Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahv Lahn: we can’t get de virus as we’re an island Editio

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

enjoy the week end folks, have a few better things i can do instead of make myself miserable for the next 20mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Haven't listened to Joe in a while, somethings haven't changed. Joe still getting the callers to tears on air.

1850 715 815 wash yer hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Not at all

They both need to get a grip , absolutely right.

Pair of eegits

I should have put "unkind" in quotes. Joe asked her was she being unkind to the lads after she said they should "Get a grip"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭urgelgru

Would have a lot more sympathy with these people to be fair. My mother died when I was a teenager and the entire extended family were all over the hospital room like a rash for the last week. It was devastating and horrible but being there, together, was a comfort. She was unconscious but she was able to squeeze our hands. I still think of that over 20 years later.

pc7 wrote: »
    Cat, hope this isn't true (know der was a dog so to speak) https://twitter.com/CoronaHeadsUp/status/1243522679623364612

:(. :(. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

2smiggy wrote: »
    95 middle aged
    Joe is in his sixties and hes not old.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

urgelgru wrote: »
    Would have a lot more sympathy with these people to be fair. My mother died when I was a teenager and the entire extended family were all over the hospital room like a rash for the last week. It was devastating and horrible but being there, together, was a comfort. She was unconscious but she was able to squeeze our hands. I still think of that over 20 years later.

No doubt at all, it's horrific let's not lie about it. I'm just thinking along the lines of the national airwaves isn't really the place to have someone brought to tears about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭manodepeeple

Don't tell me he's gonna ask de Padre to finish the show with a f**kin' prayer!?!

Very sorry to hear that, I would have been devastated at that age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Most people would feel the same but we are not living in normal times. These new rules are going to upset many people but they would not have been imposed unless it was felt to be absolutely necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭cozar

Joe says washyerhands slowly when he wants to sound sad.

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    No doubt at all, it's horrific let's not lie about it. I'm just thinking along the lines of the national airwaves isn't really the place to have someone brought to tears about it.

I agree. But if we're talking about the sliding scale of Lahv Lahn tragedies, the people who can't be with loved ones who are sick trumps the likes of the two boyos in Mullingar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

3 with the covid, how did they get it?

cozar wrote: »
    Joe says washyerhands slowly when he wants to sound sad.
    I actually got a bit emotional with that "washyerhands". I could hear the pain and suffering in his voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Obviously you are young. It seems warped to you in your navelgazing nowness. But have some respect for the elderly. People are about to die and want to be remembered. Is that hard to fathom?

A good lot of you aren't funny at all. Ye are just soft, poncy little boys that would wilt in the face of hardship, unlike most of the old folk ye are mocking.

This thread is usually great craic but today's attendees are a gathering of f*ckwits and soft boys.
    Ah now I was going to leave you be but you are name-calling people you do not know.. I'll speak for myself when I say iv the utmost respect for the elderly. Lost my own mother last Christmas after looking after her at home for years with minimal help. The last 9 months spent lifting her around on a hoist, all this while I tried to keep a farm going and with a wife with the C on top of everything. So get down off the High horse there and less of the judgmental grandstanding. We're all different and deal with life's vagaries in different ways

Joe shouldn’t be ending the week with such downbeat stuff, he should counterbalance it. Think of it, there’s a whole weekend of self-isolation ahead before the next week begins. We need for some lighter moments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

She doesn't like people who sensationalize things - why ring this oaf so?

3 was reduced to 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

“The national Psychology ”?

Dee Eye See You

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭shearforce

"You're message is so powerful"

"Your distress gives me life"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

feck me the nipples will be red raw...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

In fairness, Joe is trying to withdraw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Joe shouldn’t be ending the week with such downbeat stuff, he should counterbalance it. Think of it, there’s a whole weekend of self-isolation ahead before the next week begins. We need for some lighter moments.

Be careful that could be interpreted as a request for funny Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

PieOhMy wrote: »
    I dont think its enuf to have fathers there, what about the grandmothers and grandfathers on both sides of the family especially if from dub a lin they probably have some old wisdom to tell the doctor, and of course and bothers or sisters of the baby should be there too coz therel be no-one else to mind them.

I saw something on Reddit where a woman said her mother in law wasn't speaking to her because she wouldn't let her in the delivery room when she was having her first child

Ah now I was going to leave you be but you are name-calling people you do not know.. I'll speak for myself when I say iv the utmost respect for the elderly. Lost my own mother last Christmas after looking after her at home for years with minimal help. The last 9 months spent lifting her around on a hoist, all this while I tried to keep a farm going and with a wife with the C on top of everything. So get down off the High horse there and less of the judgmental grandstanding. We're all different and deal with life's vagaries in different ways

MOD-the mods are keeping an eye on everything folks. Leave it there.

Amanda, can you phone someone else please, I'm done with you.

It's an "evil" thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

That was lined up for a take care petal

Joe, you have us all :( for the weekend.

An-Om-Al-Eez

That woman won't be happy with €421!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Page 666 ffs

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Be careful that could be interpreted as a request for funny Friday!

Could you imagine the Covid theme on Unfunny Froyday :(

Got to get off page 666 before the weekend!

• Advertisement

Very makey uppy accent on this lad..

Speaking of which, how could one be done in this circumstance?

They would break out the racist asian 'jokes' again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

We need Sil FOx on to make us laugh..

Missed that, what does he want? An extra two weeks ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

Another greedy ba3tard.

the weather has been great, no need for heat during the day.

Everyone has the hand out , the country will be feckin broke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭shearforce

this lads way too bloody happy for this show...c'mon Joe ta fcuk you won't get tears here

"Yiv a powrufull voyce"

72 - be reaching puberty soon by Joe's standards.

This guy is the type we need to end the week on in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Powerful voice...lol.

"Yiv a powrufull voyce"

Ex RTE / PR ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

bigroad wrote: »
    Another greedy ba3tard.
    They should extend the winter fuel allowance!!
    +Do you need it?
    No

---
    +Peter he just gives and gives and gives

Out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

The Liveline Starting 11 or is it 15

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement