Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you travel? [Mod Note in Post #1 - Travel Discussion Only! Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Cool

I would absolutely make sure I had a job first though and make sure you have it in writing that you now have a work visa etc

The last thing you want is to be locked out of Malaysia and inside Ireland

Yeah your work visa is a big, whole page of passport job so will try get it before I leave.

If I can't get back to KL will go to where my job is based in Koh Phanagan until I get back into Malaysia.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Gervais08 wrote: »
    I’m due to travel for a 5 day break in a week - in the last week I’ve lost my father.

I am happy and prepared to isolate for two weeks on my return and wear whatever is requested of me.

It’s essential for my continuing mental health that I go - I can’t handle one more setback of any kind.

I’m travelling.

Sorry for your loss and enjoy your holiday. Essential in my eyes for your health.

I’m due to travel for a 5 day break in a week - in the last week I’ve lost my father.

I am happy and prepared to isolate for two weeks on my return and wear whatever is requested of me.

It’s essential for my continuing mental health that I go - I can’t handle one more setback of any kind.

I’m travelling.

So sorry to hear you lost your dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Is there a list of countries in Europe that you do not have to quarantine coming from Ireland?
    Apologies if asked already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Witchie wrote: »
    Yeah your work visa is a big, whole page of passport job so will try get it before I leave.

If I can't get back to KL will go to where my job is based in Koh Phanagan until I get back into Malaysia.

Thailand has blocked all tourists too though

• Advertisement

Thailand has blocked all tourists too though

But I can get a work permit there. Was actually meant to move there last January but decided to stay in KL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

I’m travelling.

Sorry for your loss.

Don't give not going a second thought. You're better off out of here anyway.

Witchie wrote: »
    But I can get a work permit there. Was actually meant to move there last January but decided to stay in KL.

Ah ok. That's excellent

Great that you have options to escape Ireland again

I'm climbing the walls today and thinking the same

To where though? Maybe Spain? Some areas have a tenth of Ireland's positivity rate

Going to start with London as still have a share in a flat there, which is currently empty, and then maybe spend some time in Bristol where I was brought up for a few years (which is a great city to visit if anyone hasn’t done so). And then probably Valencia, where I’ve spent a good bit of time over the last few years, and a place where I would not mind being stuck should Spain impose tighter restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 48 galtsdrift

Advice, please. Am I able to drop someone from the south to Belfast Airport on Wednesday? They need to get home to their family before the lockdown and Belfast will get them to London

I have southern plates on my car too

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

galtsdrift wrote: »
    Advice, please. Am I able to drop someone from the south to Belfast Airport on Wednesday? They need to get home to their family before the lockdown and Belfast will get them to London

I have southern plates on my car too

Can't they fly from Dublin?

But I think you'd be fine anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

And I see where they started rapid antigen tests at Heathrow Airport this morning. You do the test even before you check in, which makes sense. So they are doing these tests at airports all around Europe, but not in Ireland. And there is no real expenditure required by the Irish government, as the fee for these tests should cover the costs.

The Irish government are so behind the curve in this pandemic fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Kivaro wrote: »
    And I see where they started rapid antigen tests at Heathrow Airport this morning. You do the test even before you check in, which makes sense. So they are doing these tests at airports all around Europe, but not in Ireland. And there is no real expenditure required by the Irish government, as the fee for these tests should cover the costs.

The Irish government are so behind the curve in this pandemic fight.

Not only are they behind the curve on setting up the testing , they’re also behind the curve on recognition of passengers negative pcr test results.
    They expect you to quarantine 14 days no matter what the result of the test. Entire thing seems fishy to me

• Registered Users Posts: 19 galway_cowboy

We've had enough. Off to the Canaries in December. Definitely heading somewhere in mid to late Jan and Feb too.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

RobitTV wrote: »
    Six weeks of lockdown - Tenerife here I come!

Everyone should book somewhere and get the hell out of this madness.

Can someone please confirm to me again that the Bus Eireann services will still be running to Dublin Airport?

Spoke to my Dad this morning, they've been there 2 days now. VERY quiet, but they are loving it, after last night he's asked me to price up to stay another 2 weeks.
    It seems all islands apart from Tenerife were stepped down from the highest level of restrictions* over the weekend- Tenerife will remain at the highest level until at least the 23rd.

(*restaurants cafes take away only amongst other things)

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Spoke to my Dad this morning, they've been there 2 days now. VERY quiet, but they are loving it, after last night he's asked me to price up to stay another 2 weeks.
    It seems all islands apart from Tenerife were stepped down from the highest level of restrictions* over the weekend- Tenerife will remain at the highest level until at least the 23rd.

Thanks for the information very helpful :)

Can you ask your Dad when you are next speaking to him what time do the bars currently close at?

I wonder if the Tenerife regional Government will end some of the restrictions when the review it on the 23rd of October. I will keep my eyes peeled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Only two more weeks?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Looks like the government is making penal provisions for the 5km thing which is going to make it very difficult for peeps to get to the airport without justifiable reasons. I’m travelling this weekend but I’ve proof of travel for work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

faceman wrote: »
    Looks like the government is making penal provisions for the 5km thing which is going to make it very difficult for peeps to get to the airport without justifiable reasons. I’m travelling this weekend but I’ve proof of travel for work

Show them your boarding pass, say you're off on a flight, that's all that's required..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Good times huh!!

Well I travelled home to see my folks, and I don't regret it. Otherwise, who knows when I would see them again. I'll be heading back on Friday, and God help me, if anybody tried to over-question me on the travel, I'd go through them for a shortcut.

People are getting pìssed off with this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Looks like it will be a €60 fine but no prosecution.

Looks like it will be a €60 fine but no prosecution.

For?

You can just say you're visiting a grave.

A boarding pass or a ferry ticket would be a justifiable reason. You wont have to justify the international travel. You've always been able to travel to and from the airport, even under first lockdown with the 2km limit

I'm heading off by car, on the Holyhead ferry, at the weekend

For?

Breaching 5km radius

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭fawlty682

Good luck to anyone who can leave the country for an extended period. There will be another few Level 5 periods unless a miracle happens. We used to be scared by these type of laws in Communist countries.

Let's say you book a flight to Spain and you live more then 5Km away from Dublin airport

That's illegal now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Level 5 'lockdown' has made me feel like getting away even more in November.

Anyone else thinking the same and any idea where you are thinking?

Doom and gloom of Ireland for the next 6 weeks would make anyone go insane.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement