Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will there be a Civil War II if SF get into power?

Options
  • 25-02-2020 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

Following on from the Gardai & PSNI view that the Provo Army Council oversees SF:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...-ira-1.4180689

Would the rest of us just stand idly by if SF get a majority at the next election? Would it be acceptable to the Irish public to have the Provo Army Council in charge of the country, in charge of justice and policing? Could the Irish Army intervene and impose military rule as an interim measure to avoid Shinner/IRA rule?

Could we potentially have Civil War II between Irish Army (FG & FF) against Irish Republican Army (SF)?

It seems far fetched now but give it 5 more years of SF "Rallies", public protests and propagandizing. I truly believe we are in the most dangerous moment for the State since the 1920's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The DUP and SF sat down and did a deal with each other and it didn't happen, so no.

Stupid fcuking question.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

McMurphy wrote: »
    The DUP and SF say down and did a deal with each other and it didn't happen, so no.

Stupid fcuking question.

The Northern Assembly was suspended for the last 3 years.

Stupid fcuking response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Well the IRB Supreme Council instigated the last one when they backed the Treaty.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

Stupid fcuking response.

They didn't ask would govt be suspended for 3 years - they asked if SF in govt would lead to a second civil war.

I know reading comprehension isn't your strong point, but at least you didn't try and make your point using pictures tonight.

That went well, didn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Hahahaaa yet another thread about SF,more tears,more fear mongering and more saltiness please....it really is a hilarious read!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

There is ridiculous threads then there is this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Following on from the Gardai & PSNI view that the Provo Army Council oversees SF:

Would the rest of us just stand idly by if SF get a majority at the next election? Would it be acceptable to the Irish public to have the Provo Army Council in charge of the country, in charge of justice and policing? Could the Irish Army intervene and impose military rule as an interim measure to avoid Shinner/IRA rule?

Could we potentially have Civil War II between Irish Army (FG & FF) against Irish Republican Army (SF)?

It seems far fetched now but give it 5 more years of SF "Rallies", public protests and propagandizing. I truly believe we are in the most dangerous moment for the State since the 1920's.

Grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

As any long term opposition party found when they finally got into power, it's the civil servants who actually run the country.

So no. No civil war on the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

Peatys wrote: »
    As any long term opposition party found when they finally got into power, it's the civil servants who actually run the country.

So no. No civil war on the horizon.

This is different though.

IRA Army Council would be effectively in charge of the country and the justice/policing system.

I can't see people taking that lying down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

So you appear to be all for democracy, until it doesn't suit, the the military should stage some kind of a coup.
    Honestly don't even know why I responded to this rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,673 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Well the IRB Supreme Council instigated the last one when they backed the Treaty.

No it did not. The IRB, Dail Eireann and the public themselves all backed the treaty. A minority refused to accept the will of the majority and illegally sized the Four Courts and other places around the country. The State then was forced to implement the will of the people.

You should read your history books

Slava Ukrainii

They didn't ask would govt be suspended for 3 years - they asked if SF in govt would lead to a second civil war.

I know reading comprehension isn't your strong point, but at least you didn't try and make your point using pictures tonight.

That went well, didn't it?

Still proud of SF/IRAs history of murdering innocent children?

There’s a reason why no political party will go into coalition with your SF scum.

I know you’re waiting for your free social house that Mary Lou promised in her manifesto, but guess what? She lied to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

If you're going to start a civil war its best not to post about it on an internet forum.

That way, you retain the element of surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Stupid fcuking response.

Well that's two ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

****, I dunno if the Corona virus or the civil war will kill me first.

Bowie wrote: »
    Well that's two ;)

I see you’ve changed your username from Matt Barrett to Bowie.

Why did you pick the partner of the Taoiseach as your username? Why the infatuation? Is it a crush? Do you fancy Leo?

It's really sad that folk will piss on a hard fought peace agreement to score little digs. However this thread goes beyond Varadkar's ignorant rants on political rallies.

Lads, youse didn't do great but give over on the hysterics before Simon Harris has to intervene. Not that I'd wish that on anyone.

I see you’ve changed your username from Matt Barrett to Bowie.

Why did you pick the partner of the Taoiseach as your username? Why the infatuation? Is it a crush? Do you fancy Leo?

Ah man, was it my posting history being intact rumbled me? Ah jaysus..... :rolleyes:

Have you a problem with the gays father?
    You are a desperate man. Do you fancy Ardal or is it Priests you go for...blah blah blah.... Off with you now to pull pig tails.

This is the kind of thing FG are at :):)

Ah man, was it my posting history being intact rumbled me? Ah jaysus..... :rolleyes:

You are a desperate man.

This is the kind of thing FG are at :):)

No, desperate is picking the name of a private citizen as your username, the partner of the Taoiseach who had nothing to do with politics. It’s very creepy.

FYI; Dougal is a fictional character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

No it did not. The IRB, Dail Eireann and the public themselves all backed the treaty. A minority refused to accept the will of the majority and illegally sized the Four Courts and other places around the country. The State then was forced to implement the will of the people.

You should read your history books
    Collins was President of the IRB when he signed the Treaty. He instructed IRB members who were also TDs to support it in the Dail. This started the Civil War.

• Advertisement

Somewhere around the arrival of the four horsemen. Mind you, that's only an approximation.

Murphy, Harris, Varadkar, Flanagan! :eek:

No, desperate is picking the name of a private citizen as your username, the partner of the Taoiseach who had nothing to do with politics. It’s very creepy.

FYI; Dougal is a fictional character.

:)
    I'm not obsessed. I've never brought him up in conversation on here not once. Because he's gay you have issue. If he was straight you wouldn't be posting such shyte. Repressed much?
    Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

This is different though.

IRA Army Council would be effectively in charge of the country and the justice/policing system.

I can't see people taking that lying down.

You sound like you're threatening so start trouble if you don't get what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,095 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

No chance of a civil thread.

:)
    I'm not obsessed. I've never brought him up in conversation on here not once. Because he's gay you have issue. If he was straight you wouldn't be posting such shyte. Repressed much?
    Sad.

You chose the name of a private citizen as your username, the partner of the then Taoiseach. When you were pulled up on it by several posters over in Feedback you still persisted: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058036314

Creepy obsession.

You chose the name of a private citizen as your username, the partner of the then Taoiseach. When you were pulled up on it by several posters over in Feedback you still persisted: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058036314

Creepy obsession.

You're obviously the one obsessed I've never brought the man up in any discussion.
    You do know Bowie was real right?
    Pulled up on what, the same nonsense from credible posters like yourself? I can handle it ;)
    Have you heard of 'play the ball not the man' or 'Don't be a dick'?

I'm not proud of the unfortunate events that resulted in anyone having to lose their lives due to partition, bit odd that you would try and infer I would tbh.

There’s a reason why no political party will go into coalition with your SF scum.

Yeah, I copied and pasted a short extract from a news article earlier on this very site, and it has dam all to do with the troubles that both FF/FG urged all sides in the north to turn their backs on and achieve their goals through peaceful means, ie politics. Keep up.
    I know you’re waiting for your free social house that Mary Lou promised in her manifesto, but guess what? She lied to you.

What would I do with a social house tbh?

I'm in the last year of my 30s - a university educated professional, who is self employed/sole trader (with many boardsies as customers past and present to testify to the fact), (married to same) - and a mortgage paying home owner whose been through the negative equity experience and came out the other side again.

Why the need for the assumptions and slurs btw?

I'm not proud of the unfortunate events that resulted in anyone having to lose their lives due to partition, bit odd that you would try and infer I would tbh.

Yeah, I copied and pasted a short extract from a news article earlier on this very site, and it has dam all to do with the troubles that both FF/FG urged all sides in the north to turn their backs on and achieve their goals through peaceful means, ie politics. Keep up.

What would I do with a social house tbh?

I'm in the last year of my 30s - a university educated professional, who is self employed/sole trader (with many boardsies as customers past and present to testify to the fact), (married to same) - and a mortgage paying home owner whose been through the negative equity experience and came out the other side again.

Why the need for the assumptions and slurs btw?

I’m sure you’re probably sound, but anything to do with SF can be quite polarising; so I’ll bow out for now.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Back off with your persistent digs at SF in general. Whatever their past there is little doubt they have gained a following who did not support any prior terrorist activity of the IRA, and I am sure many of their newer members/converts would not wish to be associated with that

Any questions PM me - do not respond to this post in-thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

This thread is not about the past. It is about the present fact that SF is overseen by Provo army council. So lets not talk about the past.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement