Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

pc7 wrote: »

Good find. A lot of usual information sources out there thankfully we aren't relying on the Irish media.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,328 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

My thinking on Iran is if someone as high up the pyramid as the deputy health minister has the virus, there must be thousands undetected...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Titclamp wrote: »
    Same Jon Hopkins who did a virtual pandemic last October with corona virus?

Helen Branswell twitter account

My thinking on Iran is if someone as high up the pyramid as the deputy health minister has the virus, there must be thousands undetected...

Possibly or he visited one of the infected in the hospital for a photo op or PR and caught it.

I'm guessing we'll have a clearer picture of numbers soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I dunno, but I get a feeling some of you posting in here are a little bit angsty

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29be07cf62b9855a2fe67deabee39874786f6965ab&rid=giphy.gif

It's really nice actually!!

IRFU money grabers have been put in their place and have to cancel the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Just after the Joe Duffy text poll as well. Coincidence? I think not!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,247 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

BanditLuke wrote: »
    IRFU money grabers have been put in their place and have to cancel the game.

Still doesn't stop Italians coming over that have paid for flights and hotels. If they want to come over they will

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Honestly it makes zero sense. What about the hundreds/thousands of Italians arriving last week? And this week? And the following etc for non sport visits?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

It's okay to laugh at the people who ring into Joe, but there are clearly a lot of frightened people out there at the moment. Who else are they going to speak to? Especially if they are in a vulnerable group?

If Harris said this morning, **** it, were checking everyone coming into the country, questioning where they've been... he might have put some minds at ease.

But this **** of, nah we will wait for Symptoms to show up? There are people dying around the world with pre-existing conditions before they even reach a hospital. Of course, they have a right to be scared.

Still doesn't stop Italians coming over that have paid for flights and hotels. If they want to come over they will

I'm guessing the majority won't anyway it will stop them gathering in one spot which is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Number of cases outside of China has just surpassed the number within China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

IRFU Statement Following Meeting With Minister:
    The IRFU had a positive meeting with Minister Harris and his advisors today, where we requested a formal instruction as to the staging of the Ireland v Italy international matches over the weekend of 6/8 March.

At the outset we made it clear that the IRFU was supportive of the Governments’ need to protect public health in relation to the Coronavirus.

We were then advised, formally, that The National Public Health Emergency team has determined that the series of matches should not proceed, in the interests of Public Health.

The IRFU is happy to comply with this instruction.

We will immediately begin to work with our Six Nations partners to look at the possibility of rescheduling the matches and would hope to have an update on this in the coming days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Helen Branswell twitter account

Not what I asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,981 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

I don't get the point of people posting hearsay. Sure it could be correct but how many people have posted here and tweeted that it's in (insert hospital name) and none of it has been confirmed.

Sure anyone with a temperature and cough can have "suspected coronavirus" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Thats not true

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Boggles wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused:

Presuming he meant new daily cases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Thats probably 1 benefit of having a totalitarian regime.

Hard to know if to believe that or not but if true if just shows the length we are going to have to go to to stop this virus.

Personally i think it's highly unlikely those figures are accurate.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Titclamp wrote: »
    Not what I asked.

ok, lost in text, I've no idea what John Hopkins did or didn't do, Helen's account is very informative, it was her latest tweet so I thought I'd share on thread for those interested.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    It's okay to laugh at the people who ring into Joe, but there are clearly a lot of frightened people out there at the moment. Who else are they going to speak to? Especially if they are in a vulnerable group?

If Harris said this morning, **** it, were checking everyone coming into the country, questioning where they've been... he might have put some minds at ease.

But this **** of, nah we will wait for Symptoms to show up? There are people dying around the world with pre-existing conditions before they even reach a hospital. Of course, they have a right to be scared.

People are only having a laugh but lets be honest you can feel you're IQ being sucked out just listening to that show.

As for putting minds at rest blame those running things.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

It's really nice actually!!

I breathe way faster than that

Hard to know if to believe that or not but if true if just shows the length we are going to have to go to to stop this virus.

Personally i think it's highly unlikely those figures are accurate.

Going by official figures.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

DrumSteve wrote: »

The Samaritans?

You know there are several options there other than 'let's put these loopers on the national airwaves'?

• Advertisement

mlem123 wrote: »
    I don't get the point of people posting hearsay. Sure it could be correct but how many people have posted here and tweeted that it's in (insert hospital name) and none of it has been confirmed.

Sure anyone with a temperature and cough can have "suspected coronavirus" :rolleyes:

The guy is a journalist so i'm guessing he's fairly confident. Let's wait and see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement