Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you travel? [Mod Note in Post #1 - Travel Discussion Only! Megathread]

Options

Comments

gral6 wrote: »
    Going into Kildare is more dangerous now than walking around New York. If Kildare people enter Dublin they should be forced to quarantine for 2 weeks.

Had the same argument with a lad in work, from Kildare.

But yet I'm being told to quarantine after being in a covid free area of Spain. (No longer free but was during my visit)

sm3ar wrote: »
    Are there people policing mask wearing in Dublin airport?

No, I don’t think that it’s actually a legal requirement to wear one. But the vast majority of people are wearing masks. The people that don’t kind of stand out and look like tools

No, I don’t think that it’s actually a legal requirement to wear one. But the vast majority of people are wearing masks

It falls under the airport byelaws. Fine for not complying. Seen airport police and Gardai tell people to put them on

It falls under the airport byelaws. Fine for not complying. Seen airport police and Gardai tell people to put them on

I’ve only been flying out of T2 over recent weeks. I’m guessing that T1 is much more crowded and probably less mask wearing. I’ve never seen any airport security intervention in T2 re masks, but there again it’s rare to see someone without one

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭sm3ar

I’ve only been flying out of T2 over recent weeks. I’m guessing that T1 is much more crowded and probably less mask wearing. I’ve never seen any airport security intervention in T2 re masks, but there again it’s rare to see someone without one

What about on the flights themselves? Have you seen anyone boarding without?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Grueller Baby

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Which part? Lisbon and Porto are definitely places I'll check whenever I get to Portugal

Hows the social distancing, masks and things in general of feeling safe?

Villamoura.

You have to wear masks indoors (shops etc) but not outdoors. For restaurants you need to wear a mask until you are sat at your table but then you can take it off. The bigger shops/supermarkets are strict on hand sanatizing as you walk in the door.

I don't feel any less safe this year compared to previous years.

I thought t2 was still a ghost town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

I flew in last Sunday and it is a ghost town. No taxis or buses stopping there, all only stop at T1. Nothing was open when we came through arrivals, again had to go to T1. I think T2 is transatlantic and other non-EU destinations flights isn't it? That might explain why.

I'm restricting my movements in the less populated West of Ireland this week and I've noticed quite a few northerners and some Asians tipping about. It's scarily quiet though, no bustling tourist activity like there normally would be. I feel very sorry for the local businesses here reliant on international tourism.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I wonder when NPHET vendetta against holidays will end?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I reckon their plan is to leave the list as it is, say as little as possible about it and hope nobody asks too many questions

It's not often I'm right about anything, so quoting my own post about the green list in order to bask in my own smugness.

• Advertisement

It is quiet, but not a ghost town. Aer Lingus to UK and EU, as well as transatlantic and Emirates still go from t2. there’s never queues for security, but the food hall is open (probably closes early)

It’s altogether a very pleasant experience actually. Wish it were like this all the time!

sm3ar wrote: »
    What about on the flights themselves? Have you seen anyone boarding without?

I have not. And my experience on Aer Lingus is that everyone keeps them on. I flew Ryanair once and it was a ****show in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

It's not often I'm right about anything, so quoting my own post about the green list in order to bask in my own smugness.

They have a secret plan to control the borders.

I have not. And my experience on Aer Lingus is that everyone keeps them on. I flew Ryanair once and it was a ****show in comparison

6 Ryanair flights over the summer and high degree of compliance with masks.

6 Ryanair flights over the summer and high degree of compliance with masks.

I flew with them early on, when I think they were still trying to work out their protocols. Glad that they have got better. I’ll still be sticking with T2 flights wherever I can though

I flew with them early on, when I think they were still trying to work out their protocols. Glad that they have got better. I’ll still be sticking with T2 flights wherever I can though

Probably me too at this stage as I have to go to green zone for work reasons and Aer Lingus has a better flexible policy for new flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭gral6

Gael23 wrote: »

Never. They want you to stay in your house for the rest of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

None of the committee were allowed get away so therefore why should anybody else be allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Why?
    They have a secret plan to control the borders.

Probably me too at this stage as I have to go to green zone for work reasons and Aer Lingus has a better flexible policy for new flights.

You’re right that Aer Lingus’ flexible booking policy is very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Yes as long as there isn’t a huge price difference with EI next summer I’ll be going with them for the flexible booking. I’ll view it as a sort of insurance policy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Yes as long as there isn’t a huge price difference with EI next summer I’ll be going with them for the flexible booking. I’ll view it as a sort of insurance policy

You think Aer Lingus will still be around next summer????

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭gral6

Tazz T wrote: »
    You think Aer Lingus will still be around next summer????

With current attitude of Irish gov, by next summer, we'll have no aviation left at all. I am hopeful that current gov will not last long before there is irreversible damage to all aspects of our economy though

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Grueller Baby

On my flight yesterday there was announcements by Ryanair at the start to say that you need to ring the call bell to ask to use the toilet to try and avoid queues. Within 10 minutes of the drinks trolley coming around that went out the window and it was move as you please.

That said though, the mask adherence was very good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

gral6 wrote: »
    With current attitude of Irish gov, by next summer, we'll have no aviation left at all. I am hopeful that current gov will not last long before there is irreversible damage to all aspects of our economy though

It’s already happening in the U.K. easyJet have closed their base at Stansted and Newcastle along with some other locations.

Only a matter of time before AL and Ryanair have to make fundamental changes to their business

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

On my flight yesterday there was announcements by Ryanair at the start to say that you need to ring the call bell to ask to use the toilet to try and avoid queues. Within 10 minutes of the drinks trolley coming around that went out the window and it was move as you please.

That said though, the mask adherence was very good.

Was similar on my flights to/from Italy a few weeks ago. Can't blame the Ryanair staff for idiots not listening to the announcements. Made me wonder what would happen on a Ryanair flight if there was a genuine emergency given that some idiots on the flights either don't listen or think they know better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

faceman wrote: »
    It’s already happening in the U.K. easyJet have closed their base at Stansted and Newcastle along with some other locations.

Only a matter of time before AL and Ryanair have to make fundamental changes to their business

No economy is more important than one life remember.

No economy is more important than one life remember.

Wont somebody think about the executioner's?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭dasdog

Watching a stage of Tour de France from Nice today was torture. I'm normally on Google Maps satellite view at this time of the year looking for interesting places to visit near my upcoming destinations and the longing I had to go to Cote d'Azur today...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12538133/every-passenger-tui-zante-cardiff-isolate-coronavirus/
    hope the trip was worth it, probably a few muppets who got round wearing a mask by having a drink caused this. But there will be people defending them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement