Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting (the rest of a) line down for Broadband

Options
  • 24-02-2020 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice please regarding Eir and getting a broadband line down.

I recently had a Sky engineer round to put the lines in so we could get broadband. He reported back there was no line down in our part of the estate - we have a new home in an existing estate that does have access to fiber.

My neighbors just next door have broadband and I am showing on Open Eir's rollout map as being in a green area not far from a fiber cabinet.

My builder advised that he is still waiting for an update in terms of when this will be complete. The Sky engineer reported back to me that he was told it would be 'in the future'.

I've been onto Eir & Open Eir and no one can seem to tell me when this is due to be completed. Just to add I called Eir this morning and explained all to the customer service agent and she said no worries give me a minute while I pop you on hold. I was on hold for an hour 10mins and a new guy came on and asked what I was looking for, literally had no notes on why I was waiting... He asked for my Eircode which I gave but as they don't have it showing on their system it's as if it doesn't exist so all for noting.

We have been in the house now since last year and would be so appreciate for any update but don't seem to be getting anywhere going direct to Eir customer support. Any advice would be great. Open Eir said I shouldnt have called them at all and Sky seem to have no other update other than 'in the future'.

Advertisement