Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you travel? [Mod Note in Post #1 - Travel Discussion Only! Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Dogg Munde still acting the ballbag on here I see, some things never change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Golf is my Game

If people don't want to get the Rona, THEY can restrict THEIR movements.

I'm not ruining my life over others people's phobias and OCD.

You've got to follow the law though if not your just a git.

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Stick to the golf eh?

It's full allowed to post on any of the forums here as far as I can see.

Indeed.

But when “post” contains excrement like yours one would wonder if there should be a minimum IQ test before entering a thread.

You basically just spat out what the news tells you. Thanks bot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Dogg Munde still acting the ballbag on here I see, some things never change!

Point out the inaccuracies in my post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,307 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Law requires filling in a form - I'll do that

Law doesn't require 'restricting your movements', answering the phone to a low-level bureaucrat or telling my employer what I've been up to in my free time - and I've no intention of doing any of that nonsense.

But sure I think that's been explained to you once or fifty times already.

Point out the inaccuracies in my post

The very idea that if a person travels to somewhere that isn’t on a last minute hatchet job of a list, they should remove themselves from public and social life for 2 weeks upon return.

That in itself is not an inaccuracy to you, because it’s exactly what RTE and Mr.Burns-Martin tell us on the news.

I prefer to look at what recognized, international health bodies with reputable world class professionals say.

Not a health service & executive that couldn’t run a bath. They’re a laughing stock.

Inaccuracy number two - you didn’t look at it from the perspective of maybe if there are still the OCD / paranoid wrecks out there, they should go on another self imposed lockdown for 6 weeks if they enjoy it so much?

If you’re vulnerable stay inside and avoid public places.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 439 ✭✭FutureTeashock

There is no law for me to follow.

What's your handicap, by the way?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭bladespin

Even if you do that you still have to do the restricted movements for 14 days so its not a way around it and not safe either.
    Um, no, again.

Yes but you really probably shouldn't if you didn't know that it's not a legal requirement, it's been posted over a dozen times at this stage.

14th time.

It's not a legal requirement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,683 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Indeed.

But when “post” contains excrement like yours one would wonder if there should be a minimum IQ test before entering a thread.

You basically just spat out what the news tells you. Thanks bot

Yes better to spit out whatever conspiracy/alt news rubbish you found. That'll show off your IQ alright :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

A British run tabloidesque newspaper in Spain publishes an article about holidaying in Spain, giving out about tabloid media in the UK scaremongering

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/07/22/sensationalistic-headlines-from-british-gutter-press-attempt-to-scare-brits-away/

pjohnson wrote: »
    Yes better to spit out whatever conspiracy/alt news rubbish you found. That'll show off your IQ alright :pac:

Ah so it’s a conspiracy now to question why people believe everything they hear from a single state run media in RTE? Or a circus of a government ?

Some people actually look further afield to see what internationally renowned health experts are saying, outside of Ireland.

But yes, go ahead and tarnish me with the conspiracy theorist brush pjohnson, despite me suggesting nothing of the sort. Your side like to do that when other people won’t do what they’re doing.

It’s not alt news, it’s asking for someone to point out the law that says you must restrict your movements?

Stay indoors wee p.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 439 ✭✭FutureTeashock

Can I travel freely from Ireland to any country with open borders? YES!

Do I need to take any notice of the Govt's ludicrous Green List? NO!

Am I required by law to isolate or restrict my movements after returning from anywhere in the world? NO.

All of the above are 100% facts and cannot be argued because they are incontrovertibly true.

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    ok maybe I should tone down my rhetoric. Didnt mean to make you feel insulted in any way

I didnt understand you were referring back to March given that we are talking about the green list just issued 3 days ago, NL's current restrictions, Spain's regionalized infections, etc. So in March, I agree with you, many EU countries took very different measures as everybody was trying to figure out how to best protect themselves. But now, July 2020, the status quo is quite homogeneous and Ireland's positions does stand out (as reported by many continental news outlets).
    IMO, it has nothing to do with Shengen. Romania and Spain - for example - are part of the Shengen agreement but many other EU countries have some form of restrictions to travel there, total or regionalized. France is considering closing it's eastern boarder with Catalunya. It's not about Shengen, it's about telling people where they should or should go to on a regional basis.

As to your point about half the Irish people not knowing where the Canaries are, I'm not Irish so maybe a give a bit too much credit to the indigenous geographical competences but I would think that someone who gets on a 4.5hr flight to an island off the coast of Western Africa would be aware of the difference to flying to a region bordering France on the Mediterranean.
    But maybe other Irish posters are more qualified than me in making that assessment

Fair enough.

You do give too much credit. I know people that still talk about the 'mediterranean' cruise they took from the UK to the caneries via Portugal.

People that ask how far by car from Ibiza to where I am. No, they don't know there's a ferry needed.

That's just European countries I'm limiting too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Can I travel freely from Ireland to any country with open borders? YES!

Do I need to take any notice of the Govt's ludicrous Green List? NO!

Am I required by law to isolate or restrict my movements after returning from anywhere in the world? NO.

All of the above are 100% facts and cannot be argued because they are incontrovertibly true.

We can debate common sense.

We can debate common sense.

Yes, of course but that's not what the thread's about.

I wont be taking a vacation outside or within Ireland this year.

Think you would have to go to america for one of those ;)

Why?

• Advertisement

Why?

Its a trust issue

Im not putting myself in a position that I have no control over like Flights and Hotels Hygiene inside or outside of the country..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Ibiza! Ibiza! Ibiza! Off tomorrow for 2 weeks, can't wait!

Its a trust issue

Im not putting myself in a position that I have no control over like Flights and Hotels Hygiene inside or outside of the country..

This I can understand and respect. I would suggest it's a little ott but you must do whatever to feel safe.

Ibiza! Ibiza! Ibiza! Off tomorrow for 2 weeks, can't wait!

Was literally just watching a video from there a few mins ago, looks amazing and strangely quiet - I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

bladespin wrote: »
    Was literally just watching a video from there a few mins ago, looks amazing and strangely quiet - I like.

Sister came back yesterday. Said it was fabulous and beaches were lovely and quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Aside from the shambles of a green list, I dint think travel would be very enjoyable this year. Having to wear a mask for your entire journey and probably lots of sights closed or severely restricted at your destination

Parents in Switzerland at the moment and having a lovely time in Zurich. Sending photos and videos as we speak. No masks to be seen and nice low numbers of crowds.

14th time.

It's not a legal requirement

Well I saw something on the government websites or department of travel and I think health and safety people that you have to do that so really people shouldnt be ignoring what the experts are saying and just thinking they do their own thing because it's suits them and they don't care about others and the elderly and sick and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

Even if you do that you still have to do the restricted movements for 14 days so its not a way around it and not safe either.

No you don't, it's only an advice/guidance.

• Advertisement

Well I saw something on the government websites or department of travel and I think health and safety people that you have to do that so really people should be ignoring what the experts are saying and just thinking they do their own thing because it's suits them and they don't care about others and the elderly and sick and so on.

Any chance of some use of punctuation there ? Wasn’t sure if that was a random jumbling of words, or one massive sentence.

Golf is my game, illiterate is my middle name.

So called “experts” you refer to are all contradicting each other within our one small island and government.

You sound like a young child who has been randomly handed the microphone on the news in the middle of graft on street to look cute and give their input.
    “Oh you saw something on a website did you! Tell all the people what you saw, good boy”

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement