Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you travel? [Mod Note in Post #1 - Travel Discussion Only! Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭1123heavy

arccosh wrote: »
    Dublin to UK and then UK to Dublin....

I'm assuming the Dub to UK leg will be fine, but the UK to Dublin leg, you'll need to fill out all the forms and self isolate..

correct?

No not correct, isolation is not mandatory in the ROI, it is advised only and citizens are requested to be cautious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

What are people doing re holidays next summer?...i have to put down holidays for next year already, have booked july....is it safe to book flights accommodation in spain for next july ??....will it surely be ok at that point as in we are all vaccinated etc ?...or will next year be another staycation year?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

LuasSimon wrote: »
    What are people doing re holidays next summer?...i have to put down holidays for next year already, have booked july....is it safe to book flights accommodation in spain for next july ??....will it surely be ok at that point as in we are all vaccinated etc ?...or will next year be another staycation year?

Hold on until i grab my crystal ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I’d be pretty confident, I’ve trips to the Canaries booked for June & September, I’d expect the masks, even on the beach while moving around & on the streets & in shops to be still in force along with social distancing etc to be still the norm though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭SB71

Simple locator form either side

you dont need to fill out any fiorms at all arriving into the UK from Dublin unless this has changed in the last few weeks,i have flew from Dublin to the UK a good few times and just walk through as normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

I have Italy booked for the June weekend ,Canaries for July and Portugal for August
    Once I hit mid Feb I will be booking San Diego for Christmas
    I will be going on them all either way
    Missed out on too much this year already
    I would not depend on the HSE to roll out the vaccine properly and in a timely fashion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Depends a lot on vaccine dispersal and where you're going to. Third wave looks set to be over by end of April latest and that should be weakened further by vaccine rollout. If that's efficient then the third wave might be just a little bump in the road. I'm planning on Crete again then which is already orange and they're on a really strict lockdown until 14th Dec. Vaccine is being rolled out there in Jan. I'm confident both Ireland and Crete will be green sometime in April but it depends what travel restrictions our government puts in place before then. Would hate to see mandatory testing or that vaccination passport in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

I have Costa Brava booked for June and Costa Blanca for August. I fully expect to go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

I see Boots in Ireland are now offering covid testing, but it's only in seven stores across the country and as per usual no store was chosen in the South East region, which would be so handy for me as I'm going to Lanzarote in January :rolleyes: (€139 euro cost)

Randox Clinic are opening new locations, but they haven't selected anywhere in the South East at the moment. It's just such a shame.

It's such a pain that I will have to travel to Dublin, Cork or Limerick to get a test and use public transport to get there. It just defeats the whole purpose, because you will be trying to stay extra secure to make sure you get a negative test result before your holiday. I will be on a bus / train for over two hours with countless other people to get a covid test done.

And then I will have to waste money on transport costs to get to my destination for the test. Then travel to Dublin Airport on the bus 48 hours later :pac:

I hope Boots or Randox start expanding quickly. How can they not have one single testing location in a region with a population of around 580,000 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

The Guardian are reporting this morning that Cyprus will let vaccinated people in without a PCR test requirement.
    Cyprus to waive test requirement for vaccinated visitors

The government in Cyprus has approved a plan that will allow visitors who have proof they have been vaccinated against coronavirus to enter the country without a negative PCR test.

Cyprus’s move is the latest indication that life could become much easier for those who choose to be vaccinated, despite reassurances from governments and experts that vaccinations will not be mandatory.

The measure was included in an amended action plan for a resumption of flights into the country. According to the Cyprus Mail, the Cypriot cabinet approved the plan on Thursday. The paper reported:

According to the plan, presented by Transport Minister Yiannis Karousos, which will enter into force on March 1, 2021, people who have been vaccinated against Covid-19 will not have to present negative PCR test certificate upon their arrival.

This was inevitable, but at least it makes Cyprus a place to go once the vaccine is in me!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/dec/04/coronavirus-live-news-biden-to-ask-americans-to-wear-masks-for-100-days-as-global-deaths-pass-15m?page=with:block-5fca02d98f08b46221a1aafb#block-5fca02d98f08b46221a1aafb

• Advertisement

You don't currently need a PCR test to enter Spain from Ireland, you need to keep an eye on the list of countries that do, which may change every two weeks

https://www.catalannews.com/covid-19/item/spain-updates-list-of-countries-from-which-arrivals-need-a-negative-pcr-test

Actually looking at the dfa.ie site it says that a negitive test result is required for the Canary Islands but it doesn't mention PCR specifically so maybe an antigen test is acceptable, not sure

https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/spain/

Yeah, edited my post, thanks

You don't currently need a PCR test to enter Spain from Ireland, you need to keep an eye on the list of countries that do, which may change every two weeks

https://www.catalannews.com/covid-19/item/spain-updates-list-of-countries-from-which-arrivals-need-a-negative-pcr-test

Actually looking at the dfa.ie site it says that a negitive test result is required for the Canary Islands but it doesn't mention PCR specifically so maybe an antigen test is acceptable, not sure

https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/spain/

https://nitravelnews.com/news/the-canary-islands-require-negative-covid-test-for-tourists/

The Government of the Canary Islands have announced that, in order to stem the spread of Covid, and keep holidaymakers on the islands safe, all tourists over six years of age, must now complete a COVID-19 PCR or antigen test before arriving in the holiday hotspot.

The test must be certified by health authorities within a maximum period of 72 hours prior to arrival and must certify that the individual has tested negative and is not a transmitter of COVID-19 in order to access tourist accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭talulon

I'm flying to Lanzarote this Sunday and I had a COVID test this morning in randox at Dublin airport. No hassle at all, getting results by email tomorrow, 99EURO.

talulon wrote: »
    I'm flying to Lanzarote this Sunday and I had a COVID test this morning in randox at Dublin airport. No hassle at all, getting results by email tomorrow, 99EURO.

Is that test certified by the health authorities
    Let us know how you get on when you come back
    Be interesting to know the procedure in the canaries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭SB71

Let us know how you get on, enjoy your jolliers :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,066 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

brisan wrote: »
    Is that test certified by the health authorities
    Let us know how you get on when you come back
    Be interesting to know the procedure in the canaries

I fly next Saturday (to Greece) and I have a test appointment on Thursday.
    My understanding (though I could be wrong) is that Randox provides some sort of travel certificate - I think that's the reason that when you book an appointment you have to select travel test (they have another option on their site called private test).
    I will also let the thread know about my experience with them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I’ve had a few people use the Randox Clinics to get the travel cert and no issue at all. You get the results the next day and the cert they provide is accepted everywhere.

I’ve had a few people use the Randox Clinics to get the travel cert and no issue at all. You get the results the next day and the cert they provide is accepted everywhere.

Do you print off the cert or do they give it to you pre printed

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Santan

RobitTV wrote: »
    I see Boots in Ireland are now offering covid testing, but it's only in seven stores across the country and as per usual no store was chosen in the South East region, which would be so handy for me as I'm going to Lanzarote in January :rolleyes: (€139 euro cost)

As far as I know, as it stands no test is needed to go to lanzarote from Ireland with the European traffic light system. Also they announced from today pcr test is not necessary and you can get the antigen test over there for approx €35. Some doctors may charge a little more but it will be around that.

• Advertisement

Santan wrote: »
    As far as I know, as it stands no test is needed to go to lanzarote from Ireland with the European traffic light system. Also they announced from today pcr test is not necessary and you can get the antigen test over there for approx €35. Some doctors may charge a little more but it will be around that.

Have you a link to that information?

Do you print off the cert or do they give it to you pre printed

I've heard it's preferable if you print it off.
    You get your cert in a PDF from their website and have to download it.

Have you a link to that information?

I have been looking, and it seems that there is huge confusion and fighting with the canarian government and Spanish government and the details keep getting changed every few days. I do know I spoke to a guy I know who has a bar there in the old town. He collected friends from the airport, brought them to the hotel, dropped off the luggage and then went and got the antigen tests for I think he said €35, but not 100% on the price but it was not 100's, got the results and that was perfect for the hotel. The antigen tests are issued into law from today I believe.

Yeah I think I was wrong about no testing, I think it was no quarantine coming from an orange area, which lanzarote is, with the negative test

This is from the Spanish government, can't really get more official than this but it seems to be kept silent for some reason. It says that until 13th of December when the next review comes in, these are the countries that must provide a negative test upon arrival in anywhere in Spain, which included in is the canarias. Ireland is not there

Ireland 'South East' was added to Germany's 'no restrictions' list today alongside
    Midlands, South-West, West which were added last week

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Risikogebiete_neu.html

I am not sure exactly what metrics they are using but i suspect it might be below 100/100k/14 days (as of a few days before the weekly list is published).

Dublin dropped below 100/100k/14 days a few days ago and if I'm right it'll e added to the German list next week.

Will report back.

This is from the Spanish government, can't really get more official than this but it seems to be kept silent for some reason. It says that until 13th of December when the next review comes in, these are the countries that must provide a negative test upon arrival in anywhere in Spain, which included in is the canarias. Ireland is not there

The list from the 13th-27th will be out already next Thursday AFAIK.

The list from the 13th-27th will be out already next Thursday AFAIK.

Possibly, but can't understand why it's not made much more publicly aware if you can travel with out having to test

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KnicksInSix

Looks like the Randox testing is reliable for delivering results back on time? Supposed to be flying to Italy on the 19th and we need negative Covid19 tests. Half thinking of not bothering but my MIL will have an absolute melter...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Has the Irish Government ever changed the rule about taking two weeks annual leave for civil service employees for isolating after returning to Ireland from a foreign country? Surely the instant test eliminated this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

had already book a test flying tomorrow to canaries email from Ryanair states pcr test not required coming from the republic of ireland as of the 30/11
    hotel requires it on checkin so might as well have it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement