Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you travel? [Mod Note in Post #1 - Travel Discussion Only! Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

RobitTV wrote: »
    I think public execution would be more suitable.

Now that's a bit extreme

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

TobyHolmes wrote: »
    government or media?

Both, they are making a scapegoat out of both Nationalities.

Primetime: "The vast majority didn't want to talk to us and they didn't want to be identified"

Oh the cheek of those passengers! they should of been identified and sent off to the local Garda station for questioning.

'Guess what prime Time, maybe some of those evil passeners live in Lanzarote and were flying home to see sick relatives of to attend a funeral'

Im appalled at how things are turning out, how people are turning on people, and trying to shame them.
    Getting a bang of Chinese Cultural Revolution off it, shaming and denouncing people :(

( ok, I know thats over the top, but...)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

I think public execution would be more suitable.

Surely burning at the stake

I mean they are witches right.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,665 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

agoodpunt wrote: »
    in lanzarote atm, has been a big spike in the last couple of weeks just like ireland locals know it spread in family gatherings at there homes over the festive season tourists obeying curfews and parsial lockdowns street very quite few about, masking and social distancing complaince visible feel very safe.
    Lots of politiical grandstanding on banning travel what next shackles? nobody is deliberatly spreading, this is a padmemic we have to live through it all life cannot stop.
    RTE flying the flag for complete social annihilation through this pandemic bunch of hipocrites should have been reprimanded for the party of a recent departing colleague

Must be rare craic altogether there that you logged onto boards.ie though. That's usually the first thing I do meself when I'm off having a great time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Northernlily

agoodpunt wrote: »
    in lanzarote atm, has been a big spike in the last couple of weeks just like ireland locals know it spread in family gatherings at there homes over the festive season tourists obeying curfews and parsial lockdowns street very quite few about, masking and social distancing complaince visible feel very safe.
    Lots of politiical grandstanding on banning travel what next shackles? nobody is deliberatly spreading, this is a padmemic we have to live through it all life cannot stop.
    RTE flying the flag for complete social annihilation through this pandemic bunch of hipocrites should have been reprimanded for the party of a recent departing colleague

Actually thats a good point.

Miriam may shut the **** up purposely trying to rile up people.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

TobyHolmes wrote: »
    they are not public figures but ordinary citizens - it would be disgraceful if they were identified w/o consent

It’s gas that presumably those people had been away for the last couple of weeks during which time a frenzy of political and media lead ire towards travel was orchestrated. Very convenient that the blatant mis-handling of almost every other aspect of the governments handling of Covid related policy. Including not bringing testing for travel before Christmas when it would have actually saved lives.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

The things you buy in your local Tesco, even if you order online, were on the back of a lorry at one stage. If you want the lorries to stop, sure just stop buying food and medicines etc. :cool:

Then if everyone stops buying anything, we won't need the lorry driver to drive their trucks and sure they can all go off on their holliers to Lanzarote. Problem solved and society saved.

No you miss my point. We can’t stop this virus unless we all stay at home until mid 2022

Focusing on a few travellers is just a distraction, what they do is irelevant

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Skipduke

Wouldn’t be flying out to Lanza now, weathers too miserable. Dubai is more appropriate. Bitta shopping, beach, going for dinners. Ah lads, you’d miss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

There was one or two spoke coming off the Lanzarote flight , one tall red haired & sunburnt bloke from what i recall. The other bloke was on about the pubs closing on the dot of six . Little did they realise how famous they will be for all the wrong reasons.

• Advertisement

LuasSimon wrote: »
    There was one or two spoke coming off the Lanzarote flight , one tall red haired & sunburnt bloke from what i recall. The other bloke was on about the pubs closing on the dot of six . Little did they realise how famous they will be for all the wrong reasons.

Reeling in the Years in ten years time.

He will nailed to the cross. Lovely tan though. Must’ve been out there a while.

BoatMad wrote: »
    No you miss my point. We can’t stop this virus unless we all stay at home until mid 2022

Focusing on a few travellers is just a distraction, what they do is irelevant

They have to keep control on it though. There are people who will always abide by restrictions. Then there are people who will do whatever regardless. The majority of people fall in the middle and those are the ones who abide by them, but get fed up or lax over time and need reminding.

So by reminding them, you are simply keeping the violations down and keeping those numbers low.

Skipduke wrote: »
    Wouldn’t be flying out to Lanza now, weathers too miserable. Dubai is more appropriate. Bitta shopping, beach, going for dinners. Ah lads, you’d miss it.

Dubai is a great place, spent many a day over there, even at 51c I loved every minute, one minute you are interacting with Russians, next some Filipinos and I had the most enjoyable taxi ride with an Iranian man another day. Getting an Indian head massage daily. Dubai is a bit like visiting a dozen or more countries all in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭TobyHolmes

Jake1 wrote: »
    'Guess what prime Time, maybe some of those evil passeners live in Lanzarote and were flying home to see sick relatives of to attend a funeral'

Im appalled at how things are turning out, how people are turning on people, and trying to shame them.
    Getting a bang of Chinese Cultural Revolution off it, shaming and denouncing people :(

( ok, I know thats over the top, but...)

it all started somewhere though didnt it -and it starts with people naming and shaming their neighbours- scary

What happened to regional lockdowns? do we all have to be prosecuted for a fews sins

BoatMad wrote: »

Mid 2022? 18 months away? NZ managed to beat the virus in 6 weeks, there's no reason we can't

You'd have to feel sorry for him in fairness.

Not for breaking restrictions and being embarrassed on the telly - he deserves that. But for being a ginger

Id say we can throw our hat at Summer Holidays abroad the way its going...be doing well to go to another county at this stage not to mind another country.

They have to keep control on it though. There are people who will always abide by restrictions. Then there are people who will do whatever regardless. The majority of people fall in the middle and those are the ones who abide by them, but get fed up or lax over time and need reminding.

So by reminding them, you are simply keeping the violations down and keeping those numbers low.

Absolutely it’s a distraction to convince the public “ you are doing something “ because the real truth is far too harsh to tell you.

• Advertisement

Actually thats a good point.

Miriam may shut the **** up purposely trying to rile up people.

Miriam possibly believes that more more 'Lanzarotegate/Anything Covid related Gate, will push her very own 'Partygate' down the totoem pole in peoples minds.

Wrong , Miriam. We still remember.

Twitter is in overdrive about these people coming back from their holidays in lanzarote , those two blokes who spoke are getting some doing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

"Hey Miram, remember that time you got together with all of the RTE overpaid 'stars' and had a party with no social distancing or mask wearing and while the country was entering another brutal lockdown"

"Oh **** turn off the cameras, cut to the adverts"

Id say we can throw our hat at Summer Holidays abroad the way its going...be doing well to go to another county at this stage not to mind another country.

For this year yes, we're already planning 2022 somewhere warm and sunny

You'd have to feel sorry for him in fairness.

Not for breaking restrictions and being embarrassed on the telly - he deserves that. But for being a ginger

Brilliant, gave me a well need laugh Mr Trump:D:D

For this year yes, we're already planning 2022 somewhere warm and sunny

You buying a sun lamp for the garden shed !!

Lanzarote is now trending on Twitter. RTE have now riled up the audience and they are going on the attack.

Lanzarote is now trending on Twitter. RTE have now riled up the audience and they are going on the attack.

Well done RTE, distraction technique working well.

:(

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement