Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 year old girl restrained Florida

Options
  • 26-02-2020 3:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Black child, black member of staff in background and a black police officer arrives to restrain the child and the tide pod generation of upper class white people are commenting white privilege, racism etc. The biggest recruiters for the far right.

https://twitter.com/skynews/status/1232412627428691973?s=21

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

What the actual f*ck are police officers doing enforcing discipline in schools over in 'Murca. Jesus f*cking Christ, is it any wonder the country is barrelling down the rabbit hole it's stuck in? What ever happened to calling the kid's parents and suspending her for a few days FFS?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,186 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's like a parody, something you'd see in a sketch show.

What the actual f*ck are police officers doing enforcing discipline in schools over in 'Murca. Jesus f*cking Christ, is it any wonder the country is barrelling down the rabbit hole it's stuck in? What ever happened to calling the kid's parents and suspending her for a few days FFS?

The officer obviously had some issue when it came to children as he's apparently arrested loads of kids.

Handcuffing a 6 year ffs, what the hell 'murica?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Seems Florida has no minimum age for arrest, same officer arrested another 6 year old that day. He was supposed to inform a supervisor as the child is under 12, he didn't do this, and was fired because of that.

Child was fingerprinted, needed a stool to get its mugshot taken. All perfectly legally and all will remain on record. Child had thrown a tantrum and punched out at her teacher.

Fcuked up country alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

The officer obviously had some issue when it came to children as he's apparently arrested loads of kids.

Handcuffing a 6 year ffs, what the hell 'murica?

She wasn't handcuffed, they used cable ties.

And I think the officer was fired

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Oranage2 wrote: »

Handcuffed/cable tied it matters **** all to a 6YR OLD CHILD!!!

Oranage2 wrote: »

Jesus wept, you think it matters? Child was restrained using handcuff shaped cable ties that are usually for public order prisoners in volatile situations.

Not bloody children that are sitting quietly at a table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Moved to CA. Read the local charter.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/02/24/please-let-me-go-video-shows-6-year-old-girl-crying-pleading-during-arrest-at-orlando-school/

The arresting officer, Dennis Turner, was later fired by the Orlando Police Department following the September arrest of the student. The charges against the girl were dropped and her record was expunged.

So cop fücked up, got fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Nosnon wrote: »
    So cop fücked up, got fired.

It's more than that tbf, for two reasons:

1: That cop should be prosecuted, not just fired. There need to be proper criminal penalties for this kind of misconduct.

2: The whole concept of police officers policing everyday school bullsh!t is a fairly horrifying paradigm which has developed in the US over the last decade or so. They tend to call them "school resource officers" and they're basically thugs in uniform who escalate issues which would formerly have been dealt with via a detention or note home to one's parents, with physical violence and restraint.

Here's another video from a few years ago of a cop arresting a student for using her phone during class:

Like, this kind of sh!t has no place in a school at all, and it goes beyond officers needing to be prosecuted for engaging in it - schools should not be environments which are militarised with riot police tactics. There shouldn't be police present in or called to schools for matters of petty discipline ever in the first place, it's massively over the top and completely uncalled for.

All of this stems from America's moronic relationship with firearms. The "school resource officer" AKA police officer who responds to everyday school issues using police-level physical force, is a phenomenon which evolved directly from a perceived necessity to have cops in schools to guard against potential school shootings by kids.

• Advertisement

America is a nice place to visit but I'd hate to live there.

America is a nice place to visit but I'd hate to live there.

I'd love to visit but I am in genuine fear of being shot for being myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Bits of the US are beautiful and benign, peaceful and enlightened.

However a lot of it is circling the mouth of hell. It actually does not function as a single Country (if it ever did), realistically it should be at least 5 or 6 separate territories. And I think the gradual dissolution of the USA will be one of the history highlights of the 21st Century.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I was shot when I was there. It's not actually as bad as you would think.

I am white, to be fair.

I am white, to be fair.

Me too. What gets me in trouble is my smart mouth. Here in Ireland I've expected a punch a few times in my life but never a fear that the other person might pull a gun.

I got pulled over for crossing the road. Madness haha.

You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions. Anything you babble may be used against you in a court of law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Jesus, that is like some sick parody. A small child taken away alone and tied up. What the hell is wrong with all of those adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,560 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

What a fcuked up country

• Advertisement

I got stopped by police in the states for drinking on the street albeit through a paper bag.

They checked my ID, made me pour the booze in the drain, essentially told me to cop on (no pun intended) and sent my on my way. In other words, they did their job right.

They are mostly alright but you will always get idiots in any workforce.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thank god all involved was the same colour, or the SJWs would have gone nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I got stopped by police in the states for drinking on the street albeit through a paper bag.

They checked my ID, made me pour the booze in the drain, essentially told me to cop on (no pun intended) and sent my on my way. In other words, they did their job right.

They are mostly alright but you will always get idiots in any workforce.

Was this during your time in Compton?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

How is this even a thing in a normal, 1st world country?

As for the second video posted...the mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Greatest country in the world: corporal and capital punishment, endemic levels of drug addiction, huge homeless problem, prison population through the roof. Arresting and handcuffing little children is the cherry on top.

But apart all from that the USA is A-OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Cop was kind and gentle with that child - how bad must she have been over the years for the police to have finally been called. I was sorry to read he had been fired for a breech of protocol on someone elses child later that day - he looks like the kind of man I’d like to see handling children.

reading about the acid attack by teenagers down in waterford and how the dpp will not prosecute - they were also children, my car outside my house is being systamatically destroyed also by children 8 &9 yr olds and their parents won’t parent and the Irish police say there is nothing they can do because they are children. There is a back story to everything & I would be interested in this one. We all see how out so called criminal justice system relies on recidivist criminals boo-hoo’ing at the judge and saying they’re sorry and they won’t do it again - look where that has got the country - utterly lawless with no control on crime.

As regards crying to the media for support - the teachers hands are tied, the cop when called under the law has to do what is needed in america. I agree arresting a 6 year old rather than expelling or calling the parents to take it home is OTT but what is the back story - should the child be let punch teachers in the face routinely or smash their teeth or break their nose . Other people - particularly victims - also have rights. And in America there is the real risk and one a day shootings in schools - I definately wouldn’t like to be a teacher there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Greatest country in the world: corporal and capital punishment, endemic levels of drug addiction, huge homeless problem, prison population through the roof. Arresting and handcuffing little children is the cherry on top.

But apart all from that the USA is A-OK.

You forgot 9 year olds firing Uzi’ yet unable to drink and smoke at 18 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Me too. What gets me in trouble is my smart mouth. Here in Ireland I've expected a punch a few times in my life but never a fear that the other person might pull a gun.

Hyperbole much. that post sound like a someone who sits on the game Grand Theft Auto and thinks its real life.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

biko wrote: »
    Thank god all involved was the same colour, or the SJWs would have gone nuts.

am sure the white man will be held responsible somehow.

Whitey will have "ordered" the black man to arrest the black child therefore making it a motivated white privileged crime, covered up by the white owned media....keep up

Advertisement