Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech Streamcam

Options
  • 25-02-2020 3:50pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Disclaimer: Streaming forum is being axed and it's recommended to ask here instead. Please don't move the thread.

So, I purchased a Logitech Streamcam this week -- anyone using it? It (initially) worked OK. However, it has since stopped running any time it is set to any variation of 1080p (Landscape or Portrait), and 720p (either) will not work at 60 FPS. The only option is to downgrade the resolution and/or FPS, or select 640 resolution (which works regardless), but that is not what I purchased it for. This is odd seeing as the Logi Capture software showed it all as working for 5-10 minutes initially, albeit with the odd freeze once in a while. Now it just gives an error whenever it is not set to a smaller resolution or when FPS is set higher than 50. It is firmly connected via a working USB-C (3.0) port and I've tried removing/inserting it and reinstalling the respective drivers. Alas, no dice.

I've sent a ticket to Logitech but that could take a while, so I figured I'd ask around incase anyone has other pearls of wisdom.

Comments

The spec definitely says it does 1080 at 60fps.

Unlikely to be the case but it's hardly using H.264 instead of MJPEG is it?

Advertisement