Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you travel? [Mod Note in Post #1 - Travel Discussion Only! Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

alwald wrote: »
    You actually offer advice not to travel in Ireland as staycation is a rip off based on your last trip in 1996, or 1997...maybe 2019 who knows at this stage :D.

Nope that's not advice, it was my personal opinion that it's a rip off. Feel free to counter my opinion if you wish just don't misrepresent what I said. You took the time to find my post and make a snide comment surely you remember the year I mentioned? Anyway you gave the post number easy for you to refresh your memory. You have a good night lad, you shouldn't get so upset on an internet forum. Very strange behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Nope that's not advice, it was my personal opinion that it's a rip off. Feel free to counter my opinion if you wish just don't misrepresent what I said. You took the time to find my post and make a snide comment surely you remember the year I mentioned? Anyway you gave the post number easy for you to refresh your memory. You have a good night lad, you shouldn't get so upset on an internet forum. Very strange behaviour.

You are advising people not to holiday in Ireland as it's a rip off, that much I am sure of. You try to enforce your message by picking a random date in the 90s as your last staycation and you were called on it :D. No need to get angry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

You are advising people not to holiday in Ireland as it's a rip off, that much I am sure of. You try to enforce your message by picking a random date in the 90s as your last staycation and you were called on it :D. No need to get angry.

Called on it? Jaysus you have a high opinion of your own nonsense. Again I will repeat I offered my opinion based on my experience. As I said challenge what I said but you seem to have a personal issue with me for some reason, which I can't fathom. So i 'm going to ignore you now and request you don't PM me as you did before. I reported that PM I'd rather not have to do so again. Good night. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Called on it? Jaysus you have a high opinion of your own nonsense. Again I will repeat I offered my opinion based on my experience. As I said challenge what I said but you seem to have a personal issue with me for some reason, which I can't fathom. So i 'm going to ignore you now and request you don't PM me as you did before. I reported that PM I'd rather not have to do so again. Good night. ;-)

Yes you were called on it and I quoted both messages with different years. I have no issues whether you like staycation or not but I found it odd that you are using random years.
    This is not the first time you are called on discrepancies. Good night too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭WashYourHands

Yes you were called on it and I quoted both messages with different years. I have no issues whether you like staycation or not but I found it odd that you are using random years.

Why are you PM'ing people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I would like to point out that two consecutive numbers could never be considered "random", they are by nature ordered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

Everyone deserves a break. To suggest some are allowed to holiday but others aren't is absurd.

Not what I suggested. But the Advice to public servants (who make up a good proportion of the front line workers) does suggest this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I didn't wear a mask whilst on the plane for a number of hours and I miraculously survived.

How lucky I was!

Aren't they supposed to be mandatory?

hes too cool for skool dont ya know

he takes it off after boarding. keeps a bottle of water to pretend hes drinking then claims falsely in my opion, that its a medical decision.also doesnt understand the concept of why you are asked to wear a mask on a plane it seems as his evidence that its nonsense if the fact that HE didnt get sick from the people around him that were wearing masks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Does anybody know what the situation is for somebody who lives with someone coming back from a non-greenelist country? The traveller will have to self Isolate for 14 days as per the recommendations. Will I have to do so also? Logically you might say it would be the same isolation period for anybody in that house, but I can't see any official guideline on the matter. Does anybody here know?

Nate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

End of the 5th month of my interaction with COVID, so far done 78 flights and about 130 hours in airplanes, haven’t died yet.

And guess what, we dont have HEPA filters, just relatively rapid air replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,962 ✭✭✭✭josip

smurfjed wrote: »
    End of the 5th month of my interaction with COVID, so far done 78 flights and about 130 hours in airplanes, haven’t died yet.

And guess what, we dont have HEPA filters, just relatively rapid air replacement.

Hello Biggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

They’re not going to turn the plane around if you take it off

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

You can remove your mask to eat. Some people eat all the time. Trail mix anyone.

When i say remove I mean have it around the neck/chin.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Does anybody know what the situation is for somebody who lives with someone coming back from a non-greenelist country? The traveller will have to self Isolate for 14 days as per the recommendations. Will I have to do so also? Logically you might say it would be the same isolation period for anybody in that house, but I can't see any official guideline on the matter. Does anybody here know?

Nate

Nothing official but try not to interact with family/housemates and wash hands regularly

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Nate

Glory holes were invented during the Spanish flue so thats an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 skyway

Has anyone here flown back from Spain in the past couple of weeks? Just wondering what the numbers are like on the flights seeing as the inevitable quarantine awaits once you arrive in Ireland. I am due to fly back from Malaga next week (not from holidays, I live here). Aer Lingus pulled their flights so I had to book with Ryanair instead.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,871 ✭✭✭billyhead

skyway wrote: »
    Has anyone here flown back from Spain in the past couple of weeks? Just wondering what the numbers are like on the flights seeing as the inevitable quarantine awaits once you arrive in Ireland. I am due to fly back from Malaga next week (not from holidays, I live here). Aer Lingus pulled their flights so I had to book with Ryanair instead.

Thanks.

I am due to fly with Aer Lingus to Spain in early September and the flights is sold out. It wasn't up to 2 weeks ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,638 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

skyway wrote: »

Thanks.

I’m here a while but I’m hearing Dublin flights are relatively busy and regional ones less so

Are aer lingus flying to Spain? It’s confusing with them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,638 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Update from Spain. Things stabilised in the north. Lleida and Barcelona have loosened some of the restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Anyone have any info on flights to the South of France, head there next week and wondering if the planes are full or not..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 439 ✭✭FutureTeashock

Anyone have any info on flights to the South of France, head there next week and wondering if the planes are full or not..

I just looked at the prices and it would appear the flights are far from full.

The fact France isn't on the "green list" is probably the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

That's not the point.

If a person is able to wear a mask but decides not to do so on the plane for whatever stupid reason they may have, thereby potentially risking the health of other passengers and staff, then that person is an asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Actually you'd be surprised. Airlines have many powers to deal with disruptive passengers including landing the plane as an emergency in the nearest airport and having the local police remove you from the flight.

thelad95 wrote: »
    Actually you'd be surprised. Airlines have many powers to deal with disruptive passengers including landing the plane as an emergency in the nearest airport and having the local police remove you from the flight.

You are permitted to eat and drink on the plane.

There is no time limit placed on these activities, so if you have a bottle of water nearby, there is nothing the TDs can do about it.

Many experts have stated explicitly that masks don't work.

I'm being guided by the science on this, not withstanding the flip flopping that took place over at the WHO.

You are permitted to eat and drink on the plane.

There is no time limit placed on these activities, so if you have a bottle of water nearby, there is nothing the TDs can do about it.

Many experts have stated explicitly that masks don't work.

I'm being guided by the science on this, not withstanding the flip flopping that took place over at the WHO.

If you look back at my posting history you'll see that I'm as pro-travel as anyone else here.
    But anyone that doesn't wear their mask while on the plane because they didn't feel like it is a complete and utter .

josip wrote: »
    If you look back at my posting history you'll see that I'm as pro-travel as anyone else here.
    But anyone that doesn't wear their mask while on the plane because they didn't feel like it is a complete and utter .

You better add goggles to your shopping list, because the more you go alone with this crap, the more they'll add.

Dr. Fauci recommends wearing goggles to prevent catching the coronavirus

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dr-fauci-recommends-wearing-goggles-to-prevent-catching-the-coronavirus-2020-07-29

You better add goggles to your shopping list, because the more you go alone with this crap, the more they'll add.

Dr. Fauci recommends wearing goggles to prevent catching the coronavirus

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dr-fauci-recommends-wearing-goggles-to-prevent-catching-the-coronavirus-2020-07-29

If you read the article you'd know that what he said were responses to specific questions and nothing like the Click Bait title that you just copy and pasted.

Dr. Jennifer Ashton, the Disney-owned DIS, -0.66% news network’s chief medical correspondent, asked Fauci whether he could see shielding the eyes being recommended at some point.

Anyone who doesn’t were a mask on a plane is just a whining baby and needs to just grow up. Simple as. I travel plenty (Rome next up) and it’s really not a big deal

Anyone that claims to be ‘listening to the science’ as a basis for not wearing masks, actually means that they are selectively listening to the outlying scientist who takes the contrary view on masks, which is what they want to hear. Same individual who probably gets their news from 4chan

• Advertisement

josip wrote: »
    If you read the article you'd know that what he said were responses to specific questions and nothing like the Click Bait title that you just copy and pasted.

From another source:
    "If you have goggles or an eye shield, you should use it," the nation's top infectious disease expert told ABC News Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Jennifer Ashton during an Instagram Live conversation on ABC News

https://abcnews.go.com/US/dr-fauci-wear-goggles-eye-shields-prevent-spread/story?id=72059055

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement