Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet disconnects visiting rip.ie

Options
  • 25-02-2020 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

I have been visiting www.rip.ie for a number of years with no problem.
    In the last couple of weeks every time I visit the site my computer makes 2 low bleep sounds and completely disconnects from the internet. Now today it’s the same but firefox just has time to warn about a ‘fingerprint’ before it disconnects.
    All other sites I visit are working fine.
    I used CCleaner but the problem still persists

Anyone any thoughts.

Windows7 / Firefox.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Is it just Firefox this is happening with? What happens if you visit the website in Private Browsing?

If it doesn't happen in IE/Chrome, try disabling all your FF Add-ons. If the site works without any add-ons, re-enable them one at a time to see if it's one of them causing the issue.

Have you changed anything in the last couple of weeks (since the problem first occurred), either to your computer or your router? Have you any other devices on your network with the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

Hi again,
    So just used the private browsing mode and its worked just fine.
    if the answer is not too complicated why is that ?

thanks very much.

Advertisement