Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone broadband

• 26-02-2020 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I’m not someone for writing reviews but this experience is something I have to share with everyone.
    If you are thinking on signing up to Vodafone broadband I really strongly suggest that you don’t go near them.
    I first joined Vodafone broadband 5 years ago , I can’t fully remember the full story after I joined but one thing I do remember is they over charged me for my first 4 bills. I eventually got this sorted and was given credit in my future bills and one thing I will firstly say is the broadban service itself was good.

So here is where my problems starts. After 5 years me and my partner decided to move back home in to my mothers. We decided we would move home in January 2020 and start saving for a mortgage. In December I contacted Vodafone to arrange a home move from our rented house . I arranged it so that I would have my internet the day we move back home which was the 8th of jan. So that was fine all sorted ,first thing that I noticed I was told I would be paying the same as what I was paying before 47 euro a month, I asked the person who was dealing with me to confirm the price. It was going to be the same as before €47. I repeatedly asked the salesman was it going to be the same price which he agreed. So I agreed to the contract as I was happy to pay 47 euro a month then having been sent out the contract in the post it states that my bill will rise to 60 after 12months. I was not told this At any stage on the phone. Not once was I told this and only for i read the document contract that was sent out I noticed. Having discussed with my girlfriend we stupidly decided to not mention this and to go ahead with the contract given. Stupid me I am way to easy going.

Anyway ...

It gets worse , we had our internet installed on the 8th an engineer came out to the house installed it And we where up and running that evening ,all good can’t complain about the broadband itself really good.
    For 3 weeks we where using the internet not a bother watching movies everything else etc , and on Sunday last ,it just stopped working. I decided to ring Vodafone and see what the story was. I was put on hold for 40m on Sunday and the lady I was talking to was absolutely no help what so ever. She was rude , cheeky and clearly not qualified as she hadn’t a clue why I was cut off. So I rang back on Monday morning, I was placed on hold for 2hours and 25m I have screenshots of the phonecalls to show the times I was placed on hold. This is the best part.
    I was told that I never had an account at my new address ..that an account didn’t exist. just let that sink in for a second , I was using internet for 3 weeks but yet I kept being told I had no account.after me arranging a home move in advance , an engineer coming out to install my internet getting the modem using the internet for 3 week they told me we didn’t have an account it doesn’t exist.
    I kept getting transferred over and back to different departments because not one of them where able to tell me what was the problem. 2 hours of being placed on hold which has added 50 euros on to my monthly phone bill but that’s not the point.

So I eventually had enough and just came to the conclusion I personally will never get involved with Vodafone ever again , from day one problem after problem and to think they can get away with this is beyond me. People working on the helplines are clearly not qualified , don’t get me wrong there where 2 people I talked to over the past 3 days that where nice and tried to help but Most are not qualified.
    To tell me that I had no account even tho I was using the internet for 3 weeks+ after an engineer came to install and the rest baffles me.

So the reason I wrote this review I really hope people read it and decide against signing up with Vodafone. Because an experience like this could well happen to you.

Advertisement