Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you travel? [Mod Note in Post #1 - Travel Discussion Only! Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 439 ✭✭FutureTeashock

pjohnson wrote: »
    Never said that but again not that suprising theres reading issues.

"Have that feeling dear auld teashock is also anti-vax with his rambling posting here.

We need some way to eliminate the dangerous idiots from society."

Your exact words. Quite incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,683 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

"Have that feeling dear auld teashock is also anti-vax with his rambling posting here.

Dont see the word "execute". I mean they thankfully often Darwin themselves anyway. Its just the need to stop them from harming the useful members of society with their stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Thread has descended into rubbish. Well done lads.

Dont see the word "execute". I mean they thankfully often Darwin themselves anyway. Its just the need to stop them from harming the useful members of society with their stupidity.

The useful idiots such as yourself. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 23,683 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Thread has descended into rubbish. Well done lads.

Well as with most covid threads when you have the anti-science/alt reality/alt facts crowd its not eaxtly an even start point :pac:

• Advertisement

Don’t worry, it seems Teashock’s physical state is as weak as his logic. A mere mask will cause him great physical harm so he refuses to wear one. Luckily he can take his mind off his poor immune system by watching YouTube videos by David Icke. I wouldn’t argue with him, he’s clearly mentally (and physically) ill.

He was referring to Darwin's theory. You don't vaccinate and therefore would die from a disease. It's a common concept.

their employers know about it, the creche management didn't

What difference does that make to spreading a disease? Because your boss knows you traveled and is ok with it, you can't pass on an infectious disease?

That creche worker could have caught it off the staff on the plane or in arrivals at Dublin airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

UK will put Spain back on the quarantine list from midnight tonight. Things must be ramping up over there now. Sad to see as they were doing so well up to now.

UK will put Spain back on the quarantine list from midnight tonight. Things must be ramping up over there now. Sad to see as they were doing so well up to now.

Lists will change constantly. Every country is going to have spikes and drops. Unless they stay closed or course but that is a death sentence to their economy

• Advertisement

Lists will change constantly. Every country is going to have spikes and drops. Unless they stay closed or course but that is a death sentence to their economy

I think the decision was the UKs to make here. I doubt Spain is jumping with joy at this, but safety first.

Pity that Spain has relied so heavily on the tourism sector for economic activity.

Policy at Gov level should learn lessons from this and diversify a good bit where possible. I know and love Spain don't get me wrong, but wild horses wouldn't drag me there at the moment. Situation is a bit volatile and places are dead, judging by the social media of friends who live there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

I think the decision was the UKs to make here. I doubt Spain is jumping with joy at this, but safety first.

Pity that Spain has relied so heavily on the tourism sector for economic activity.

Policy at Gov level should learn lessons from this and diversify a good bit where possible. I know and love Spain don't get me wrong, but wild horses wouldn't drag me there at the moment. Situation is a bit volatile and places are dead, judging by the social media of friends who live there now.

Yeah the Spanish economy seriously needs to diversify, unfortunately the hoteliers and their big business friends run the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Well as with most covid threads when you have the anti-science/alt reality/alt facts crowd its not eaxtly an even start point :pac:

It's quite obvious you have no wish or desire to travel so other than your desire to label others idiots what's the point?

Yeah the Spanish economy seriously needs to diversify, unfortunately the hoteliers and their big business friends run the show.

Well they did.....but doubt that will be for much longer if tourist confidence is shot. It really is time for the Spanish Gov to take the bull by the horns and use the EU stimulus moolah coming their way to enable some diversification. And we, yes our little country is contributing to the fund that will help bail them out, but using it to bolster tourism is not the right way to go now.

Whole other thread I suppose, sorry if I've taken things off track!

However, as you say Spain has a Brown Envelope culture too.

He was referring to Darwin's theory. You don't vaccinate and therefore would die from a disease. It's a common concept.

Something tells me I'll be just fine without a vaccine. We shall see. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

What difference does that make to spreading a disease? Because your boss knows you traveled and is ok with it, you can't pass on an infectious disease?

That creche worker could have caught it off the staff on the plane or in arrivals at Dublin airport.

it means the creche worker wouldn't have been allowed into work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

just back from 12 days in Spain.

restaurants and bars are pretty much dead, theyre all screwed. a lot of the Irish bars near my folks place never opened back up, sad to see pubs we went to for 15 years gone.

arriving in Spain, they take your temp as your queing to hand in your covid document, they can see about 50 metres of peoples temp as they approach.

trains - every train i was on had security walking up and down to enforce masks.
    beaches - nobody on top of each other, lifeguards and police consantly patrolling to enforce mask wearing, even at the edge of the water.
    restaurants - hand sanitiser as you enter, sit at your table, then remove mask. bringing kids to toilet? mask back on please.
    tivoli world kids park - sanitiser on everyones hands as they enter each ride, as people exit, they sainitise the amusements.

very, very strict on the mask over there, seen a few spanish people being pulled for not having them up over the mouth.

the wife was very reluctant to go away as the shame/fear mongering by the Irish media/politicians is insane. after abut 2 days of non stop mask wearing she said "i actually feel safer here now, and i cant believe at home were not weating masks mandatory"

arrive back into Dublin airport, they dont even take your temp.

all in all, had a great holiday, didnt lose my flight money for 4 people and am on quarantine now at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

copeyhagen wrote: »
    just back from 12 days in Spain.

restaurants and bars are pretty much dead, theyre all screwed. a lot of the Irish bars near my folks place never opened back up, sad to see pubs we went to for 15 years gone.

arriving in Spain, they take your temp as your queing to hand in your covid document, they can see about 50 metres of peoples temp as they approach.

trains - every train i was on had security walking up and down to enforce masks.
    beaches - nobody on top of each other, lifeguards and police consantly patrolling to enforce mask wearing, even at the edge of the water.
    restaurants - hand sanitiser as you enter, sit at your table, then remove mask. bringing kids to toilet? mask back on please.
    tivoli world kids park - sanitiser on everyones hands as they enter each ride, as people exit, they sainitise the amusements.

very, very strict on the mask over there, seen a few spanish people being pulled for not having them up over the mouth.

the wife was very reluctant to go away as the shame/fear mongering by the Irish media/politicians is insane. after abut 2 days of non stop mask wearing she said "i actually feel safer here now, and i cant believe at home were not weating masks mandatory"

arrive back into Dublin airport, they dont even take your temp.

all in all, had a great holiday, didnt lose my flight money for 4 people and am on quarantine now at home.

Wow. Masks on the beach also? That is crazy. How they getting so many cases now if you r to force to wear masks everywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

kris_2021 wrote: »
    Wow. Masks on the beach also? That is crazy. How they getting so many cases now if you r to force to wear masks everywhere?

Traditional tourism areas in Spain are seeing low figures for the most part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Well that escalated quickly.........
    If our gov follows suit will people be out of pocket to cover quarantine time out? Two weeks will hit a lot of people very hard.

https://twitter.com/skynews/status/1287088224872038400?s=21

• Advertisement

thelad95 wrote: »
    Traditional tourism areas in Spain are seeing low figures for the most part.

Thanks. I am pro travel but not sure how u could enjoy that heat with masks on especially on the beach? That is step to far for me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Wow. Masks on the beach also?

I couldn't be dealing with that, it would play havoc with my tanning.

Seamai wrote: »

Hahaha. Yet another reason to not wear them 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Thanks. I am pro travel but not sure how u could enjoy that heat with masks on especially on the beach? That is step to far for me..

Lying on the beach u don't need a mask nor when you are walking to the water.

If you are doing laps up and the down the shore line then you MIGHT need a mask, have to double check that one

Seamai wrote: »

Good time to bring a bit of levity into the situation. :P

But it's looking quite grim in Spain just the same. I know the outbreaks are not confined to the so called holiday areas, but the way the natives travel during the Summer might bring it elsewhere.

If our gov follows suit will people be out of pocket to cover quarantine time out? Two weeks will hit a lot of people very hard.

https://twitter.com/skynews/status/1287088224872038400?s=21

Not sure what you mean by follow suit...

There hasn't nor will there be enforced quarantine (unless things go really arse ways in winter) in Ireland. You might have noticed the bit of furore about the flights coming in from the US....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Northern Ireland will introduce a 14 day quarantine on Sunday for all passengers coming from Spain due to a rise in covid numbers in Spain. won't be on the greenlist here anytime soon

Good time to bring a bit of levity into the situation. :P

But it's looking quite grim in Spain just the same. I know the outbreaks are not confined to the so called holiday areas, but the way the natives travel during the Summer might bring it elsewhere.

Might be a typo but I think you mean the outbreaks are confined away from the holiday spots (excluding Barcelona).

But you are otherwise correct, the Spanish do tend to flock from City to coast during August especially. Will be interesting to see how they fare over the next few weeks.

Not totally unlike our own situation, the spike in cases seems to be driven by younger folk. The difference in Spain being that pubs and clubs had reopened, might be a rethink on that front.

They seem to be belatedly getting tough again and I have heard of crackdowns around Barcelona. Hopefully things gradually improve once the current burst has passed... Hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

UK government have made a mess up IMO.

Spain has seen a spike in cases in Catalonia region, not the entire country.

Very little cases in all the tourist hotspots, despite many people being there.

Now UK is advised essential travel only to mainland Spain, and if they travel to Balaerics or Canaries they must quarantine upon return for 2 weeks as of 12 tonight. Extremely short notice too.

It's not very fair for them to not allow people travel to the entire country for one region up in the North East.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Spain isn’t on our Green List so there’s nothing to follow suit on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement