Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crypto debit cards latest?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

suave.4u wrote: »
    Depends on how you look at it.
    It is a dip, so I upgraded from Jade to Royal Indigo (3% cashback + netflix + spotify)

You not mean ruby to royal indigo? The jade and royal indigo are the same tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭suave.4u

You not mean ruby to royal indigo? The jade and royal indigo are the same tier.

yes, ruby to royal indigo
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,673 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Depends on how you look at it.
    It is a dip, so I upgraded from ruby red to Royal Indigo (3% cashback + netflix + spotify)

I got free spotify for life with my car. I pay €3 per month for the medium Netflix package (Turkey route) and 3% cashback in coins rapidly losing most if not all of their value?

I've spent EUR100 and that got me EUR0.60 in cash back - zero point six percent - and going down by the hour :p

Beautiful card though, a truly glorious colour of blue. It will go into my drawer on top of my N26 card soon. At least I got a "real" free EUR10 when applying for that one back in the day :D

unkel wrote: »
    I got free spotify for life with my car. I pay €3 per month for the medium Netflix package (Turkey route) and 3% cashback in coins rapidly losing most if not all of their value?

I've spent EUR100 and that got me EUR0.60 in cash back - zero point six percent - and going down by the hour :p

Beautiful card though, a truly glorious colour of blue. It will go into my drawer on top of my N26 card soon. At least I got a "real" free EUR10 when applying for that one back in the day :D

:D

There is also 10% interest on the staked amount. I think it is better than nothing.
    is there any major benefit with the irish cards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Shamo

So now they've increased the CRO stake amount effective 2nd November. They can't be expecting the price to go up anytime soon.

https://twitter.com/cryptocom/status/1319537353690497025

• Advertisement

Shamo wrote: »
    So now they've increased the CRO stake amount effective 2nd November. They can't be expecting the price to go up anytime soon.

https://twitter.com/cryptocom/status/1319537353690497025

Finally something that works out for me, I have 10k staked for jade/royal indigo and will keep that when it goes up to 25k stake requirement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Shamo wrote: »

You have to wonder if it wasn’t the plan all along (pump-up the CRO price before the MCO->CRO swap programme, make the swap when CRO is high and MCO is low, make an announcement to crash the CRO price, and then increase the card staking requirements).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Has anyone got a Celsius referral code?

banie01 wrote: »
    Has anyone got a Celsius referral code?

190386fd85

190386fd85

Sound ;)
    My part is done, KYC and deposit completed so I think it should trigger your referral payment in 30days.

• Advertisement

Finally something that works out for me, I have 10k staked for jade/royal indigo and will keep that when it goes up to 25k stake requirement

I am also on the same boat.
    Got an e-mail that states:
    - The new staking requirements will apply should the cardholder (1) upgrade their card tier or (2) unstake and restake their CRO Card Stake after 2 November 2020 07:00:00 UTC.

The CRO is initially staked for 180Days. So after 180 days, do i need to purchase and stake an additional 15K CRO to still be in Royal Indigo level?

The CRO is initially staked for 180Days. So after 180 days, do i need to purchase and stake an additional 15K CRO to still be in Royal Indigo level?

I believe that as long as you don’t actively ask them to release your stacked amount after the 180 days have expired, you will keep your Royal Indigo tier.

I am also on the same boat.
    Got an e-mail that states:
    - The new staking requirements will apply should the cardholder (1) upgrade their card tier or (2) unstake and restake their CRO Card Stake after 2 November 2020 07:00:00 UTC.

No you just leave your 10k stake there and keep the benefits. It's only if you remove your stake or upgrade that you are liable for the new rates

No you just leave your 10k stake there and keep the benefits. It's only if you remove your stake or upgrade that you are liable for the new rates

Thanks.
    I paid Eur 50 two days back to upgrade the card. This is free now :confused::mad:

Thanks.
    I paid Eur 50 two days back to upgrade the card. This is free now :confused::mad:

Only from 23rd October to 2 November. Anyone know how long they take to issue here atm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

I think I'm gonna use this offer to change my ruby for a royal indigo card. I use Curve anyway so can go back in time to get the cashback I miss while it reissues and ships

I think I'm gonna use this offer to change my ruby for a royal indigo card. I use Curve anyway so can go back in time to get the cashback I miss while it reissues and ships

Am I understanding it right in that I can upgrade from ruby to indigo before the 2nd of November by adding 9k CRO?
    Then to maintain indigo benefit from then on, I just need to roll over that stake every 180days?
    Rather than bump it to 25k?

Am I understanding it right in that I can upgrade from ruby to indigo before the 2nd of November by adding 9k CRO?
    Then to maintain indigo benefit from then on, I just need to roll over that stake every 180days?

Yes, they've even waived the card reissue fee if you want to change the card as well

Yep, but keep in mind that as demonstrated recently none of the benefits or staking requirements are contractual commitments (they are more like “perks” for holding CROs). So what they are saying today can change anytime in the future, and i would say it is likely to change in the medium term based on what they believe is the best compromise between keeping current users happy, attracting new users, influencing the price of CRO in the direction they want it to go, and the cost to them for providing the benefits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

looks like my application for a Saffron Swipe card has finally been verified after 3 attempts and is in processing stage

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    looks like my application for a Saffron Swipe card has finally been verified after 3 attempts and is in processing stage
    got mine months ago , found it impossible to activate it despite numerous escalations through their "help system "

got mine months ago , found it impossible to activate it despite numerous escalations through their "help system "

this has been my 3rd time applying

Their help system is a bit of a comedy act alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

this has been my 3rd time applying

Their help system is a bit of a comedy act alright
    300 sxp is now less than 300 quid. Is it worth getting this card? I'm assuming they pulled the plug on BTC cashback as they'd be broke within weeks if paying out.
    TBH Crypto.com isn't any easier to follow with all the changes that are announced on a weekly basis.

TBH Crypto.com isn't any easier to follow with all the changes that are announced on a weekly basis.

They are annoying with their constant changes for sure.

But they are also the only crypto-card (with a perks system) with a bit of a track record of working and sustaining for a while at a large scale (they have some problems with cards issuance delays and were impacted by the Wirecard debacle but they look like they have a handle on these). I am very skeptical of Swipe which IMO could well turn into vapourware with all its issues and given the fact that Binance likely wants to kill it to focus in their own card. So for now I see CDC and the Binance card as the only serious players (Binance might turn out to be better but for now the card is too new to have a track record). Or if people don’t want to go for a card with perks in exchange for staking tokens, the coinbase card seems fine although I know less about it.

Just spitballing some thoughts on the current state of play for the crypto card space.

Coinbase:I have a coinbase card since early 2019 and tbh I hate it and have only used it a couple of times.
    The eco-system of 3 apps for actual value for money use of coinbase and the card is a PITA.
    Couple that with no tangible benefits and CB's penchant for issue when trading volumes peak and it's just not attractive for either trading or hodling IMO.

Crypto.com: I have the CDC card since July, the app could be far more integrated.
    If it allowed actual trading from within the app it could really be a one stop shop.
    The card itself has become my payment card for practically everything and who doesn't love metal cards.
    The policy chop and change is annoying as is their effort to manipulate CRO pricing.
    But, it works, it's a step towards better AIO integration.
    I do feel that there needs to be better integration of staking on app and exchange.
    1 stake should confer benefits on both platforms.

Binance: I've had issues for months with my application failing at account binding, it resolved itself the other day and now I do have the Virtual Card with the physical on the way.
    Have yet to look into where or how I manage the card and it's balance on the app.
    If it falls within the binance app itself, it really offers an AIO approach to trading and spending that CDC will need to catch up to.

Celsius.ie: Opened an account there earlier this week. Very straightforward, easy to deposit to and the idea of earning interest with the HODL pile is quite attractive.
    Really straightforward interface and I like the community stats.
    There are rumours of a card but nothing definite.
    It does offer some easy payment options directly within the app though.

Swipe.io: Haven't used, but the wait for a card and verification process seems a bit long winded.

If anyone is looking at a swipe card then I have a referral code
    HD0JCP

Set mine up yesterday after getting it
    After all the initial teething problems it’s working no iss
    Activated and ready to go
    Just going to transfer in some funds and see how that goes

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

If anyone is looking at a swipe card then I have a referral code
    HD0JCP

Set mine up yesterday after getting it