Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Jesus some of you people here it is only bloody football it is not really important in this serious situation.:mad:

Some of us have booked holidays and our plans seem to be going arse over elbow.:eek:

You obviously haven't heard of Bill Shankly.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Beasty wrote: »
    I am wondering how many of the doom and gloom merchants in this thread had the flu jab this season (I did BTW, but then I'm starting to get on a bit....)

Ive never had the Flu Jab, But Ive only ever had the flu once even when living with people around me who tend to get it every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Ah no i completely understand it not everyone keeps informed they prefer watching Love Island, and rugby :D

Anyway i figured be on the safe side if the worst happens which it may not yet but once i seen the directive to build a 1000 bed hospital in Wuhan within a week/10 days i knew it was time to get real.

Well I think people are more clue than we give them credit.

Try buying surgical masks now online in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I am wondering how many of the doom and gloom merchants in this thread had the flu jab this season (I did BTW, but then I'm starting to get on a bit....)

You're brave mentioning the flu on here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Are flights to and from Italy still going in Ireland?

• Advertisement

UsBus wrote: »
    You obviously haven't heard of Bill Shankly.....

Former Chinese leader?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Decided not to go to Tenerife tomorrow. There was 1 case yesterday morning in that hotel and now there are 4 confirmed and a 5th rumoured. Still not sure I'm doing the right thing but my gut says not to go.

It was to be the first trip away together for myself and the other half in 18 months (and the last one was only to the UK), cursing my luck at picking the Costa Adeje!

I really think that the EU should be looking at travel restrictions to slow down the spread but I can't see that happening.

Very sensible and mature call to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Decided not to go to Tenerife tomorrow. There was 1 case yesterday morning in that hotel and now there are 4 confirmed and a 5th rumoured. Still not sure I'm doing the right thing but my gut says not to go.

It was to be the first trip away together for myself and the other half in 18 months (and the last one was only to the UK), cursing my luck at picking the Costa Adeje!

I really think that the EU should be looking at travel restrictions to slow down the spread but I can't see that happening.

Can't say I blame you but that sucks.

Any chance of getting any money back?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

They were that Doctors traveling companions (case 3,4), if you are in a different Hotel, I'd still go (if you have no one depending on you at home if you did get stuck for a few days extra).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Yep. 4 or 5 a day. probably more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,355 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Yes, without any kind of screening on the Irish side.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Titclamp wrote: »
    Well I think people are more clue than we give them credit.

Try buying surgical masks now online in Ireland!

No thanks i had enough trouble getting them last month :D

Very sensible and mature call to make.

Yes well done. Need more mindsets like this

As the country hasn't a clue how to inform people what to do. I'm off to Milan myself.

And all that finger dipping on the way in, the haunted bread could also be a risk. They could always install alcho gels at the end of each seating area.

The communion wine could be used as the alcohol dip :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Can't say I blame you but that sucks.

Any chance of getting any money back?

Not a hope unless there is a travel advisory issued in the next 12 hours or so - can't see that happening.

I'm also just getting over a chest infection at the moment and did wonder if a doctor's cert advising against travel would mean anything to the Insurers but probably not, I'll ring them later and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Wait that's not a thing now?

It's not been a thing since the days of 'The General'.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Any chance it'll get to Hamburg? I've a stag there next month I wouldn't mind getting out of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Not a hope unless there is a travel advisory issued in the next 12 hours or so - can't see that happening.

I'm also just getting over a chest infection at the moment and did wonder if a doctor's cert advising against travel would mean anything to the Insurers but probably not, I'll ring them later and see.

Suppose to be going down that way myself in a couple of weeks.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

As if things couldn't get any worse, Donald Trump is holding a news conference on this later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Any chance it'll get to Hamburg? I've a stag there next month I wouldn't mind getting out of.

Are you Larry David?

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »
    They were that Doctors traveling companions (case 3,4), if you are in a different Hotel, I'd still go (if you have no one depending on you at home if you did get stuck for a few days extra).

I have a sister with special needs who is staying with us next week. It's one of the things that pushed the decision for us.

It's a different hotel, but close by.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You're brave mentioning the flu on here :pac:

If anyone does not like it I can just ban 'em

The point is though that there are a few people in this thread looking for pretty much a complete lockdown of the State as a precautionary measure. I'm wondering if they were concerned enough about something they could easily have done something about to minimise this type of risk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Abba987 wrote: »
    I hope all the churches do away with offering the sign of peace and shaking hands with strangers. Its vile on a normal day but really needs to stop now. I am not a big mass goer but was at a couple of funerals recently and its still happening

Indeed !....Authorities claim that half of the 900+ cases in South Korea have been linked to the fringe Christian group Shincheonji Church as being at the heart of this outbreak.

At their services in the south-eastern city of Daegu, members likely infected one another and then fanned out around the country, apparently undetected.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51609840

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭solidasarock

Well even if it doesn't hit there. Air travel is still a risk with all people from different countries with connecting flights in the terminals.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

And the French have surrendered.

What's new? :D

I did! Get it every year. €15 in pharmacist. Also have the pneumococcal jab, and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,355 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Not a hope it will go ahead. Talk of the games tonight being called off but it might be too late for that. As a Liverpool fan i'm literally ****ting it that the premier league will be cancelled also. Be just our luck :(

Even Mother Nature doesn’t want the pool to win it!

Suppose to be going down that way myself in a couple of weeks.

:(

I think a lot of us are in dire need of some sun at the moment, gutted to miss out. It may well be contained in Tenerife by then, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭Nermal

The point is though that there are a few people in this thread looking for pretty much a complete lockdown of the State as a precautionary measure.

People with nothing going on in their lives, no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I have a sister with special needs who is staying with us next week. It's one of the things that pushed the decision for us.

It's a different hotel, but close by.

ah totally right decision, also if you have been sick too. Try do some extra hand washing, cleaning handles/remotes etc too at home. Bummer but you have to do what's best.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement