Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Hand Emergency quick Fix (Cpu, Mobo, Ram<€250)

Options
  • 25-02-2020 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

It appears my build has finally died. I'm going to spend a bit of time trouble shooting it later on but reckon it's finally done. I've one of the first i7's 920, Asus P6T Deluxe, 6GB Ram - have it like 11 years so it's done its job.

I need something to last me till September as I've urgent college stuff till then to a max budget of €250 for the CPU, RAM and Mobo. I'm due a proper build in the future so this is a quick fix job. I only need for college stuff, Football Manger and some Apex legends so nothing too crazy.

I was considering this , but think price might be a bit high. Any suggestions VIA adverts? separate adds are ok.

I'm based in Galway but will be in Dublin on Thursday so can meet sellers there.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I personally would say to you, buy new cheapo AMD CPU, decent Mobo, decent RAM, then upgrade the CPU later this year to a more beefy one. AT least then you're partially invested already into a future build rather than having to start over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

Just buy a 2600, b450 and 8gb 3200 ram on Amazon, easy with your budget and a great upgrade.

That adverts link is a heap of scrap, actually a downgrade...I wouldn't pay 100 for it let alone 250

Second hand semi decent newer i7s hold their resale value quite well so it makes sense to just buy a new 2600 setup, it's only 110 pounds new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Sound advice lads thank you.

I've ordered a Asus prime b450, Ryzen 5 2600 and 8GB of DDR 4(3200mhz).

Should be here on Thursday - fingers crossed!

Advertisement