Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

I think we'd be declared champions regardless.

Jesus i don't know. The bottom 3 could possibly screw that up by saying they don't agree to it as they stand to lose millions if the league ends as is. Think the season will be written off personally.

Titclamp wrote: »
    Be ****ing hilarious haha haha lost the league to a virus couldn't make it up

Ah it's only a sport. i'm more concerned about actual human lives being lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

BanditLuke wrote: »
    As a Liverpool fan i'm literally ****ting it that the premier league will be cancelled also. Be just our luck :(

I was afraid to even mention Liverpool... Need those 4 games to be played out quickly..!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

I hope all the churches do away with offering the sign of peace and shaking hands with strangers. Its vile on a normal day but really needs to stop now. I am not a big mass goer but was at a couple of funerals recently and its still happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Ah it's only a sport. i'm more concerned about actual human lives being lost.

It will be hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Technically now it's arrived in Brazil, sure it meets WHOs pandemic (all continents) status?
    Maybe they're waiting for the Antartic to phone in.

Also new countries to join the list today are Greece and Lebenon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

We should have been preparing since the 3rd week of January. The stats were crazy then. It was only going one way.

It will be hilarious.

I don't think it would tbh. It would mean the virus is exploding in the UK and more than likely here but sure whatever once you get your kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    We should have been preparing since the 3rd week of January. The stats were crazy then. It was only going one way.

I'd say some of the lads on here have been preparing since November

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Technically now it's arrived in Brazil, sure it meets WHOs pandemic (all continents) status?
    Maybe they're waiting for the Antartic to phone in.

Also new countries to join the list today are Greece and Lebenon.

Nope cus they apparently dont do that anymore, they announced the other day that theyve changed their alert system they just forgot to tell anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,866 ✭✭✭✭josip

Jesus i don't know. The bottom 3 could possibly screw that up by saying they don't agree to it as they stand to lose millions if the league ends as is. Think the season will be written off personally.

But the top 6 in the Championship could put in a counter claim.
    As could anyone within reach of a Champions League place for next year.
    I'd imagine they'll find some way to play the remaining games behind closed doors.
    But no physical contact and the ball gets cleaned every time after touching exposed skin.
    Can't be any worse than VAR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Abba987 wrote: »
    I hope all the churches do away with offering the sign of peace and shaking hands with strangers. Its vile on a normal day but really needs to stop now. I am not a big mass goer but was at a couple of funerals recently and its still happening

And all that finger dipping on the way in, the haunted bread could also be a risk. They could always install alcho gels at the end of each seating area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

There's always an upside.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Drumpot wrote: »
    Wouid they potentially finish all games behind closed doors?
    - what - you mean after they've evacuated the crowd part way through the match?

Fortunately we're in the Europa League which no-one has mentioned so far, and I'll be among a crowd of 70,000 or so tomorrow evening
    I think we'd be declared champions regardless.
    No - you cannot be. You can describe yourselves as "Nearly Champions", but it will count for nothing in the overall scheme of things:pac:

ChikiChiki wrote: »

People who brought that up then where called nut jobs. I got called a tin foil hatter in the original thread when i mentioned border controls and the fact i'd done some stock piling of food and bought masks for my family but especially my elderly parents who just can't afford to get sick. They get the flu jab every year and fingers crossed it's worked thus far.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

That only works for underpants.

How do you know? Are you using your underpants as a face mask?

Beasty wrote: »
    - what - you mean after they've evacuated the crowd part way through the match?

Fortunately we're in the Europa League which no-one has mentioned so far, and I'll be among a crowd of 70,000 or so tomorrow evening

No - you cannot be. You can describe yourselves as "Nearly Champions", but it will count for nothing in the overall scheme of things:pac:

Thursday night football :pac:

Is that still a thing?

People who brought that up then where called nut jobs. I got called a tin foil hatter in the original thread when i mentioned border controls and the fact i'd done some stock piling of food and bought masks for my family but especially my elderly parents who just can't afford to get sick. They get the flu jab every year and fingers crossed it's worked thus far.

Well majority of people don't have a clue and get the narrative of life wrong and can't see it when thy are so you did the right thing and made wise calls when ignorance is bliss for the majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

vpEVHTr.jpeg

All Eyes On Rafah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Jesus some of you people here it is only bloody football it is not really important in this serious situation.:mad:

Some of us have booked holidays and our plans seem to be going arse over elbow.:eek:

• Advertisement

Thursday night football :pac:

Is that still a thing?

Yes since Liverpool proudly got to the final and lost.

WHO are in China confirming stats also.
    Jeez!!! - I'm due to see them at the 3Arena in a couple of weeks time. Hope they properly fumigate themselves before they arrive on stage...

Wait that's not a thing now?

vpEVHTr.jpeg

And the French have surrendered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Abba987 wrote: »

Fully agree, have always thought this should have been done away with, at the very least every Autumn to the following Spring...Have no interest in shaking the hand of a stranger who has had his hands over his mouth, up his nose and in his ears for the preceding hour....!!

Just keep the crusty bit away from the nose and all is grand.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Jesus some of you people here it is only bloody football it is not really important in this serious situation.:mad:

Some of us have booked holidays and our plans seem to be going arse over elbow.:eek:

F**k that, I'm in China and the thing I'm most concerned about right now is getting to see Liverpool win the league.

Well majority of people don't have a clue and get the narrative of life wrong and can't see it when thy are so you did the right thing and made wise calls when ignorance is bliss for the majority.

Ah no i completely understand it not everyone keeps informed they prefer watching Love Island, and rugby :D

Anyway i figured be on the safe side if the worst happens which it may not yet but once i seen the directive to build a 1000 bed hospital in Wuhan within a week/10 days i knew it was time to get real.

I am wondering how many of the doom and gloom merchants in this thread had the flu jab this season (I did BTW, but then I'm starting to get on a bit....)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Decided not to go to Tenerife tomorrow. There was 1 case yesterday morning in that hotel and now there are 4 confirmed and a 5th rumoured. Still not sure I'm doing the right thing but my gut says not to go.

It was to be the first trip away together for myself and the other half in 18 months (and the last one was only to the UK), cursing my luck at picking the Costa Adeje!

I really think that the EU should be looking at travel restrictions to slow down the spread but I can't see that happening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement