Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

kilns wrote: »
    Thats not true

Coronavirus Live Updates: Europe Prepares for Pandemic as Illness Spreads From Italy
    Six other European countries have reported cases, and an American soldier in South Korea became the first member of the U.S. armed forces to be infected.

RIGHT NOWThe number of new coronavirus infections outside China tops those inside the country for the first time.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/26/world/asia/coronavirus-news.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Hard to know if to believe that or not but if true if just shows the length we are going to have to go to to stop this virus.

Personally i think it's highly unlikely those figures are accurate.

Never gonna happen. Look at the furor over postponing the Italy game. We can't/wont go to those level of extremes as there is no stick (i.e. authoritarian communist regime) to beat us with.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

The guy is a journalist so i'm guessing he's fairly confident. Let's wait and see.

To be fair, the media are causing most of the hysteria so saying he's a journalist makes me less likely to believe it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭josip

Thats probably 1 benefit of having a totalitarian regime.

Yes, you can publish whatever stats you want and nobody will question you or they'll be off to Xinjiang for re-education with the Uighurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

BREAKING - In the interest of public safety and in ensuring no mass gathering of crowds, the FAI have confirmed that this weekend’s League of Ireland games will go ahead as planned.

robinph wrote: »
    The critical word there is "new".

Yes you're correct.

1024px-SMirC-thumbsup.svg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Sad to see this panic now taking hold within the general public. It's like people where in complete denial at first and now they've realized this isn't some tinfoil hat scenario and is on their doorstep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Gentlemen,

In other countries affected has public transport been curtailed?

Wondering what we can expect here, I'm dependent on public transport for work

givyjoe wrote: »
    Never gonna happen. Look at the furor over postponing the Italy game. We can't/wont go to those level of extremes as there is no stick (i.e. authoritarian communist regime) to beat us with.

Oh believe me i know which is why iv'e been worried for 5 weeks now.

• Advertisement

Sad to see this panic now taking hold within the general public. It's like people where in complete denial at first and now they've realized this isn't some tinfoil hat scenario and is on their doorstep.

The it will be all grand morons are the only ones in a panic to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,064 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Is it fair to say that the Champions League has no hope of continuing this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Is it fair to say that the Champions League has no hope of continuing this season?

would be behind closed doors i'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

We don't have any resources in our hospital's to deal with any sort of outbreak. Its the right decision, probably too late however

Not a hope it will go ahead. Talk of the games tonight being called off but it might be too late for that. As a Liverpool fan i'm literally ****ting it that the premier league will be cancelled also. Be just our luck :(

Not at all.

Not at all as is no hope of it continuing, or not at all it will continue regardless

Not at all as is no hope of it continuing, or not at all it will continue regardless

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

josip wrote: »
    Yes, you can publish whatever stats you want and nobody will question you or they'll be off to Xinjiang for re-education with the Uighurs.

WHO are in China confirming stats also.

Im talking about declare martial law.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,711 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Don't panic folks. The CCP has beaten the virus and have proved their strength to the Chinese people and the world.

I predict 0 cases by this time next week on current trends.

All is well.

Crisis averted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Wouid they potentially finish all games behind closed doors?

That aside, will all players and staff want to remain working in close environment with each other if everywhere else is on lockdown?

Even if you stripped it down to the bare minimum most professional teams would prob have a full bus (50-70?) full of people. Are they going to want to fly or take trains across a virus Europe? Will clubs want to put their prizes players at risk? You can only manage your own club, other clubs may not be as cautious/prepared.

BTW, I’m not saying this will happen, just asking questions that many players and clubs will be asking themselves.

Not a hope it will go ahead. Talk of the games tonight being called off but it might be too late for that. As a Liverpool fan i'm literally ****ting it that the premier league will be cancelled also. Be just our luck :(

I think we'd be declared champions regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Far more likely for it be a closed door event going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Think the PL can be played behind closed doors I hope since no air travel.

No chance of a parade either.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

And then the masks are only good for 15 minutes OR half a day!

can be much longer if you then turn them inside out and after that upside down.......

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Drumpot wrote: »
    Wouid they potentially finish all games behind closed doors?

That aside, will all players and staff want to remain working in close environment with each other if everywhere else is on lockdown?

Even if you stripped it down to the bare minimum most professional teams would prob have a full bus (50-70?) full of people. Are they going to want to fly or take trains across a virus Europe? Will clubs want to put their prizes players at risk? You can only manage your own club, other clubs may not be as cautious/prepared.

BTW, I’m not saying this will happen, just asking questions that many players and clubs will be asking themselves.

Exponential growth in Europe is inevitable , I cant see Sport in Europe going ahead much for the next 4 months. The next month will tell alot. Maybe early containment could make it possible. We dont really know how slow Wuhan where to react

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Whoopi

Gentlemen,

In other countries affected has public transport been curtailed?

Wondering what we can expect here, I'm dependent on public transport for work

I’m in South Korea. The panic here is insane, but the buses and trains keep running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Be ****ing hilarious haha haha lost the league to a virus couldn't make it up

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

MD1990 wrote: »
    Think the PL can be played behind closed doors I hope since no air travel.

No chance of a parade either.

I suppose Liverpool fans will have to console themselves by continuing to post stupidly long league table posts counting out each point in the soccer forum so . . :pac:

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    can be much longer if you then turn them inside out and after that upside down.......

:pac:

That only works for underpants.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement