Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sole Trader Email Set Up - Domain

Options
  • 25-02-2020 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

I'm setting up as a sole trader and want my own email address. I know I need to buy my domain and then is all I need a hosting service? Would I be able to add in a website further down the line?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Rent your domain and get email hosting then when you are ready upgrade your hosting to a plan that hosts websites.
    You don't even have to stay with the same company that looked after your emails.
    Blacknight do an email hosting plan, 3 email addresses, for around €1 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

M.T.D's is the most cost efficient answer but if you plan on needing a calendar or hosting online meetings, you should look at GSuite. You basically have a 'GMail' account but the domain is yours i.e. It's from @yourdomain.com as opposed to @gmail.com

It looks great on calendars and meetings, not to mention you get the benefit of the spam and security protection from Google. Additionally, on most plans you get more storage, GDocs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 betterit

ironclaw wrote: »
    M.T.D's is the most cost efficient answer but if you plan on needing a calendar or hosting online meetings, you should look at GSuite. You basically have a 'GMail' account but the domain is yours i.e. It's from @yourdomain.com as opposed to @gmail.com

It looks great on calendars and meetings, not to mention you get the benefit of the spam and security protection from Google. Additionally, on most plans you get more storage, GDocs etc.

GApps was perfect back in days when it was free for few accounts. Now Office 365 have more efficient and cheaper option. It is also nicely integrates with Windows 10 which was removed in GApps since G-Drive is only in paid options.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

betterit wrote: »
    GApps was perfect back in days when it was free for few accounts. Now Office 365 have more efficient and cheaper option. It is also nicely integrates with Windows 10 which was removed in GApps since G-Drive is only in paid options.

Interesting, I didn't know this. Personally, though I strongly dislike Office products when compared to Google's offerings.

Advertisement