Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find My Device software

Options
  • 26-02-2020 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭

Am going round and round looking for good find my device software, or locate my phone app, etc. All of them seem to have problems with their billing system or their accuracy. Has anyone got any suggestions for a good software to find my phone if I ever lose it, or it's stolen? I don't want a tracking app to keep an eye on my wife ;-) but something to go on the home computer (not going to loose that!) to locate either an Android (mine) or iPhone (OH). Will pay small amount per year for service, but not the 50 to 70 most apps charge.

Googles Find-My-Device looks ok (some reviews say its accuracy is poor).

Cerberus seems ok to.

Life360 is expensive.

Any tips? Any thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'd just stick with the google and apple provided services, to be honest. Doesn't matter what app you use, the accuracy is always going to be dependant on the phones signal, both GPS and cellular.

They also have the benefit of being free.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

CatInABox wrote: »
    They also have the benefit of being free.
    +1

google and apple know where your device is anyway. so you aren't leaking any more data. third party apps may not run on startup or become unsupported

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Thanks folks. Food for thought.

Advertisement