Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile network keep credit?

Options
  • 26-02-2020 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

I'm currently with GoMo and the €10 amount is good value but the coverage is so bad I can't even use much data where I live. I also have a modem with eir which is €10 a month. The data on that would probably be enough each month. Just wondering is there a plan with any of the mobile networks where you pay as you go and get to keep the credit or what would be the best? I would use very little credit anyway just the odd call or text. I know €10 with GoMo is very good value but the coverage is so crap for data and I make very few calls. I tried some of the price comparison websites but got nowhere. (I also have to pay for broadband in a shared house for the next for months so it all ads up)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,101 ✭✭✭✭elperello

zeebre12 wrote: »
    I'm currently with GoMo and the €10 amount is good value but the coverage is so bad I can't even use much data where I live. I also have a modem with eir which is €10 a month. The data on that would probably be enough each month. Just wondering is there a plan with any of the mobile networks where you pay as you go and get to keep the credit or what would be the best? I would use very little credit anyway just the odd call or text. I know €10 with GoMo is very good value but the coverage is so crap for data and I make very few calls. I tried some of the price comparison websites but got nowhere. (I also have to pay for broadband in a shared house for the next for months so it all ads up)

I have an old non smart spare phone that I only top up every six months for €10 with Vodaphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭zeebre12

elperello wrote: »
    I have an old non smart spare phone that I only top up every six months for €10 with Vodaphone.

So you top up with €10 and keep the credit? Do you get any offer for the €10 every few months or just top up with the €10?

zeebre12 wrote: »
    So you top up with €10 and keep the credit? Do you get any offer for the €10 every few months or just top up with the €10?

After six months you can't make calls or text but can receive.

You just buy €10 and off you go.

I don't know how much is on it now last time I checked it was about €30.

Checked this am about €43 credit on it.

Advertisement