Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda keeps giving my phone number out and not there own.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

If people are frequently calling the OPs number by mistake and giving out their own personal information without confirming they have connected to the correct phone perhaps the telecom company or regulartor could remove his number for the pool and give him a new one.
    Does someone have a legal right to keep their own number? Who owns it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

tuxy wrote: »
    If people are frequently calling the OPs number by mistake and giving out their own personal information without confirming they have connected to the correct phone perhaps the telecom company or regulartor could remove his number for the pool and give him a new one.
    Does someone have a legal right to keep their own number? Who owns it?

AFAIK the telecom companies are licensed by the state which retains numbers as an asset. I still see no reason for OP to change his number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

prinzeugen wrote: »
    08X +++ +++=
    ForestFire wrote: »
    I'll post this again because not really sure op and others are getting it.

OP confirmed his number is as below.

08X +++ +++=

OP also has no direct evidence that he shared on this thread that the garda is giving the ops number out, except for the large amount of calls he receives.

So let's say his number is as below to make it easier to understand.

087 888 8889

Now if the gardas number is any of the below, it is easy for the average intelligent public to make mistakes.

Garda number--087 888 8895 (last digit could be any number)
    Mistake- 087 888 88895 (last digit ignored when dialling)

Garda number - 085 888 8889
    Mistake - 087 888 8889 (087 prefix habit with some people)

In fact with the high number of repeating 8's, in this example, mistakes are even easier than if you had a complex number.

Also some more possibilities below with spaces removed for extra confusion.

OP - 0877777776
    G - 0877777767

OP - 0871111112
    G - 0871111121

this is exactly what happens. I know this because i get the same. for some reason the OP seems to keep dismissing this possibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

this is exactly what happens. I know this because i get the same. for some reason the OP seems to keep dismissing this possibility.

It seemslike he has some issue with An Garda Siochan. So if he can like this to them he will.

People dial the wrong number all the time. When it's a very simple number you can be sure people make that mistake far more frequently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Closing this
    Anyone concerned may go to DPC

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement