Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you travel? [Mod Note in Post #1 - Travel Discussion Only! Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

For some reason from today Germany have designated:

Midlands, South-West and West regions of Ireland as 'not risk' areas.
    For the rest of the country there are still entry restrictions

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Risikogebiete_neu.html

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭gerogerigegege

Switzerland is open to Ireland too. Thinking of going to Basel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Buttons45

Does anyone know if 2 peoples details can be entered into 1 Spth app to getc2 separate QR codes? Or is a hard copy of the form acceptable on arrival in Spain2 people Travelling and only 1 smart phone

Buttons45 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if 2 peoples details can be entered into 1 Spth app to getc2 separate QR codes? Or is a hard copy of the form acceptable on arrival in Spain2 people Travelling and only 1 smart phone

Open the app and try. I know you can add kids but I never tried another adult

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Nice but very expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I just got back from a week in the Costa del Sol, Spain this week, amazingly I never went there despite all the package tourism and mass marketing. You need a negative PCR test to enter now but I just got in a few days before that started, honestly it did me the world of good, I rented a car with my partner and we drove around for a week, despite the local regional restrictions we never met a checkpoint, everything closed at 6pm, thermal cameras at Malaga airport and a contract tracing QR code to be scanned. In comparison to Ireland the bureaucratic quarantine form which is ignored by immigration and so easy to fake, no temperature tests or anything taken.

I never saw the attraction of this part of the world previously as it was normally chock full of Chavs and undesirables but now its a ghost town and the weather was perfect, albeit not exactly hot but it did wonders for my own mental health and my relationship with my partner. I got stuck into cleaning and organizing the house this morning as I'm stuck here the next 2 weeks although I plan to try get a Covid19 test after 10 days which should be complete by day 12-14. My parents are very vulnerable so I'm taking precautions before going to see them in 2 weeks.

The app wasn't working for me or my partner in either iOS or Android last week, maybe it is fixed now. I did it in Firefox on the PC and printed the QR sheet. You need a PCR test to enter Spain now, I know a guy who went in yesterday with a negative test 24 hrs before in Ireland and the Spanish didn't accept it and told him it was fake, he had paid €150 for that and had to be retested again in Spain.

theguzman wrote: »
    I just got back from a week in the Costa del Sol, Spain this week, amazingly I never went there despite all the package tourism and mass marketing. You need a negative PCR test to enter now but I just got in a few days before that started, honestly it did me the world of good, I rented a car with my partner and we drove around for a week, despite the local regional restrictions we never met a checkpoint, everything closed at 6pm, thermal cameras at Malaga airport and a contract tracing QR code to be scanned. In comparison to Ireland the bureaucratic quarantine form which is ignored by immigration and so easy to fake, no temperature tests or anything taken.

I never saw the attraction of this part of the world previously as it was normally chock full of Chavs and undesirables but now its a ghost town and the weather was perfect, albeit not exactly hot but it did wonders for my own mental health and my relationship with my partner. I got stuck into cleaning and organizing the house this morning as I'm stuck here the next 2 weeks although I plan to try get a Covid19 test after 10 days which should be complete by day 12-14. My parents are very vulnerable so I'm taking precautions before going to see them in 2 weeks.

From Monday you don’t need a PCR test to get into Spain from Ireland.

Is this due to our Orange status?

• Advertisement

Is this due to our Orange status?

Yes

Yes

Good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

any link? am going to lanzarote 6 dec

Thats a little late isnt it? Is it not once the map is updated ie 10 days ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

agoodpunt wrote: »

The Canaries have their own rules. If you're staying in tourist accommodation you need to present a negative test result taken within 72 hours of departure from Ireland.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,627 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Unfortunately it’s one form per adult

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

We were there St Patricks week for their 1st lockdown and police all over the place. Passed more police cars on the way back to airport then normal cars but didnt get stoped. My parents are down there since a few weeks ago till next spring and are finding the 6pm thing a pain in the ass. Could be some bargains on holiday rentals down there next summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

We were due to go to the Christmas markets in Basel but we're not now as the markets been cancelled so there was no point. TBH I think it'd be a bit miserable going thinking about all that's been cancelled so next year hopefully!!

Thats a little late isnt it? Is it not once the map is updated ie 10 days ago?

Seems they only update their list every 2 weeks.
    The list from Monday will be valid until 13th December

agoodpunt wrote: »

Click there on list valid from 30th November

https://www.mscbs.gob.es/en/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov/spth.htm

Not sure if it applies to the Canaries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

For some reason from today Germany have designated:

Midlands, South-West and West regions of Ireland as 'not risk' areas.
    For the rest of the country there are still entry restrictions

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Risikogebiete_neu.html

Do we have any more information on this? Can someone fly from Cork (via another country) and get in without quarantine?

FrStone wrote: »
    Do we have any more information on this? Can someone fly from Cork (via another country) and get in without quarantine?

I really have no idea. Your best bet might be to call the German Embassy in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 jsoc

I really have no idea. Your best bet might be to call the German Embassy in Ireland?

I'm checking https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de/#/ -> input Ireland
    and choose the region you 'visited'. If choose a region on this list you'll find it's still high risk..i.e. Dublin..but I wonder who breaks Ireland down into these regions?
    The HSE? And how does this relate to the https://reopen.europa.eu/en map? 🀔

jsoc wrote: »
    I'm checking https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de/#/ -> input Ireland
    and choose the region you 'visited'. If choose a region on this list you'll find it's still high risk..i.e. Dublin..but I wonder who breaks Ireland down into these regions?
    The HSE? And how does this relate to the https://reopen.europa.eu/en map? 🀔

Found a different map at the bottom of https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea
    That shows how Ireland is divided up
    I figure the numbers come from the daily updates on https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/surveillance/covid-1914-dayepidemiologyreports/
    and Ireland is divided into CHOs (Community Healthcare Organisation) -> https://www.ncn.ie/index.php/healthy-ireland-smart-start/cho-areas (is this still current/correct?)
    So for me Dublin is in HSO9 , while Cork looks to be in HSO4
    To answer the earlier question I think if you are Cork you don't have to quarantine but you do if you are from Dublin...but you'd need to explain the HSE/CHOs etc to a German border official? ;-)

Found a different map at the bottom of https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea
    That shows how Ireland is divided up
    I figure the numbers come from the daily updates on https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/surveillance/covid-1914-dayepidemiologyreports/
    and Ireland is divided into CHOs (Community Healthcare Organisation) -> https://www.ncn.ie/index.php/healthy-ireland-smart-start/cho-areas (is this still current/correct?)
    So for me Dublin is in HSO9 , while Cork looks to be in HSO4
    To answer the earlier question I think if you are Cork you don't have to quarantine but you do if you are from Dublin...but you'd need to explain the HSE/CHOs etc to a German border official? ;-)

Jesus wept but this remains awful messy

Jesus wept but this remains awful messy

I re-read what I posted above (my attempt at trying to understand the regions ) and tbh I'm still confused... :-(

I re-read what I posted above (my attempt at trying to understand the regions ) and tbh I'm still confused... :-(

and then theres Spain and its 'kinda' based on the EU map system but has Ireland on its test needed list until tomorrow and not on it until 13th December even though we went orange 2 weeks ago. Odd but then, might suit for travel over Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

Dublin to UK and then UK to Dublin....

I'm assuming the Dub to UK leg will be fine, but the UK to Dublin leg, you'll need to fill out all the forms and self isolate..

correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭gerogerigegege

Where from Dublin is the least amount of hassle to get to and from.
    I can't move outside of Cork until the 18th. Might be better to just wait until January 😔

• Advertisement

arccosh wrote: »
    Dublin to UK and then UK to Dublin....

I'm assuming the Dub to UK leg will be fine, but the UK to Dublin leg, you'll need to fill out all the forms and self isolate..

correct?

Simple locator form either side

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement