC of China

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

CFlat wrote: »
    The nerve of them to tell us to remain calm.

the infidels!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Absolutely.
    I work as a healthcare worker. I posted on Thursday that there was a confirmed case in the mater hospital. Strange it didn’t get released to the public until 9pm Saturday night.

Where does it say he is in the Mater? Making BS up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Singapore
    99 cases
    72 fully recovered from the infection and have been discharged
    20 confirmed cases are stable
    7 are in critical condition.
    0 deaths.

I suppose this shows what a good health system will do in the early stages of an outbreak. It seems the problems mount when your system gets overwhelmed with people who need oxygen or intensive care and the capacity is not there. This is what I would worry about with Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Cupatae wrote: »
    It ll be interesting to see how our election will work out if it put to a re-election.. talk about ****e timing !

I said this in the thread earlier but I reckon in 2 weeks time we will be hearing FF and FG talk about the national interest and going in with the greens to deal with the coronavirus emergency and economic fallout from it plus mentioning the election promises and Brexit trade talks.

This virus will force FF/fg/greens into government. I no longer see a second election as viable with this outbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,648 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

True. we are also finding out the absolute loons on here. It's great

I think all my points have been perfectly reasonable trying to explain why the concern is not just the virus itself. It's the knock on effects that are the biggest issue particularly for health systems under strain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

There appears to be a cover up, some body is not telling us everything, very strange

Mortality Rate in China as of Feb. 20 (3.8% nationwide, 5.8% in Wuhan, 0.7% other areas)

So a 3.8% mortality rate in China, where we already have suspicions they are suppressing the death toll, and people are still comparing this to flu!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    So am I. We have one case, which is now isolated. Outside that, who is coughing on who ? Stay healthy in self imposed quarantine of that makes it safer for you, and that me being practical. Not much more I can add given we have different views on the risk of infection.

How long has he been carrying the virus before isolation? Passing it onto to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

Cupatae wrote: »
    In there defense i think they ve a fairly tough job, its never gonna be perfect but we came out the otherside of all those mentioned

We came out the other side with a needless vaccine that injured a lot of people, especially with Swine flu.. But the main players made billions so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

fritzelly wrote: »

I think they are the source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

The reason why there is so much discussion and "hype" over this virus is...

1. It's new.
    2. New means we don't have a system in place to cope with it, like we do with the flu, like cancer and all the other diseases or accidents some mad posters like to compare this to for some bizarre reasoning?!
    3. It's far more infectious than the flu.
    4. Death rate is higher than the flu.
    5. Irish aspect is we have no capacity to deal with it. We don't have extra staff or resources, we can't magic them out of thin air.
    6. This means our choices are to not treat some people and risk them dying or....not treat others in a&e...leading to more indirect deaths and life changing incidents for others.
    7. We have the HSE telling people to ring their GPs and GPs having to tell those people to ring the HSE. There is little to no confidence in the HSE to handle this upcoming outbreak.

1-5 ok but what are you basing 6 and 7 on?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,640 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Yes but are they a sign of things to come in less well developed country’s (with regards to health service). Example African country’s?

I would say they have a severe outbreak, and are under-reporting number of cases.

I would have thought an outbreak would have occured in India and Indo , but doesnt seams to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Absolutely.

You're a nutjob.

Scaremongering.

So a 3.8% mortality rate in China, where we already have suspicions they are suppressing the death toll, and people are still comparing this to flu!!
    Perhaps they are suppressing the number of cases. How does that fit in with the agenda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

I said this in the thread earlier but I reckon in 2 weeks time we will be hearing FF and FG talk about the national interest and going in with the greens to deal with the coronavirus emergency and economic fallout from it plus mentioning the election promises and Brexit trade talks.

This virus will force FF/fg/greens into government. I no longer see a second election as viable with this outbreak.

Sf getting 35% in tonight's opinion poll means there will be no election.

• Advertisement

Singapore
    99 cases
    72 fully recovered from the infection and have been discharged
    20 confirmed cases are stable
    7 are in critical condition.
    0 deaths.

I suppose this shows what a good health system will do in the early stages of an outbreak. It seems the problems mount when your system gets overwhelmed with people who need oxygen or intensive care and the capacity is not there. This is what I would worry about with Ireland.

This post is very interesting.
    Singapore is doing well (I wonder where it is on the China timescale though, this all kicked off at the end of November, when did it kick off in Singapore I wonder?) so does our health service compare well to Singapore’s or worse? Do we have the same capacity per capita as Singapore?

Sf getting 35% in tonight's opinion poll means there will be no election.

they must be breathing a sigh of relief!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Perhaps they are suppressing the number of cases. How does that fit in with the agenda?

The agenda could be just to keep the economy going and we do need the economy by the way.

An agenda if there is one does not have to be some evil masterplan.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,815 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so woman case got taxi why wouldn't they say ? they hadn't ID taxi man?
    ER-un6PX0AAokoP?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Absolutely.
    A stopped watch and all that! Prove you are a healthcare worker with access to such information. If not you deserve to be banned for spouting dangerous bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

fritzelly wrote: »

I posted on Thursday there was a case in the mater , read my post history .

Tonight’s announcement has been vague and did not say which facility the person is it at.

You are open to make your own assumptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭CFlat

You're a nutjob.

Scaremongering.

And he's been thanked 5 times so far. Very scary some posters on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Why not release specifics about the case? What hospital are they in? When did they get back from Italy? What condition are they in? What age are they? This would be useful info

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

When this finally dies down and goes away, why don't we all meet up for a drink? Providing some of us are still alive. As I have said before I have a compromised immune system and I have spent the past 2 weeks trying to shake off a stomach bug that is going round.

• Advertisement

I posted on Thursday there was a case in the mater , read my post history .

Tonight’s announcement has been vague and did not say which facility the person is it at.

You are open to make your own assumptions.

The assumption to be made is that you making stuff up?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement