Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crypto debit cards latest?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

If you stake CRO for 3 months and then withdraw it do you receive 16%?

Interests are paid weekly, and after 3 months you will have received 4% of your principle (a quarte elf the 16% annualised rate).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Bob24 wrote: »
    Interests are paid weekly, and after 3 months you will have received 4% of your principle (a quarte elf the 16% annualised rate).

Will you receive the remaining 12% if you withdraw after 3 months or just receive the 4%.

I'm trying to decide who to use between Crypto.com and Nexo.io for passive income.

Nexo have an offer where you earn 25% on your assets if you keep 10% of your Assets(either Fiat or Crypto) in Nexo Tokens. You also receive dividends on the Tokens.
    https://support.nexo.io/hc/en-us/articles/360014458579-How-to-earn-25-more-on-my-idle-assets-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Will you receive the remaining 12% if you withdraw after 3 months or just receive the 4%.

You'll get 16% if you reinvest again for the full year but after each 3 months you'll have more to reinvest

You'll get 16% if you reinvest again for the full year but after each 3 months you'll have more to reinvest

Has the CRO price been stable? 16% is a great return if the price could be relied on.

Has the CRO price been stable? 16% is a great return if the price could be relied on.

It's rising at a major rate all the time
    519549.jpg

• Advertisement

It's rising at a major rate all the time
    519549.jpg

Thanks for posting the chart. I hadn't expected it to be doing so well as most coins have stalled.

I mentioned CRO in the “getting excited” thread a few times before but no one ever picked up the conversation, somehow it seems to have been under most people’s radar even though it’s been rising strongly and steadily this whole year (besides a correction when bitcoin had a flash crash in March).

Its value really depends on the success and the good will of Crypto.com though (I suspect the token price is rising because they are increasing their user base and offering many benefits to coin holders using their large reserve of unreleased CROs giving an incentive to accumulate them, this will probably have to stop at some point).

I mentioned CRO in the “getting excited” thread a few times before but no one ever picked up the conversation, somehow it seems to have been under most people’s radar even though it’s been rising strongly and steadily this whole year (besides a correction when bitcoin had a flash crash in March).

Its value really depends on the success and the good will of Crypto.com though (I suspect the token price is rising because they are increasing their user base and offering many benefits to coin holders using their large reserve of unreleased CROs giving an incentive to accumulate them, this will probably have to stop at some point).

I'd be fearful of doing my plan with 6 month staking, 6 months is a long time

Depends on perspective and strategies I guess. For a HODLer it is a short timeframe, but for sure for a day trader it is like eternity.

(and of course once it is staked there is no escape door for the full 6 months in case things turn negative, so as with crypto trading people need to be able to stomach large loses on the staked amount, so being CRO or any token issued by a company offering benefits for staking it, I wouldn’t recommend anyone to lock in what they consider be a large sum of money).

Depends on perspective and strategies I guess. For a HODLer it is a short timeframe, but for sure for a day trader it is like eternity.

(and of course once it is staked there is no escape door for the full 6 months in case things turn negative, so as with crypto trading people need to be able to stomach large loses on the staked amount, so being CRO or any token issued by a company offering benefits for staking it, I wouldn’t recommend anyone to lock in what they consider be a large sum of money).

With the Flexible rate being 12% it might be the better option. I'm not clear from the attached table from the article below if staking is necessary for the Flexible plan.
    https://help.crypto.com/en/articles/2996965-crypto-earn-how-does-it-work

• Advertisement

No staking required for the flexible plan, you get 12% with 0 or 50 MCO staked for the card, get 14% with 500 MCO staked

With the Flexible rate being 12% it might be the better option. I'm not clear from the attached table from the article below if staking is necessary for the Flexible plan.
    https://help.crypto.com/en/articles/2996965-crypto-earn-how-does-it-work

On the other end, with staking on the exchange once the initial 6 months have passed you keep getting 20% and you can withdraw anytime.

I guess it depends on how much people are concerned about the whole thing collapsing in the next 6 months. But then if someone thinks it won’t sustain for even 6 months, is there really much interest in the yield? (interests are more if a long term game, as opposed to speculation)

No staking required for the flexible plan, you get 12% with 0 or 50 MCO staked for the card, get 14% with 500 MCO staked

Thanks, I'll go with the Flexible plan. I'll keep an eye on price after the Syndicate. Have you noticed an immediate drop in price after the Syndicate or does it stop gradually?

Thanks, I'll go with the Flexible plan. I'll keep an eye on price after the Syndicate. Have you noticed an immediate drop in price after the Syndicate or has it tended to drop gradually?

It usually drops the next day then slowly recovers over the next few days

Lads I'm trying to buy Link with the €44 I received for signing up but can't do so.

Does anyone know if this money can be used to trade with?

Lads I'm trying to buy Link with the €44 I received for signing up but can't do so.

Does anyone know if this money can be used to trade with?

The sign-up bonus you received is in MCO and there probably isn't an MCO/LINK trading pair. You might have to sell the MCO for euros first and then use the euros to buy LINK.

The sign-up bonus you received is in MCO and there probably isn't an MCO/LINK trading pair. You might have to sell the MCO for euros first and then use the euros to buy LINK.

Thanks, I might be better off putting the sign on bonus towards the stake for the Credit Card and buy the Link separately.

Thanks, I might be better off putting the sign on bonus towards the stake for the Credit Card and buy the Link separately.

Actually now that you mentioned the card I remembered there might be an other reason (the other one still is valid).

https://help.crypto.com/en/articles/3124990-bg50-referral-program
    Crypto.com wrote:
    Your referrals have to stake at least 50 MCO (MCO Visa Card Reservation) to unlock their sign-up bonus and for you to receive your referral bonus.

I had forgotten about this since I signed up a while ago, but your bonus MCOs are locked until you purchase an additional 50 MCOs and stake them.

Actually now that you mentioned the card I remembered there might be an other reason (the other one still is valid).

https://help.crypto.com/en/articles/3124990-bg50-referral-program

I had forgotten about this since I signed up a while ago, but your bonus MCOs are locked until you purchase an additional 50 MCOs and stake them.

Thanks for pointing that out. I was thinking of just getting the Basic Card because I don't use Spotify or Netflix but now I might go for the next tier that requires the stake of 50 MCO.

I just signed up to the exchange and they have a promotion that gives 2% bonus on your first Crypto Deposit.

Do you know if this Deposit must stay on the Exchange or can it be moved to the App? I've noticed that the MCO bonus does not show up in my account balance on the Exchange.

• Advertisement

Not sure about bonuses on the first exchange deposit, sorry.

Not sure about bonuses on the first exchange deposit, sorry.

I'll give them a shout on chat and post back here later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Took advantage of the Bonus on exchange deposit there to the maximum offered of 2%/5000CRO it automatically stakes onto your exchange account.
    Little perks like interest on exchange holdings and rebates on buy/sell fees are also a nice extra.

Can see myself moving more of my trading to this platform than my current main exchange(Kraken).

banie01 wrote: »
    Took advantage of the Bonus on exchange deposit there to the maximum offered of 2%/5000CRO it automatically stakes onto your exchange account.
    Little perks like interest on exchange holdings and rebates on buy/sell fees are also a nice extra.

Can see myself moving more of my trading to this platform than my current main exchange(Kraken).

I think the CRO bonus is automatically staked for 6 months. I presume from this that the Deposit must stay on the exchange also. Make sure to enable 2 Factor Authentication.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I think the CRO bonus is automatically staked for 6 months. I presume from this that the Deposit must stay on the exchange also. Make sure to enable 2 Factor Authentication.

Deposit is yours to with as you please. There are some trading requirements that "may" be enforced but I doubt it.
    Even if you dont meet those trading requirements, you still hae the benefit of the 6months even if they were subsume a portion of the bonus upon expiry.

As for 2FA, of course ;)

banie01 wrote: »
    Deposit is yours to with as you please. There are some trading requirements that "may" be enforced but I doubt it.
    Even if you dont meet those trading requirements, you still hae the benefit of the 6months even if they were subsume a portion of the bonus upon expiry.

As for 2FA, of course ;)

Is it better to keep the deposit on the App or the Exchange or does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

I believe they are separate wallets in that the 50 MCO I staked for the debit card does not appear as a balance in the exchange.

I am not using the exchange much and could miss something, but my understanding is that with the exception of having CROs on there for the various benefits it gives (20% interest, cheaper fees, access to syndicate events), there is little point in leaving anything on the exchange which you don't intend to trade in the near future.

Btw, maybe there should be a separate thread for Crypto.com? (recent questions aren't really related to the card)

Btw, maybe there should be a separate thread for Crypto.com? (recent questions aren't really related to the card)

Better a mod could rename the thread all things Crypto.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Better a mod could rename the thread all things Crypto.com

If someone is using another card they're free to post here I guess. I'd be interested if there is someone using another card that they actually think is better?

Crypto.com's product looks the best one out there at the moment. Have had both a Tenx (remember them? :) ) and Wirex card in the past and both had issues. Having said that, I've yet to actually receive mine!

Advertisement