Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭josip

Would you like to travel somewhere for a week and be stuck there six weeks in a lockdown?

That's a very intriguing question if you reword it slightly to:

Where would you like to travel for a week and be stuck for six weeks in a lockdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,392 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

josip wrote: »
    What are you so confident there will be a vaccine in what would be an extremely short timeframe?

SARS and MERS were both well on the way to developing vaccines but the diseases fizzled out do the pharmaceutical companies stopped working on them. If COVID 19 becomes a pandemic then there will be more than enough incentive for researchers to finish those vaccine trials

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Steer55 wrote: »
    I read somewhere the situation in Iran is dire, a more virulent strain of the virus maybe..

Oh FFS and I am on the side that says we need to take this thing very serious.

I read somewhere that the Queen of England is a lizard.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Why have China gone on a war footing to contain their outbreak while we are being told to accept it will be everywhere else like the flu? It peaked in China too apparently. So China have been turned it around from the worst possible starting position but we should let it run its course. Seems to be the narrative

Yes well I think everyone recognises that most countries do not maintain authoritarian regimes and so they cannot implement the measures China did

• Registered Users Posts: 32,580 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Wow....that just screams reliable source to me....Jesus Christ...why do people spread nonsense like this, it's embarrassing and incredibly unhelpful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

People of the lowest IQ are the ones saying it will be all grand.

No point in debating with people who say it is just like flu.

Also the numbers coming out of China are pure and utter lies.

What are the real numbers?

Time with tell.

Any links to give a real estimated number?

Oh FFS and I am on the side that says we need to take this thing very serious.

I read somewhere that the Queen of England is a lizard.:rolleyes:

Have you ever seen the queen and that lizard in the same place??? Well have you???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

gmisk wrote: »
    Wow....that just screams reliable source to me....Jesus Christ...why do people spread nonsense like this, it's embarrassing and incredibly unhelpful

https://www.nairaland.com/5704819/re-prevention-against-covid-19

Get over yourself professor dolittle

tillyfilly wrote: »
    Jesus Christ....come on...a reliable source?
    It's a bloody web forum lol
    It also has a link to another thread, claiming a cure has been found to coronavirus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

You are on a web forum dissing web forums , hypocrisy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Caveat. I don't work in primary care but if you were having trouble breathing. I'd be ringing an ambulance. **** the quarantine.

Call the fire brigade, they have hazmat suits

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

bilston wrote: »
    I saw that video 2, maybe 3 weeks ago, albeit without the commentary. I'm not convinced about its authenticity to be honest.

It's definitely creepy though.

Like something straight outta I am legend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Akrasia wrote: »
    SARS and MERS were both well on the way to developing vaccines but the diseases fizzled out do the pharmaceutical companies stopped working on them. If COVID 19 becomes a pandemic then there will be more than enough incentive for researchers to finish those vaccine trials

Would governments pay for that? Or if it got to a worst case scenario, and people were literally dying in millions, would pharmaceutical companies charge individual people for the vaccine?

I.e a whoever can afford to live scenario.
    I know they’re rotten but could they do that or does the WHO have any power over them

I am dissing your nonsense info dump and where it was sourced...you claimed it came from a reputable source (it doesn't).
    You claimed it came from a front line doctor in Japan (it doesn't).

I wouldn't cite a thread from a web forum as a reliable source...that is not hypocrisy lol

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Candamir

Look, maybe you posted it in good faith, but it is rubbish, and rubbish in this scenario is not helpful. Perhaps in the future if people don’t understand the link that they’re posting, they might not post it, or post with the caveat ‘ I don’t fully understand this but...’ - not ‘this is from a reliable source’!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭turbbo

It also has a link to another thread, claiming a cure has been found to coronavirus.

https://cnnphilippines.com/news/2020/1/27/How-to-protect-yourself-from-coronavirus-tips.html?fbclid=IwAR32hfRWuMkupE2SAeBKO0jatluLWzNciB4d_EAZ0_SEDKHaR_vCue0Hl-8

Look nobody can give numbers because nobody knows.

But yes it is very possible.

Would you like to travel somewhere for a week and be stuck there six weeks in a lockdown?

Most European cross border traffic happens by road not air. What is the benefit in blocking air travel between two already infected counties? Some island nations might lock their borders but the economy will collapse faster than COVID 19 gets cured....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Akrasia wrote: »
    Most European cross border traffic happens by road not air. What is the benefit in blocking air travel between two already infected counties? Some island nations might lock their borders but the economy will collapse faster than COVID 19 gets cured....

This

WHO have said virus has peaked in China. If this is true, it's great news and a hammerblow to the doom mongers in this thread:)

If the Chinese are to be believe then quarantine/isolation works. Great news.
    So stock up and sit it out would be a great thing to do.

Anyone else feel like Europe isnt even trying to contain this? Flights, trains, buses still going in and out of infected countries etc. Ireland is an island and has a huge advantage. We should use it.

• Advertisement

That isn't the information that the poster put up here ...what is your point?

I know but it’s close to be fair. CNN didn’t a certain orange turd say they were fake news?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Everything posted here should be taken with a pinch of salt. None of the posters have verified rep status and none of the comments are in any way "official". The OP hopefully sets out in more detail some of the caveats applicable here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Hiv/aids Curable With Herbs? A Must Read.. - Health - Nairaland

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Is it possible to get a voluntary ban from this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Candamir

turbbo wrote: »
    I know but it’s close to be fair. CNN didn’t a certain orange turd say they were fake news?

It’s nowhere near close to the other link.

Candamir wrote: »
    It’s nowhere near close to the other link.

If you say so I’m guessing drinking water and drinking water are 2 completely different things - yeah I missed that.

Hiv/aids Curable With Herbs? A Must Read.. - Health - Nairaland
    Entirely reliable!
    Just like this gem on the same site.

If u know ulche is ur problem or u know somebody dat has ulche, just indicate and i will upload the leaf, just go get the leaf nd chew it nd swallor the water no matter how chronic d ulche is, two days it will disapear, i dont knw d english name of the tree but those who stay close to bushy area migth know it.

Shut up and take my money my ulches are acting up!!!

josip wrote: »
    That's a very intriguing question if you reword it slightly to:

Where would you like to travel for a week and be stuck for six weeks in a lockdown?

Don't think you will be drinking beer and eating rich food while laying around the pool.

Think Red Cross ration packs nothing to do upset children and you're life on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,440 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Sean 18 wrote: »
    All these people saying it's like flu no it is not there's a vaccibt for the flu theirs a lot on Ireland on dialysis and receiving cancer treatment at least their somewhat protected from the flu with the vaccine there's no protection against this

Chemo knocks out your immune system and any previous immunity you built up so how do you think the flu vaccine works on people getting cancer treatment .

• Advertisement

Titclamp wrote: »
    Any links to give a real estimated number?

We have a lying Chinese Government and the HSE are as useful as a chocolate teapot so no real numbers are elusive.

That is why I said time will tell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement