Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move water tank to kitchen?

Options
  • 25-02-2020 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hello,

My apartment has a tiny bathroom and a large kitchen. I am remodeling the bathroom soon, almost quarter of the room is taken up by the water tank 'hotpress' as shown in the image. Is it possible to move that water tank to the area shown inside the kitchen? I'd be moving it approximately 1 metre to the left, to the other side of the main entrance door and hallway.

503777.png

The elevation of the tank off the floor would not change. The mains cold water input to the apartment is in the kitchen already.

Would a reduction in water pressure cause problems for me? If so could that be sorted out using a pressure booster pump?

The cold water feed would then run from the tank in the kitchen area under the floor to the bathroom. There it would feed the existing small water heater, the shower, basin and toilet.

This is the tank:
    503778.png

Tank dimensions (standard for small apartment, its called a 'closet' tank).
    503779.png

Would love to be able to make this change. Would water pressure be a problem? Any other ideas or concerns?

503781.png

Thank you,
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Can’t see any issue. The whole thing is pumped I assume so it makes no odds.

(Not a plumber)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dos101

Hi Colm,

I am not sure if there is currently a pump involved. The apartment is on the top floor of a 5-storey building, the water from the mains runs along the kitchen wall, under the floor past the entrance door, into the 'hotpress' and feeds into the water tank at the level shown in the new front view image I added here. So I'd be running that mater mains into the water tank in the kitchen area and from there I'd run pipes to connect with the existing plumbing fixtures in the bathroom.

Thanks,
    D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is there not a pump that turns on when you have a tap running?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dos101

No, there's no pump except a booster pump on the non-electric shower. The water tank is at a higher elevation than the taps and toilet cistern so I suppose that's all it needs to work.

Advertisement