Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old oak open at 1am last night (tues)?

Options
  • 27-02-2020 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭

Pardon my ignorance but I haven't been in Cork city past 9pm in about 15 years but I walking past the old oak at 1am last night and it was open. I was loving life a couple of swift ones before the bus but how are they allowed? I thought all pubs were strictly 11 30pm on weekdays.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Pardon my ignorance but I haven't been in Cork city past 9pm in about 15 years but I walking past the old oak at 1am last night and it was open. I was loving life a couple of swift ones before the bus but how are they allowed? I thought all pubs were strictly 11 30pm on weekdays.

Shhh Godammit man:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Its open late 7 nights a week, they pay for a bar extension to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Loads of late bars in town these days. I'm more curious about what bus you were getting after 1am! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,998 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Loads of late bars in town these days. I'm more curious about what bus you were getting after 1am! :)

There is one 24h BÉ city service

The only day of the week a bar can't get a late extension (if they pay for it etc) is Sunday (except if its a bank holiday the day after)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

220 is 24hr I think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

220 is 24 hr these days. I had no idea you could get a pint late during the week. It's good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

L1011 wrote: »

The only day of the week a bar can't get a late extension (if they pay for it etc) is Sunday (except if its a bank holiday the day after)

I've never noticed the likes of The Crane Lane or The Oak closing at 11 on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,998 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've never noticed the likes of The Crane Lane or The Oak closing at 11 on a Sunday.

What time places stay open til and the legislation are not always the same!

Advertisement