Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,348 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Joe Duffy Liveline is on.

Please observe a moratorium on posting until the show is over!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭shalclon

Sorry if this is stupid question but I'm curious to know if like the flu virus it's more easily spread in cold and damp weather and If weather picked up in next few weeks would spread slow down or are they totally unrelated?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,348 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

VinLieger wrote: »
    Liveline is fantastic grabage today, would reccomend everyone tune in

Ah jaysus it’s hilarious!!
    Patrick Patrick Patrick here joe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

We’re reaching peak Liveline on Radio One at the moment. Poor oul Joe just sounds depressed with the mad oul ones shouting at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

We’re reaching peak Liveline on Radio One at the moment. Poor oul Joe just sounds depressed with the mad oul ones shouting at him.

That aul granny is not an expert no sh*t.:D

Jesus RTE.

• Advertisement

The experts are stock-pilling masks to sell them for 3.50 a piece!

OR the Chinese are buying the masks and sending them to.....CHINA!

And then the masks are only good for 15 minutes OR half a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,328 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

shalclon wrote: »
    Sorry if this is stupid question but I'm curious to know if like the flu virus it's more easily spread in cold and damp weather and If weather picked up in next few weeks would spread slow down or are they totally unrelated?

That seems to be the conventional wisdom, not sure how scientifically based it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

If the situation wasn't so serious, it could pass for a comedy sketch! Pure parody at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Meanwhile on Liveline

Honestly if this virus culls the retired Liveline calling pool, would it be that bad?

• Advertisement

It’s alright everyone, Robbie on livelines says this thing will be over by September. We are grand. :D

Honestly if this virus culls the retired Liveline calling pool, would it be that bad?

:D:D:D:D:D

My daughter is cabin crew well excuse me. toff.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,348 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

shalclon wrote: »

Not something to be relied upon.

I think the only difference in the short term is if weather settles down a bit and more people walk \ cycle to work rather than take the bus.

I think strong direct sunlight kills the virus off if it's outside, but we won't have that here for months.
    Often it's the school summer holidays that bring breakouts to an end, not actuall the sun.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

My daughter is cabin crew well excuse me. toff.:P

Wrong thread :D back to de lavh lahn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

edit - was meant for liveline thread ,.,.

Robbies going to have a heart attack on air!!

We need to get someone on to Joe now to tell him it’s all an EU conspiracy.

Meanwhile, don’t take butter, take butter!

“I’m not panicking”, screams the man who has spent the last hour panicking. But “I’ve nothing against the Italians!”

And now there's an oul one calling poor Joe Gay.

pc7 wrote: »
    Wrong thread :D back to de lavh lahn

Ahh see robbie your panicking.

Jesus lets be thankful these people are too stupid to invade the online world.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Jesus lets be thankful these people are too stupid to invade the online world.

I think a few have found boards over the years :D

• Advertisement

Ah ffs robbies a legend! Joe joe JOE ffs go ahead Robbie!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Can we keep thread on track please not about the Joe Duffy show.

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Can we keep thread on track please not about the Joe Duffy show.
    Just cause your not near a radio!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭solidasarock

Why needs the HSE and the Dept of health to take lead when we have the Joe Duffy show?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Simon Harris: Coronavirus screenings at Irish ports 'not likely'
    When asked if screenings for the virus would be implemented at Irish airports Harris said: "No is the short answer"...

"Screening doesn't work. One of the reasons it doesn't work is that you could have this condition for up to 14 days and not show symptoms. So we need to have a proportionate response."

So we have Harris unilatetly declaring it doesn't work. ...

Well better tell that to China

'China quarantined 94 air passengers arriving in Nanjing from Seoul after three people, all Chinese, on the flight were discovered to have fevers yesterday'

So the logic in Ireland is just because some cases may not be detectable - we shouldn't bother our arses even trying. Well done Mr Harris!

Why needs the HSE and the Dept of health to take lead when we have the Joe Duffy show?

Joe just said the HSE are the experts we should listen to them.

Won't mention the overpaid regime shill again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

pc7 wrote: »

Same Jon Hopkins who did a virtual pandemic last October with corona virus?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Is there anyway Boards can get a 'White Knight' filter so I don't have to read the sanctimonious posts in response to the imaginary Lidl OAP?

Brief look at your post history and You’re across hundreds of threads being a professional contrarian by the looks. Where do you find the time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

tom1ie wrote: »
    Just cause your not near a radio!:D

I am actually but iv'e lyric on like usual.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement