Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you travel? [Mod Note in Post #1 - Travel Discussion Only! Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,674 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I get the feeling Shane ross just is not bothered/asleep at the wheel due to his failure to get re elected

and all the while every day through dublin Shannon cork etc ppl with the virus are waltzing in and there goes our great isolation strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Lol at the backtracking. I hope you’re genuinely a bit ashamed of yourself for this guff. We need doctors and they answered the call for doctors to come help you and me and particularly to save our older and vulnerable relatives. And you call them “heroes”. They don’t call themselves heroes. You’re just being a nasty piece of work taking the p1ss out of people who are here to help you and all the old people who will desperately need medical help in the near future.

You have absolutely no idea when they intended to return to Ireland. You’re making that up and if you were being honest, you’d admit that. Shame on you. Shame, shame, shame.
    Same as that. Going to Kraków in 2 weeks. I couldn’t give A shyte about coronavirus. Greatest load of nonsense I’ve ever seen and I think it’s just a celebrity version of the flu.

If you have respiratory problems or are old or infirm, then think again. But if you’re young and healthy, go to Prague and have a nice time.

I’ve heard they drive like mad over in Eastern Europe so I’d keep an eye out for that as it’s a real concern.

Amazing how fast things change

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Heading with the wife and kids to Milan for the Patrick's weekend break. I've all booked and paid for so here's hoping theres no travel restrictions.

None of us are at risk so I'm not too worried to be honest.
    Ha! Words with HR :D

If someone wants to pay me to stay at home after my holiday they're more than welcome. I'd imagine you'll get short shrift if you were in pestering HR about this.
    Well I'm self-employed so that doesn't really apply to me.

But to be honest I'd be delighted with that. Head on my holidays and then get two further weeks off to "self-isolate". I'd bring the family on a second holiday while work paid me. Win-win.
    Well my flights were cancelled unfortunately. Insurance covered most of it.

It's actually worked out better for me as I left for Cheltenham yesterday afternoon (without the wife Nd kids). I'm feeling lucky today so I hope to make back any money lost on the nags.

Please don't talk about back pedalling without mentioning this poster. Same poster started a long thread the other night, his opening post now has more than 300 thanks, saying how fantastic Leo is and what an inspiration he is to the rest of us and should set an example to others. I asked him to comment on his do as I say not as I do attitude as displayed on these posts, but for some reasons, it did not suit him to do so?

Mr.S wrote: »
    All 2 flights arriving into Cork tomorrow?
    All 1 flight arriving into Shannon (Cargo) tomorrow?

As I said in my post earlier I’m ok with cargo flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

They current restrictions will expire next week, and presumably be extended. I wonder will the airlines and the rest of us get guidance for June. I've big plans for the end of June, don't mind postponing but would like to know if we're going to get the money back or a reschedule, sick of the limbo.

• Advertisement

I am leaning towards barring flights out til August September time but review it every week.

Have an expert group assembled and the review should be done by public health and epidemology experts overseen by Dr Tony Holohan.

The aviation industry should NOT have any influence on the issue.

If carriers go to the walls so be it. There are too many flights as it is but that is beside the point —Some things are simply more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,370 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

If we allow travel in then ppl with the virus can come in and infect previously “all clear” communities

I'm not sure there are any "all clear" communities any more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Has anyone got a refund from ryanair yet?i got a please bear with us email 10 days ago but nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Mr.S wrote: »
    Planes are arriving virtually empty. There are under 15 flights arriving into Dublin tomorrow. Do the math.

Not on my watch. It's MATHS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

While the numbers coming in might be small, their ability to further spread this virus could be significantly more than these numbers.
    Nobody should be travelling anywhere at the moment, in/out, and while maybe an outright ban is a bit far, I would think you should have to justify your travel into the country at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Has anyone got a refund from ryanair yet?i got a please bear with us email 10 days ago but nothing else.

I'm still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

In fairness to Ryanair (and every business at the moment), they do deserve a bit of slack for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Some real selfish braindead w*nkers in this thread
    Where ?

Most people I read are actually cancelling their trips ,..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Pleasantly surprised to see Ryanair have a clear 'refund' option button on the site for a cancelled flight I was due to take in May.

It might take a while due to backlog but at least they're not ****ing around and offering a straight refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

In fairness to Ryanair (and every business at the moment), they do deserve a bit of slack for now.

Exactly, I can imagine they have an enormous backlog of refunds to get through, people just need a bit of patience I'm sure all will get their refunds eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Pleasantly surprised to see Ryanair have a clear 'refund' option button on the site for a cancelled flight I was due to take in May.

It might take a while due to backlog but at least they're not ****ing around and offering a straight refund.

Totally agree with this.

I had two flights booked for this month. One with Ryanair, the other with Aer Lingus.

Found Ryanair very easy to deal with when it came to a refund (simply press the big refund button) whereas with Aer Lingus, it was several emails back and forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Ryanair are offering ,encouraging ,pushing a 12 month travel voucher on refund applicants instead of an actual refund.
    I can understand their point of view and where they are coming from but i want my refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,884 ✭✭✭sporina

Whats the story with travel insurance companies and C19 in general? Are they giving policy holders their money back for cancelled trips/flights/accommodation/tours etc?
    In general I mean..
    TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

You do realise that it is optional? If you don't want to fly, then take your own advice and "STAY THE **** AT HOME!".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Ridiculous post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

GazzaL wrote: »
    You do realise that it is optional? If you don't want to fly, then take your own advice and "STAY THE **** AT HOME!".

Or book 3 seats so nobody beside you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Ridiculous post.

OP has a point. Fully grown adults moaning to the media about being put at risk by the airline. Granted the airline should have taken measures towards distancing etc but I don't believe any cabin crew were holding guns to heads of said passengers. They knew the score, if they felt their health was at risk then don't get on the plane and then they would have grounds for complaint. Instead they travelled and then moaned about it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lets say one of them has Coronavirus and coughs sneezes or just wipes their nose with their hand and smears same across a seat rest, and then someone contracts Covid 19 and dies or spreads in among their family would you be cheering them then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Lets say one of them has Coronavirus and coughs sneezes or just wipes their nose with their hand and smears same across a seat rest, and then someone contracts Covid 19 and dies or spreads in among their family would you be cheering them then?

That could easily happen even with social distancing.
    Since when did people stop taking responsibility for themselves and expect everyone else to put the rules in place.
    If people were on the plane and were not comfortable with the situation when they boarded they should have removed themselves from the situation (I know easier said than done but don;t go whining to the press about not social distancing etc).

A plane is a virus bomb at the best of times. No one should be travelling until there is full pre flight checks, track and trace tech in place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

That could happen anywhere. Go into a supermarket, cough on your hand then pick up a bottle of say olive oil, decide you want the cheaper smaller one so put down the bottle and take a different one.

It could but what has been proven beyond question is prolonged exposure to someone breathing out Coronavirus infected air. Two hours in a plane is high risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,536 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

That could happen in dozens of situations. These people choose to fly and should be aware of the risks beforehand.
    Planes are by their very nature perfect places to spread the virus and social distancing is near impossible.None of that should be news to the people on board that flight

No one willing to take some personal responsibility anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

yabadabado wrote: »
    That could happen in dozens of situations. These people choose to fly and should be aware of the risks beforehand.
    Planes are by their very nature perfect places to spread the virus and social distancing is near impossible.None of that should be news to the people on board that flight

No one willing to take some personal responsibility anymore.

Personal responsibility. Two key words.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement