Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahv Lahn: we can’t get de virus as we’re an island Editio

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Jeez, he is so patronising - and no, I'm not new here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

When it gets to this time I imagine Joe is like when a player tried to hold off the opposition player to Shepard the ball out of play to eat up a bit of time or else just hold the ball pointlessly in the corner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

"Riveting"

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dutchie

'Brain tumour size of a mandrin'
    'I died 3 times'
    My blood pressure was through the roof'

All we need is 'I nearly died of a MASSIVE heart attack' and we will have de holy trinty...so to speak

They knew she has a fighting spirit and might well come through this operation that she had little chance of surviving. The brain stem is what keeps your lungs breathing and your heart beating, if it’s got any significant disease you are a gonner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I thought she was going to say - his hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Not being able to scratch ones nose is handy at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,107 ✭✭✭✭zell12

on and on and on and on and on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

He couldn’t scratch his wha?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

vT83JQDqM0Eu.gif

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

How patronising can you get ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

And after all that death and suffering Ray D'Arcy is up after the break to bring things down a notch or two

I completely did not expect Ted Walsh to be the name she dropped there

1500 fuk off

Its 400,000 +++ privileges to be here ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Beavering away fiendishly.

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

sligojoek wrote: »
    Beavering away fiendishly.

What?

The whole team working from Home...... on full salary?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭urgelgru

Anudder wise man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭cozar

Top of the news headline saying over 70s not obeying the restrictions......straight after liveline with all its disobedient callers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

"how to calculate the angle if you have one.... am... number".... what D'Arcy remembers about geometry.

• Advertisement

CH3OH wrote: »
    The whole team working from Home...... on full salary?

What's the problem with them getting full salary?.

Has anyone seen the videos doing the rounds of the Indian cops with canes walloping the sh1te out of anyone found out and about?

Colonial policing at its finest

I gave up at 2pm.

Any decent calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Ray still unparalleled in his ability to somehow miss the most basic and salient facts (thinking cocooning means you can't go outside for a walk).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

dis accent wud wreck ur head

It's a wurkin' class accent caller, and according to Mr. Duffy there's nver been any complaint. Certainly none on this thread................:rolleyes:
    So is her beef that she never got the positive result? Like a badge of honour or something?

We had a caller on last week cmplaining that she didn't have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭cozar

I gave up at 2pm.

Any decent calls?

A set up call badly executed.

It's a wurkin' class accent caller, and according to Mr. Duffy there's nver been any complaint. Certainly none on this thread................:rolleyes:

We had a caller on last week cmplaining that she didn't have it.

It is actually becoming a badge of honour. I suppose that’s the way de human mind works, it must be rewarded during misery. There will subsequently be a load of callers going along the lines of “moi Covud was wurser than yur Covid” “I was desperate bad” “I was in de hotspittle”... “I was in de non invasive ventilator”. ... “I was Intubated, on a ventilator”. A hierarchy of Covidity so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

It is actually becoming a badge of honour. I suppose that’s the way de human mind works, it must be rewarded during misery. There will subsequently be a load of callers going along the lines of “moi Covud was wurser than yur Covid” “I was desperate bad” “I was in de hotspittle”... “I was in de non invasive ventilator”. ... “I was Intubated, on a ventilator”. A hierarchy of Covidity so to speak.

And didn't we have the woman on today who doyed 3 times and didn't have it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I'm only getting fifteen minutes of the Lahvlahn a day as we're busier than ever in work but listening back now, can't believe the number of selfish people ringing in. We all make selfish decisions but generally keep them under wraps!

Instead we have callers ringing in to celebrate breaking the rules, disobeying the guards, taking their kids for a treat to the shop and a bizarrely accented person who just knows she had the virus because she's so great.

Enjoying reading back through the thread too callers, thanks!

Washyerhands.

I'm only getting fifteen minutes of the Lahvlahn a day as we're busier than ever in work but listening back now, can't believe the number of selfish people ringing in. We all make selfish decisions but generally keep them under wraps!

Instead we have callers ringing in to celebrate breaking the rules, disobeying the guards, taking their kids for a treat to the shop and a bizarrely accented person who just knows she had the virus because she's so great.

Enjoying reading back through the thread too callers, thanks!

Washyerhands.

Rules are optional for the over 70s, and Mr. Duffy approves of their selfishness apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Ever seen those old harpies in the "Super" back in the day when they were let out ?

Skewer you wit de trollie so dey wud as dee made a bee lian fur de marked down shelf.

Fcukin lock down has some major advans ...this poster would opine ...?

Rules are optional for the over 70s, and Mr. Duffy approves of their selfishness apparently.

He knows where his bread is buttered. But if they keep up that carry on there won't be as many of them around in 6 months.

My own mother and indeed mother in law haven't been outside the door in three weeks. Unfortunately I'm 120 miles away from mine. luckily enough my brother is nearby and looks after her needs. I'd be down there too at the drop of a hat but I can't.

He knows where his bread is buttered. But if they keep up that carry on there won't be as many of them around in 6 months.

My own mother and indeed mother in law haven't been outside the door in three weeks. Unfortunately I'm 120 miles away from mine. luckily enough my brother is nearby and looks after her needs. I'd be down there too at the drop of a hat but I can't.

I'm in the very same position SJ. My own mother came home from the us on 18 march. Shes been indoors since. I haven't seen her since early feb. Like you I'm @ 120 miles away,but have a brother very close to her. Hes only seen/spoken to her through her window.
    A friend and fellow boards.ie is very poorly with the virus,his mother who he hasn't seen in @3 weeks because of this shyte, died over the weekend with it. He didn't even get to her funeral, yet Duffy gives airtime to these selfish knuts.

That's rough. There's going to be a lot more of it.

I'm lucky my mother was internet savvy before I was. She did a computer course to take her mind off things after my father died in 97. So we can do skype and all that. My MIL on the other hand can just about text. We go to her once a week and do a few jobs in the garden etc and chat through the window.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Sorry to hear about your pal O, hope they pull through.

Dr Jennifer Cassidy on The tonight show too, she had a busy Irish media day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

anything worth listening back to for the last few days ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

2smiggy wrote: »

Don’t know, gave the thranny a belt of the thumb as soon as I heard “Good afftherneeuan “

Soz lad

Don’t know, gave the thranny a belt of the thumb as soon as I heard “Good afftherneeuan “

Soz lad

i know the feeling !!!

The auld wan who went driving on Monday was mildly amusing.

The attempted and botched set up of a call with an auld wan and a priest yesterday was amusing too insofar as it showed how sneaky and underhand the production team are. It was the first call, it was shut down but the priest was back on about 5mins later and said he was not happy.

The auld wan who went driving on Monday was mildly amusing.

The attempted and botched set up of a call with an auld wan and a priest yesterday was amusing too insofar as it showed how sneaky and underhand the production team are. It was the first call, it was shut down but the priest was back on about 5mins later and said he was not happy.

That was a peculiar one and there have been a couple of others in that vein. To me it seemed Joe was actually taken unaware but this set-up and by another fairly recent one. It’s like as if his own production team were trolling him. Don’t know about the current morale in that office. Get Fu guys was in duty, and he has always been a good friend to Joe.

That was a peculiar one and there have been a couple of others in that vein. To me it seemed Joe was actually taken unaware but this set-up and by another fairly recent one. It’s like as if his own production team were trolling him. Don’t know about the current morale in that office. Get Fu guys was in duty, and he has always been a good friend to Joe.

feeling better yourself ?

They're using "a tumor the size of a Mandarin orange" clip to advertise the show now.

Shower of ghouls up there.

• Advertisement

feeling better yourself ?

De virus is gone, but last night I got a bit of heart pain, in dat it gives a little pang of pain under de sternum with each beat an dat, and it’s now beating very slowly. It’s something I’d get checked out in other times. Have cardiac history, so it needs to be watched.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

In an interview this morning, Joe announced that he’d be giving the first 6 months of his fees this year to front line workers.

Credit where credit is due.

#washyourbits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭mountain

Gods Gift wrote: »
    In an interview this morning, Joe announced that he’d be giving the first 6 months of his fees this year to front line workers.

#washyourbits.

You nearly had me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Gods Gift wrote: »

#washyourbits.

Hopefully he’ll be able to scrape by on the other €200k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

we could hashtag dis so to speak and like barry in fair city wud have to de ni it so to speak..

#generousjoe

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement