Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residue on windows

Options
  • 26-02-2020 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm noticing that the residue on my windows at home is becoming more and more visible during winter months. I use windowlene and within a few days they are fogging up again. Driving me crazy. Is there any product that would help better than having to clean my windows every few days? Maybe i'm just vaping to much :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I'd love to know of a product that sorts this. I don't suffer from it at home as I dont sub ohm at home, but in the enclosed space of my car, my windscreen is constantly covered with a film. No amount of elbow grease and windolene gets rid. It's particularly bad at night with glare from oncoming traffic and traffice lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I use Auto Glym Fast Glass , does the job .

jonski wrote: »
    I use Auto Glym Fast Glass , does the job .

Thanks Jonski, I'll get myself some of that and give it a go.

I find standard window cleaner works but they fog up again soon after, probably because there's more in the air/ventilation system that can't be seen. After the third wipe down they stay clear til I can't resist again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Imagine what the vape smoke is doing to your lungs..... I'd be more worried about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Imagine what the vape smoke is doing to your lungs..... I'd be more worried about that.

A hell of a lots less than 30 fags a day did

Doesn't make it good though.
    Love how people jump on the Vape bandwagon - inhaling a product that has zero testing but because its cool just it has to be good.

Love how people jump on the Vape bandwagon - inhaling a product that has zero testing but because its cool just it has to be good.

What bandwagon is this now? Is this the one that you're on? Must be quite lonely on there with just yourself? We're just trying to determine the best product to use to clean windows. You don't appear to be adding anything constructive to the topic.

residue on window as a result of vaping. I am adding health awareness information which is of high importance therefor I am adding absolute constructive content to the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

residue on window as a result of vaping. I am adding health awareness information which is of high importance therefor I am adding absolute constructive content to the topic.

Yes , but you are trying to give an opinion on something you know absolutely nothing about, and you are probably in the wrong forum for that, try After Hours , you should get a better bite there .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Versus smoking, it's certainly better. Cold turkey has a 95-97% failure rate, not a great option.

There are very many hundreds of studies at this stage and there will be thousands more to come, and vapers welcome them.

Vaping as a concept is better than smoking – totally agree.
    My main gripe with it’s the majority of the products that are found In the numerous vape shops around the place come with zero background info so I would find it very hard to believe these liquids are what they are supposed to be. Anything coming in from china with multi-coloured packaging just isn’t a quality product. When it’s something that is consumed I would be very weary of the long term impacts. Already numerous cases where the liquid isn’t burnt as expected so oily liquid deposits build up in the lungs.
    I am sure there are some high end liquids are totally safe as in as safe as vaping can be but the majority of the product are untested, unregulated and not safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

My main gripe with it’s the majority of the products that are found In the numerous vape shops around the place come with zero background info so I would find it very hard to believe these liquids are what they are supposed to be.
    Pound shops and convenience stores sell the bulk of the lower quality crap, the reputable vape shops are selling juices made in the EU or US almost exclusively.
    Already numerous cases where the liquid isn’t burnt as expected so oily liquid deposits build up in the lungs.
    Gonna need a source on this but if it's to do with the recent-ish American outbreak and deaths, that was due to black market cannabis oil containing Vitamin E acetate. All legit cannabis ejuice or normal ejuice wholly unaffected (but taking the whole brunt of the blame).

Flavouring compounds certainly need to be tested vigorously, all we can do is wait for it to be done but continue to let people choose the least stupid and deadly option between vaping and smoking.

Vaping as a concept is better than smoking – totally agree.
    My main gripe with it’s the majority of the products that are found In the numerous vape shops around the place come with zero background info so I would find it very hard to believe these liquids are what they are supposed to be. Anything coming in from china with multi-coloured packaging just isn’t a quality product. When it’s something that is consumed I would be very weary of the long term impacts. Already numerous cases where the liquid isn’t burnt as expected so oily liquid deposits build up in the lungs.
    I am sure there are some high end liquids are totally safe as in as safe as vaping can be but the majority of the product are untested, unregulated and not safe.

People using this forum have generally done their research and are quite happy to vape.
    This is after all a forum for vapers

Eat an apple - you'll be much better off.

This thread is about cleaning windows. Let's keep on topic please

*Banned for a week for personal abuse*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

This line about nobody knows the effects of vaping etc is always trotted out by people like you. There have been countless studies done in the last 10 years, here's one to get you started.

Any back to the main topic I've seen Invisible Glass mentioned a lot on other forums and people swear by it. Obviously that's marketed for car windows but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work on windows inside your house.

Go f&ck yourself. You'll be better off than making enemies with the vaping community.

:-) chill out man - have a nice menthol vape. Sure its practically one of your 5 a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Wow, i see this really went off topic from my original post :pac: Thanks for suggestions, will give both of those a go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Cheap vinegar is handy for windows, and also handy as a multi-purpose anti-viral/bact type surface spray, esp. with this new COVID inbound.

But if you smoke already, best plan would be to listen to one of the give up smoking hypnosis mp3s (on loop), and invest in nico patches, to stand any chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭deisedav

I vape a bit in the car and what i use to start is a product from anglewax called vision. Its a great glass cleaner and safe for tinted glass etc, just dont inhale the vapour. Spray on a cloth outside and clean the windscreen following up with a clean towel for mop up. Then polish the glass with autoglym glass polish. Put on a thin layer of the polish with an applicator pad, leave a until it dries , then buff off with a clean towel. You should be left with a streak free finish with some anti fogging in the mornings for 2/3 months if you dont wipe the window and just let the a/c clear it. If you open the windows when vaping it helps but if you have regular compression sessions the residue will be horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

*Banned for a week for personal abuse*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

No you're not. Not only are you off topic for the thread you are in the wrong forum for your anti-vaping crusade. Don't post in this thread again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

OK folks - ignore the troll and back on topic please.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I've awarded one week holidays to a few of posters. If you can't argue your point without getting personal you're in the wrong place. The wind-up-merchant is also taking a holiday.

Advertisement