Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am I using much heating compared to others?

• 25-02-2020 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

Got a climote installed recently and I can see history on my smartphone...

Last 2 weeks history is

17 hours living room ( this means downstairs or zone 1)

15 hours bedroom (upstairs, zone 2)

7 hours water

2 of us living here, both work daytime office hours

Just wondering are we using more or less than the average couple?

No particular reason, I know there's no accurate answer, apart from maybe wondering is my house energy efficient (it's a b3 on the ber register)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

We've had heating on 40 to 45 hours a week for the last few weeks.

There is no way to compare to other people imo. Too many variables. There is almost always someone in my house day and night. I'd rather have it warm enough to walk around in t-shirt rather than have to wear a sweater. Someone else might have an empty house for 8 or 10 hours a day. They might prefer to wear more clothes & use less heating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭John.G

Got a climote installed recently and I can see history on my smartphone...

Last 2 weeks history is

17 hours living room ( this means downstairs or zone 1)

15 hours bedroom (upstairs, zone 2)

7 hours water

2 of us living here, both work daytime office hours

Just wondering are we using more or less than the average couple?

No particular reason, I know there's no accurate answer, apart from maybe wondering is my house energy efficient (it's a b3 on the ber register)

You are averaging (heating) only 16 hrs/week or 2.3 hrs/day which seems extraordinarily low IMO, to get a accurate figureof your energy consumption is quite easy if gas fired, just read the meter, oil is far more difficult to measure but my 1000 litre tank is exactly 1 litre/mm so quite easy to calculate, certainly over a one week period.
    I have my heating enabled 15 hrs/day, more at weekends, for 7/8 months of the year and consume ~ 15,000 kwh/year, I average ~ 83 kwh/day oil consumption during this cold month or 5.5 kwh/hr to keep my house at 21/22C. This figure also includes hot water.

Advertisement