Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crypto debit cards latest?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

I was going to but this is the debit cards thread. (Mine has not arrived, staked in June).

Shoot me a dm if interested about Pokket. I can do into more detail there.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Have been using the Crypto.com card along with Curve (and its go back in time feature). Must say, very impressed!.
    10% instant cashback when using Aldi/Lidl and 2% for everything else.

Are there other providers like this (the grocery 10% offer will cease in Sept.).

I was going to but this is the debit cards thread. (Mine has not arrived, staked in June).

Shoot me a dm if interested about Pokket. I can do into more detail there.
    thx Stormington, will check with you

On this point, how does the Crypto.com card conversions compare with revolut.
    Say if you are purchasing something from Amazon.co.uk, are you better off paying with revolut or with crypto.com card (includes the 2% cashback).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

suave.4u wrote: »
    On this point, how does the Crypto.com card conversions compare with revolut.

There is no markup so it should be more or less the same (up to a certain monthly amount depending on which tier you are on).

The annoying thing though is that the transaction history on Crypto.com doesn't actually show the euro converted amount (it only shows the amount in the original currency). So there is actually no easy way to check which exchange rates applied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

I've had the Ruby card for a week now and so far no major issues using the card. The PIN caught me on first use. I mistakenly assumed that the number I used on the App would be the PIN. Not the case.

I've a few concerns about the App. My biggest one is that once you've loaded money on the card, there appears to be no way to do anything with these funds except spend or withdraw from an ATM. Ideally I'd like to be able to move the balance between the card, FIAT wallet or back to my bank account. That doesn't appear to be there. I know that transfer of Crypto to the card is disabled for now, but surely moving FIAT around shouldn't be an issue.

Am I missing something?

As far as I know, you are correct and the money can’t be moved back.

It is a bit strange indeed, but I guess you can always withdraw it as cash or use the card to top-up a Revolut account (or equivalent) if you don’t want to spend it with the card anymore.

suave.4u wrote: »
    Have been using the Crypto.com card along with Curve (and its go back in time feature). Must say, very impressed!.
    10% instant cashback when using Aldi/Lidl and 2% for everything else.

Are there other providers like this (the grocery 10% offer will cease in Sept.).

I can see that offer being extended as so many people are waiting on cards to arrive.

Is that 10% cashback in MCO or CRO by the way?

I can see that offer being extended as so many people are waiting on cards to arrive.

Is that 10% cashback in MCO or CRO by the way?

MCO, paid instantly. You can then exchange it to Fiat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

anyone look into Swipe Visa Debit Card?

I've just downloaded the app and they pay up to 4% cash back on purchases

I've bought a small bit of their token $SXP. Got a good feeling this could take a big portion of the marketcap, its still relatively small, but as far as the app/card is concerned, to be paid up to 4% cashback on purchases is not to be sneezed at

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote: »

I've bought a small bit of their token $SXP. Got a good feeling this could take a big portion of the marketcap, its still relatively small, but as far as the app/card is concerned, to be paid up to 4% cashback on purchases is not to be sneezed at

just checked the website. 4% seems to be for the metal card.
    Any fees?

It's 4% cashback for 30k SXP and 1% for 0 sxp.

If they issue faster than Crypto.com they might clean up. Tempted to get one myself tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

So how do I get the Spotify subscription? I assume I need to register a Spotify account and pay with my Crypto.com card but how do I receive reimbursement?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

I haven’t delved into the fine print yet on fees etc

I wouldn’t be getting the slate card as 30,000 SXP is above my limit

But 1% is not too bad

I’d like to see an option to be able to transfer in crypto value into the wallet from cold storage rather than having to put cash in

el diablo wrote: »
    So how do I get the Spotify subscription? I assume I need to register a Spotify account and pay with my Crypto.com card but how do I receive reimbursement?

Everytime Spotify charges your card, the equivalent amount will be credited to your MCO wallet. Nothing else to do besides using the card to pay for your subscription.

Crypto.com $CRO market cap 3bn

Swipe $SXP market cap 115m

You gotta think if SWIPE gets a better market share they could potentially 5-6x from here

Started the verification process for the account

Very easy to transfer crypto in
    Up to 30 supporting crypto’s

This ones a no brainer for me

Crypto.com $CRO market cap 3bn

Swipe $SXP market cap 115m

You gotta think if SWIPE gets a better market share they could potentially 5-6x from here

Started the verification process for the account

Very easy to transfer crypto in
    Up to 30 supporting crypto’s

This ones a no brainer for me

Just to point out that CRO isn’t related to the cards though.

MCO which is the token related to the cards has a market cap of 65m USD.

Bob24 wrote: »
    MCO which is the token related to the cards has a market cap of 65m USD.
    And appears to be massively manipulated to keep the the price down.

I was about to sign up for a Swipe.io card and noticed there are referral links online. If someone here has one I'll use it.

Edit
    Just to point out that CRO isn’t related to the cards though.
    Is CRO not used for cashback for gift cards and vouchers you can buy through the app?

And appears to be massively manipulated to keep the the price down.

Can you explain why and how?

I don’t have a strong opinion on the matter, but it seems like it would be in CDC’s interest for the price to go up as they are still holding a large part of the supply.
    Is CRO not used for cashback for gift cards and vouchers you can buy through the app?

Yep, but that is using “Crypto Pay” which is a separate thing from the card (with Cryoto Pay they are trying to build a payment network based on their own blockchain). Basically MCO if for everything related to the card (and also to boost Crypto Earn interest rates), and CRO is for everything else (Crypto Pay, the exchange, the “syndicate”).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Big changes on Crypto.com, I've still not got my head fully around them!

It looks like they're killing MCO, making everyone convert their staked MCO to CRO at a fixed rate (+20% for early adopters) and start their 180day stake from scratch. Also the new CRO staking rates for the cards is much higher, anyone who had stacked 50% of the way to 500MCO is now 20% of the way after converting. It's a bit of a dickish move!

• Advertisement

Yes just saw that: https://blog.crypto.com/important-announcement-mco-swap/

But indeed in good crypto.com fashion it is over complex and hard to understand. The new CRO requirements for the card are higher (in euro value), so I am not sure what will happen for people who have the required MCOs to get the card but for which they won’t correspond to enough CROs.

Yeah I'm in that boat, I've 50MCO staked for a Ruby card that's issued but not shipped. I just converted the 50MCO and it says CRO staked now in the visa card tab so I'm sound. It's now a 5000CRO stake for Ruby from now on

Yeah I'm in that boat, I've 50MCO staked for a Ruby card that's issued but not shipped. I just converted the 50MCO and it says CRO staked now in the visa card tab so I'm sound. It's now a 5000CRO stake for Ruby from now on
    So if you got in with 50 CRO, you got in early and do not need to stake 5k CRO?
    Great.

Also, see above post about price manipulation.

So if you got in with 50 CRO, you got in early and do not need to stake 5k CRO?
    Great.

Also, see above post about price manipulation.

Yeah but I'm unsure do I need to stake 5k CRO to keep my benefits once my 6 months stake is up?

After doing some reading, *my understanding* is that:
    - anyone who had staked MCOs and converts them to CROs will keep their card benefits for as long as they don’t unstake (I.e. even though their staked CRO amount is lower than what the websites says is required, they don’t need to buy more to keep the benefits *as long as they don’t remove the staking*).
    - Crypto.com have a formula which sets the conversion rate of MCO to CRO in the app to 10% higher than what it was yesterday and are giving a 20% conversion “bonus”. So MCO just jumped 30% and is now effectively pegged to CRO based on the formula and the bonus as CDC are guaranteeing they will convert at this rate (until the beginning of September).
    - In November MCO will stop being supported by them. It will still exist on the Ethereum blockchain but will presumably become worthless.

Q: if I share a refer link to someone and they buy in before November, do they need to buy and stake 50 MCO for ruby, or 5k CRO?

Q: if I share a refer link to someone and they buy in before November, do they need to buy and stake 50 MCO for ruby, or 5k CRO?

Only CDC can give a definite answer I guess, but as far as I can tell they will need the 5000 CRO staking (I don’t think it’s even possible to buy MCOs in the App anymore, i think they are deliberately making very clear that they want to kill MCO ASAP and there is no point in holding onto it). Not sure in which token the referral bonus would be paid though ...

PS: btw the rumours you mentioned a few days ago about them manipulating the price of MCO downwards are about to gather more public attention in light of this change!

MCO doesn't seem to be available to buy anymore in the app

PS: btw the rumours you mentioned a few days ago about them manipulating the price of MCO downwards are about to gather more public attention in light of this change!
    No rumours on my side. Just observing what was in the price (charts).
    MCO doesn't seem to be available to buy anymore in the app
    That answers that.

Can you transfer in MCO from outside ?

• Advertisement

No rumours on my side. Just observing what was in the price (charts).

Because it goes down doesn’t mean there is manipulation though ... unless there is documented evidence it is a rumour.

Advertisement