Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crypto debit cards latest?

Comments

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    sorry if this has been brought up before

So when you have the app setup, you have acquired the relevant amount of CRO for the card you want to get and the card is authorised....how is the card funded?

It seems the card has a wallet of its own, rather than being funded from one of your cryptos directly

SO does that mean you have 2 options to use the card, either cash out your crypto and fund the wallet EUR balance that way to spend or just do a transfer of fiat into the fiat wallet and from the fiat wallet into the card wallet?

If thats the case, then in reality is it not a crypto card as you could just fund it with fiat, pay for your goods and claim the rewards? This is what Swipe did initially but killed it after a month or so and the card was just funded from a specific crypto wallet

Just trying to understand, thanks

Yes, you have 3 options to top-up the card, crypto wallet, fiat wallet or debit/credit card. The crypto option converts to fiat as you top-up. This is set by visa, you cannot top-up a visa with crypto (yet)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭crisco10

sorry if this has been brought up before

So when you have the app setup, you have acquired the relevant amount of CRO for the card you want to get and the card is authorised....how is the card funded?

It seems the card has a wallet of its own, rather than being funded from one of your cryptos directly

SO does that mean you have 2 options to use the card, either cash out your crypto and fund the wallet EUR balance that way to spend or just do a transfer of fiat into the fiat wallet and from the fiat wallet into the card wallet?

If thats the case, then in reality is it not a crypto card as you could just fund it with fiat, pay for your goods and claim the rewards? This is what Swipe did initially but killed it after a month or so and the card was just funded from a specific crypto wallet

Just trying to understand, thanks

Yup, it's a FIAT card but you get CRO rewards...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Badly fukt wrote: »
    you cannot top-up a visa with crypto (yet)

The Binance Visa Debit appears to convert crypto to fiat as you spend it. Same for the HyperBC Card that uses USDT. Is it more a CDC restriction?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

crisco10 wrote: »
    Yup, it's a FIAT card but you get CRO rewards...

Yep - I just top up my euro account both on CDC card and Wirex card from my debit card - there's no charge and its instantaneous once you do the OTP authorisation from your debit card

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ConseyMan

ananth1978 wrote: »
    Did any of you check out Plutus -

It's really good. Some of the features are

1. 3% cashback on all purchases (Eur 250 limit for starter and unlimited for premium and pro accounts. Needs staking).
    2. Additional cashback with select brands (they had a 15% discount on iphone on Amazon and 10% discount on all Amazon purchases which ended recently).
    3. Non-Custodial (you can keep your crypto ETH or PLU on Metamask and then connect to their app. No need to keep crypto in their app). This is a very key feature from security standpoint.

They have a DEX for ETH and PLU trading and are including Bitcoin in Q1 2021. BTC would also be non-custodial. They are building something similar to metamask that support BTC. You've control of private keys.

20 mil total token supply
    1.8 mil in circulation.

Rest are only for rewards. So supply won't be added anytime soon.

Read

You can either sell crypto and spend it using their debit card and earn rewards or you can deposit FIAT into the EUR bank account that they provide and spend it thru debit card and get cashback rewards in PLU.

Check out their roadmap. DYOR.

Hey anath1978
    How are you getting on with the plutus card?

• Advertisement

I just signed up with Crypto.com,
    Someone give me a referral link and i'll put you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

ConseyMan wrote: »

I will send you a pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Unless things have changed, I think if you have signed-up already it is too late to enter a referral code.

Bob24 wrote: »
    Unless things have changed, I think if you have signed-up already it is too late to enter a referral code.

No, on the app in settings you can put a referral code in within 5 days. Now that I
    entered the code from Jimmy86 it has disappeared.

Can i put my referral code here or will i get in trouble?

No, on the app in settings you can put a referral code in within 5 days. Now that I
    entered the code from Jimmy86 it has disappeared.

Can i put my referral code here or will i get in trouble?

Ah OK this is good to know! I am pretty sure that in the past you had to use the referral link at the registration step.

Yeah if the option to enter a code is there, there shouldn't be any problem.

• Advertisement

And now that i've put in Jimmy86's referral code, the option has disappeared.
    Again will i get in trouble if i put in my own referral code?
    Already got a warning for putting a code on the referral code sticky thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

And now that i've put in Jimmy86's referral code, the option has disappeared.
    Again will i get in trouble if i put in my own referral code?
    Already got a warning for putting a code on the referral code sticky thread.

Referrals have always been allowed here as long as they are accompanied by a clean link too.

Okay then
    You have to download the crypto.com app and apply through there.

Or info at
    https://crypto.com/

My referral is number is 7afcgt48g4

And any Binance card users, is there still a charge of 0.9% on all transactions? i know they cancelled it for the end of 2020 but i think the charge is still there now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

anyone here got a physical CRO debit card?

If so, how long did it take after ordering to drop in the letter box?

The crypto.com card? If so yes I've had ruby and upgraded to indigo last year it took about 8 weeks.

You should get a Curve card to do you in the mean time and start using it for your transactions. Curve has a go back in time feature where you can change the card you paid with, so when you get your cdc card you can load it up and charge the old transactions to claim the cashback. If you need a referral drop me a pm, we'll both get a fiver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Around six week but that was in early 2020.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

The crypto.com card? If so yes I've had ruby and upgraded to indigo last year it took about 8 weeks.

You should get a Curve card to do you in the mean time and start using it for your transactions. Curve has a go back in time feature where you can change the card you paid with, so when you get your cdc card you can load it up and charge the old transactions to claim the cashback. If you need a referral drop me a pm, we'll both get a fiver

Adding to this, I haven’t experienced it myself but I think nowadays CDC are issuing a virtual card while you are waiting for the physical one.

So you can make online purchases and presumably if you have a Curve card you czn use it as a proxy to make payment with the CDC card in physical locations.

Bob24 wrote: »
    Adding to this, I haven’t experienced it myself but I think nowadays CDC are issuing a virtual card while you are waiting for the physical one.

So you can make online purchases and presumably if you have a Curve card you czn use it as a proxy to make payment with the CDC card in physical locations.

Yeah it was announced, along with Apple/Google pay. I don't remember it being implemented though, maybe I missed it.

We put everything through Curve, my wife uses the physical card, I use it with Google pay, about 1500-2k to get cashback on :D

Yeah it was announced, along with Apple/Google pay. I don't remember it being implemented though, maybe I missed it.

We put everything through Curve, my wife uses the physical card, I use it with Google pay, about 1500-2k to get cashback on :D

Virtual cards are available but only in Europe: https://blog.crypto.com/virtual-cards-are-now-available-in-europe/

Apple/Google Pay is only the the US.

• Advertisement

Got mine very recently. CDC give you a virtual card that cannot do PoS purchases, but if you just add the virtual card to curve, you can pay by tapping your phone. So you can use it straight away via curve. Curve cards takes less than 2 weeks to arrive if you want something physical quickly. I'm not even bothering getting CDC card yet as I will upgrade in the future and it costs 50 quid to get a new physical card.

Got mine very recently. CDC give you a virtual card that cannot do PoS purchases, but if you just add the virtual card to curve, you can pay by tapping your phone. So you can use it straight away via curve. Curve cards takes less than 2 weeks to arrive if you want something physical quickly. I'm not even bothering getting CDC card yet as I will upgrade in the future and it costs 50 quid to get a new physical card.

Correction, you cannot tap Curve, you need to add it to Google/Apple pay

Guys - I'm sorry if this has been asked before but where do I stake BNB to increase cashback on the binance card. Is the Spot Wallet where it's meant to be or do I put it on the card?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

CRO message to say its been shipped
    Must have seen my post here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭patnor1011

FGR wrote: »
    Guys - I'm sorry if this has been asked before but where do I stake BNB to increase cashback on the binance card. Is the Spot Wallet where it's meant to be or do I put it on the card?

Thanks

Nowhere in particular. You just have to have some on your balance in binance account. Does not matter if it is in spot wallet or pay wallet. I do have majority in spot wallet and only some in pay wallet.

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Nowhere in particular. You just have to have some on your balance in binance account. Does not matter if it is in spot wallet or pay wallet. I do have majority in spot wallet and only some in pay wallet.

I just started getting cashback today even though my average for 30 days is 0.25 and it sounds like it's due to what you've said. Thank you for that. :)

Also tempted to get an indigo card from CDC now. The perks are fantastic, but it's one hell of an amount of CRO to stake.

FGR wrote: »
    I just started getting cashback today even though my average for 30 days is 0.25 and it sounds like it's due to what you've said. Thank you for that. :)

Also tempted to get an indigo card from CDC now. The perks are fantastic, but it's one hell of an amount of CRO to stake.
    There are certain places you can't have your BNB. A liquidity pool, a loan, and some other areas.
    Baisically you can have it stake or siting in your spot account. It takes an hourly snapshot and then averages the day. Then it averages the month. I'm watching my average go up slowly even though i staked enough about a week ago.

Do any of you guys see the 0.9% fee they claim they can levy if they want. Do they actually charge that? Bit of a game changer if they don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Cant say really as even though I do have enough cashback percentage to cover that fee I actually never used binance card for anything other than admiring it from time to time. Seems like it is not worth it, last few weeks anyway after elon induced fud. I will wait till waters calm bit more I do have more fun trying to increase bnb holdings by spot trading but I am not very successful at that. It appears I should rent my trading skills to someone since every time I decide to buy price drop even further and when I sell price shoot to the moon. Maybe just bad luck but seems like pretty consistent streak of it so maybe someone can make money going against my trades :) I can accept small percentage - lets call it bad luck commission. :D

• Advertisement

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Cant say really as even though I do have enough cashback percentage to cover that fee I actually never used binance card for anything other than admiring it from time to time. Seems like it is not worth it, last few weeks anyway after elon induced fud. I will wait till waters calm bit more I do have more fun trying to increase bnb holdings by spot trading but I am not very successful at that. It appears I should rent my trading skills to someone since every time I decide to buy price drop even further and when I sell price shoot to the moon. Maybe just bad luck but seems like pretty consistent streak of it so maybe someone can make money going against my trades :) I can accept small percentage - lets call it bad luck commission. :D
    I have the same problem, and will charge less.
    The cashback is a good way to DCA into BNB. Your going to be spending the money anyway.
    And there is gonna be another quarter burn in a month or so.

Advertisement