Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you travel? [Mod Note in Post #1 - Travel Discussion Only! Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,806 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Beanybabog wrote: »
    We’re due to travel Friday. Can only move Irish ferries to 2021 up to the 18th but also have to give 72 hours notice- so if they change it on the 18th given France won’t make the green list I’ve no time to change anyway. I feel rubbish about the whole thing. I don’t want to stay and lose €€ but also, I’m nervous about going, not due to the virus but more lockdowns, travel disruption etc. Top it all off with the social pressure and judgment it’s a horrible start to a holiday. (And before anyone asks we’re going to restrict movements 14 days after and have been fully upfront with work etc)
    I personally would have moved it to 2021, when you had the chance.
    I was due to go on honeymoon in April to Italy, so had to move it to next year.

Your lucky your work is ok with it, I know my place definitely wouldn't be.

I am afraid your just going to have to suck up the social pressure and judgement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

I never had the chance to move it it that’s the point- only up to 18th can move

Beanybabog wrote: »
    I never had the chance to move it it that’s the point- only up to 18th can move
    I thought I saw adverts for irish ferries saying they would let people move to 2021 for free (like aer lingus etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,585 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gael23 wrote: »
    How stupid can you be?

Who me or Cawley :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who me or Cawley :confused:

Cawley. Should have made that clearer😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

ecoli3136 wrote: »
    If you're asking by the way, I cancelled in tine for a refund.

I suspected as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Stay home, save lives...unless you are a politician - go on your vacations to Italy, just make sure you don't get caught, and laugh at the chained peasants back home as they sit at home obediently and willingly re-elect you to power.

The_Brood wrote: »
    Stay home, save lives...unless you are a politician - go on your vacations to Italy, just make sure you don't get caught, and laugh at the chained peasants back home as they sit at home obediently and willingly re-elect you to power.
    The guy from failte Ireland isn't a politician...or are you talking about someone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Infection rate now 22 per 100k. We can look forward to a much longer green list

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭VG31

It may not be much longer. Germany, the UK, Slovenia and Liechtenstein should be added. Austria is also a possibility.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

gmisk wrote: »
    The guy from failte Ireland isn't a politician...or are you talking about someone else?

He is a political appointee though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

mikekerry wrote: »
    Why will next year be better?

Exactly. It will be the same shyte next year , the year after etc etc. The fingers will still be wagging...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Highly doubt it. How will they justify adding more countries when the situation has worsened?

He is a political appointee though.
    That person said it was a politician. I was just pointing out he wasn't.
    He also resigned pretty much immediately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Exactly. It will be the same shyte next year , the year after etc etc. The fingers will still be wagging...

As long as people engage in moronic selfish behaviour the "finger wagging" will be completely justified.

As long as people engage in moronic selfish behaviour the "finger wagging" will be completely justified.

Well they can keep wagging because eventually people won’t give a ****. You keep wagging and twitching the curtains, be my guest.

People have family abroad.

Well they can keep wagging because eventually people won’t give a ****. You keep wagging and twitching the curtains, be my guest.

People have family abroad.

Be assured I will pal.

Be assured I will pal.

But it will get you nowhere lol

But it will get you nowhere lol

We will see.

We will see.
    Go back on the thread a few posts, lots of people travelling, has your sore pointless wagging finger done much good so far?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0816/1159430-coronavirus-ireland/

Direct quote from same article:

The chairman of the Special Committee on Covid-19 Response has said Ireland is taking a more restrictive approach to international travel because of the lack of capacity in our health services.

Michael McNamara said the lack of capacity in the health service has been evident since the 1980s and as hospitals here are expecting an overrun this winter, the Government is imposing much stricter and draconian travel restrictions on our citizens than any other country in Europe.

He also said "we are entering a period of hysteria" as more cases are detected, despite the fact the same is happening in most other countries.

He said he sees "no scientific or evidential basis for what is being done" in relation to pub closures and individual county restrictions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Anyone been to Greece lately-asking for a friend obviously.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,804 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I have a wedding I need to attend in early-mid September. I'm at the stage now where I have to book flights in the very near future. It was 2 but I've been uninvited from one due to size restrictions.

As I understand it, at the moment I have to self-quarantine for 2 weeks. It looks like I have to get a form before travel and fill it out with the details of where I'll be staying for the 2 weeks. Is this still the case? I come from a very remote part of the country so being stuck inside for 2 weeks is quite an unappealing prospect. If I have to do it then I have to do it, I'm just wondering if there's a workaround.

It's been suggested that I travel via NI but apparently, that's frowned upon. I asked here before weeks back. Just wondering if things had changed.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

gmisk wrote: »
    I thought I saw adverts for irish ferries saying they would let people move to 2021 for free (like aer lingus etc)

If you’re travel date is up to the 18th august they’ll
    Give you credit for 2021. Travel dates 19th August to 31st August can be moved to a later date in 2020 only

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭StefanFal

The European bloc is closed to American visitors at the moment.

Does anyone know if its possible to fly from US to Dublin and then onwards into Europe? Stockholm specifically.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭facehugger99

And completely ignored by anyone with a shred of sense.

And completely ignored by anyone with a shred of sense.

What you really meant to say was completely ignored by those with not the slightest shred of common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Anyone been to Greece lately-asking for a friend obviously.

Yea, what dya want to know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

I have a wedding I need to attend in early-mid September. I'm at the stage now where I have to book flights in the very near future. It was 2 but I've been uninvited from one due to size restrictions.
    As I understand it, at the moment I have to self-quarantine for 2 weeks. It looks like I have to get a form before travel and fill it out with the details of where I'll be staying for the 2 weeks. Is this still the case? I come from a very remote part of the country so being stuck inside for 2 weeks is quite an unappealing prospect. If I have to do it then I have to do it, I'm just wondering if there's a workaround.
    It's been suggested that I travel via NI but apparently, that's frowned upon. I asked here before weeks back. Just wondering if things had changed.

Where's the wedding, Brazil... U.S?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement