Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pregnancy insomnia

Options
  • 26-02-2020 3:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭

I seem to sleep for about 4 hours, sometimes 6, and that's it then, I'm lying awake for hours on end. Sunday night/Monday morning I was awake from 2.30am until 6am, managed an extra hour then had to get up for work. Tonight I woke at 12 and still wired here at 2am despite how tired I am from last night. I get stressed that I wont get back to sleep at all, start worrying about being too tired in work, worrying that my daughter will wake as soon as I fall asleep - which often happens - and its a vicious cycle then keeping me awake. Anyone else struggling with sleep??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Yep, me! It was worse for my first pregnancy but at 37 weeks now is taking its toll especially since my 2 year old wakes at 6. I find if I wake and don’t have to get up to pee I’ll go back to sleep ok but if I have to pee then that’s 2 hours awake.

I try to not stress about it though and remind myself that I’m just preparing for the sleepless nights with a newborn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Yes you're right, I'm only 10/11weeks though so I've a long way to go if it lasts the whole pregnancy! Very hard to face work on so little sleep. I got back asleep in the end last night anyway and slept til 6 which is incredible for me. Should keep me going for a few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

I had it throughout my 2nd/3rd trimester. Couldn’t get to sleep any night until 2 in the morning and then had to be up for work at 7.30. I found that I slept all weekend to catchup and would be ok on Monday/Tuesday and then really struggling again by Friday. Never found a cure for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Yes you're right, I'm only 10/11weeks though so I've a long way to go if it lasts the whole pregnancy! Very hard to face work on so little sleep. I got back asleep in the end last night anyway and slept til 6 which is incredible for me. Should keep me going for a few days!

You poor thing, it’s started for me before I even knew I was pregnant and it was so hard. And when you already have a toddler opportunities for rest are few and far between :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

When this happens me I usually put in my earphones and listen to some GentleBirth tracks. Any meditation will do the job but within 5-10 mins I’m fast asleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Blingy wrote: »
    When this happens me I usually put in my earphones and listen to some GentleBirth tracks. Any meditation will do the job but within 5-10 mins I’m fast asleep.

I am suffering with it too :(
    What tracks do you recommend?
    I have the app never use it....got it free for the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Millem wrote: »
    I am suffering with it too :(
    What tracks do you recommend?
    I have the app never use it....got it free for the year!

Wow amazing to get it for free. Even just try the cocoon of calm or gentle birth music

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Blingy wrote: »
    Wow amazing to get it for free. Even just try the cocoon of calm or gentle birth music

Yes free with Irish life health insurance if you pick the maternity personalised package! I just picked the year option €95 or something! Might listen to it during acupuncture tomorrow.
    Thanks a mil :)

Advertisement