Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Tipo rev limiter?

Options
  • 25-02-2020 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭

Does the Tipo have some sort of a rev limiter?
    I rented a 1 year old petrol Tipo last week, not sure what size engine but I suspect the 1.4.
    Twice when I was overtaking, I dropped down a gear, accelerated and went out.
    Was accelerating ok both times until suddenly, nothing. Engine revs fell off a cliff.

Not the revs getting to a limit and staying there, but completely dropping back.
    I'm guessing to around 2,000 but at the time the last thing I wanted to do was check the instruments.
    Had to go back up a gear and try to complete the overtake in the mid rev range.

Very unpleasant and didn't trust the car enough to try an overtake after that.
    Is that normal behaviour for the Tipo or for modern petrols, or was it dodgy?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

did you accidentally set the speed limiter?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

did you accidentally set the speed limiter?

It's not impossible, since I didn't know there was one.
    But for 2 hours earlier I'd been driving 125 on the motorway and this overtaking was at 60-80 and I hadn't stopped the car in between.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Its fairly easy to press the limiter on the Tipo.Its on the steering wheel controls on the right.
    I used to do it all the time by mistake when I was in Fiat.

Advertisement