Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you travel? [Mod Note in Post #1 - Travel Discussion Only! Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

MadYaker wrote: »
    There isn't going to be mandatory quarantine for citizens travelling to France from Ireland as far as I know. If you want to avoid the 2 week quarantine coming home just fly back into belfast. Thats what I'm looking at doing.

How will they ever police this quarantine? They won't

There'll be as many "quarentines" as there were "lockdowns" in Ireland

We're far, far too laid back in this country. And our cases per capita reflect that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It'll be like the social distancing and staying at home. Most people will just do it. Though maybe that won't be the case going forward as most people are so sick of it by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,369 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Can you not order one if your existing is still valid but out in 6 months?

Validity of the card passport only lasts as long as the full passport in existence when you apply.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    How will they ever police this quarantine? They won't

There'll be as many "quarentines" as there were "lockdowns" in Ireland

We're far, far too laid back in this country. And our cases per capita reflect that

I’m trying to tell my girlfriend that. Unfortunately she just has it engrained in her brain to be a do-gooder by law and abides by everythingwere told on the news. Her company - a very small one, are saying she possibly will need to self isolate (maybe ) If she goes to Portugal with me at the end of June on holiday. I reckon they’re bull****ting as they couldn’t do without her for 2 weeks.

I’m self employed so it’s ok for me to say, quarantine won’t affect me at all.

Realistically - no one is going to call to the house or anytbing . You’d be unlucky if caught

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

biko wrote: »
    Besides, when restrictions lift everyone should stay in Ireland and holiday.
    Spend your money locally people, help Ireland back on track!

Let me guess, all those Wexford etc locals that were practically spitting at Dublin people for spending the restricted period in their own holiday homes are now more than happy to take their money again?
    Will there not be food shortages?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

MadYaker wrote: »
    There isn't going to be mandatory quarantine for citizens travelling to France from Ireland as far as I know. If you want to avoid the 2 week quarantine coming home just fly back into belfast. Thats what I'm looking at doing.

I was thinking of that too, I wonder would it work?

Depends on how the British authorities in Belfast impose the quarantine, and if they do, if there are any flights going in there Southern Europe. If that is a loophole, a lot of Southerners are going to try it out....

fisgon wrote: »
    I was thinking of that too, I wonder would it work?

Depends on how the British authorities in Belfast impose the quarantine, and if they do, if there are any flights going in there Southern Europe. If that is a loophole, a lot of Southerners are going to try it out....

It won't be necessary, no one is going to enforce anything here or up North

It won't be necessary, no one is going to enforce anything here or up North

Not now. Not yet. It really depends on what happens as the restrictions are relaxed.

People seem to forget that the virus hasn't been beaten, and that we could see something far worse occur than what's gone before. Considering that China relaxed their restrictions, and had a city explode with 8k new infections, we might see something similar happen here or in the UK/Europe. It's simply too early to be talking about what won't happen. It could happen, and such a quarantine could be enforced, if not increased in scope. Early days yet.

Not now. Not yet. It really depends on what happens as the restrictions are relaxed.

People seem to forget that the virus hasn't been beaten, and that we could see something far worse occur than what's gone before. Considering that China relaxed their restrictions, and had a city explode with 8k new infections, we might see something similar happen here or in the UK/Europe. It's simply too early to be talking about what won't happen. It could happen, and such a quarantine could be enforced, if not increased in scope. Early days yet.

Hang on a second, there absolutely was not 8k new infections. A city of 8k was lockdowned while they do contact tracing after a small cluster of 5 cases was found. https://m.timesofindia.com/world/china/chinese-officials-have-quarantined-8000-people-in-the-countrys-northeast/articleshow/75796051.cms

5 v 8k.. pretty critical difference there.

Hang on a second, there absolutely was not 8k new infections. A city of 8k was lockdowned while they do contact tracing after a small cluster of 5 cases was found. https://m.timesofindia.com/world/china/chinese-officials-have-quarantined-8000-people-in-the-countrys-northeast/articleshow/75796051.cms

5 v 8k.. pretty critical difference there.

Fair enough. My mistake. (My memory has become kinda dodgy during this period, while out of work) The point stands though. It's still early days regarding this virus and what may happen once restrictions are relaxed.

• Advertisement

No country yet has experienced a 2nd wave , there is so much fear monger about this and it’s based on nothing ! Fear is crippling people............point proved when someone says 8K contacted it when a Chinese city opened rather than the correct amount of 5 citizens.

No country yet has experienced a 2nd wave , there is so much fear monger about this and it’s based on nothing ! Fear is crippling people............point proved when someone says 8K contacted it when a Chinese city opened rather than the correct amount of 5 citizens.

You kinda have to make the point before someone says something like that... for it to be proven.

I made a mistake. Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

I find this mad. Supposed to fly in July 4th.
    Flights are still planning to go ahead, but no passports as office closed since March. Passport expires at end of June.

Camp we going to has emailed to say they not open die to recent confirmation of new cases.

Allianz travel have said they don't cover anything to do with covid.. what is the point of travel insurance if not for this type of issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

When did you purchase the travel insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I find this mad. Supposed to fly in July 4th.
    Flights are still planning to go ahead, but no passports as office closed since March. Passport expires at end of June.

Camp we going to has emailed to say they not open die to recent confirmation of new cases.

Allianz travel have said they don't cover anything to do with covid.. what is the point of travel insurance if not for this type of issue

When did you take our the insurance policy?

When did you take our the insurance policy?

In December

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

In December

What's their reasoning?
    Surely in December COVID was mainly unknown so you couldn't have foreseen any of this?

Get their reasoning in writing and then get on to the insurance ombudsman.
    https://www.fspo.ie/

In December

Then there was nothing specific to Covid in the policy (they're all adding exclusions now).

Therefore it depends on the actual policy and they're all different. What did they say they're not covering exactly?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Are travel insurance companies not using the small print which relates to pandemics to not pay out.

• Advertisement

Anyone else getting a constant notification for this thread even after they've read all the latest posts?

i was for a while. it's gone now.

i was for a while. it's gone now.

Same. Gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just flown 21 flights in the last month, so i can truthfully say that I will continue to travel :)

smurfjed wrote: »
    Just flown 21 flights in the last month, so i can truthfully say that I will continue to travel :)

Wow

Could you give us an overview of your experiences?

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Wow

Could you give us an overview of your experiences?

Pilots tend to fly a lot.

Pilots tend to fly a lot.

:pac:

My first caffeine hit hadn't kicked in yet

It'd still be great to read their airport experience. Pilots need to go through security checks etc too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Pilots need to go through security checks etc too
    only thing new is lots of temperature checks.

Then there was nothing specific to Covid in the policy (they're all adding exclusions now).

Therefore it depends on the actual policy and they're all different. What did they say they're not covering exactly?

We can't fly, no passports plus uncertain about the flights, medically..
    .they say they don't support as it is under general exclusion policy

• Advertisement

We can't fly, no passports plus uncertain about the flights, medically..
    .they say they don't support as it is under general exclusion policy

Apparently the passport office is processing passports according to other threads so you should be able to get passports. Insurance would never have covered you for not having valid passports anyway.

Your problem would appear to be that your flights haven't been cancelled and the country you're flying to will be open to tourists? Then you're probably in trouble somewhere in the fine print.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement